No one told me the KZ 1000 was so fast!

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
01 Nov 2012 10:29 #556663 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic No one told me the KZ 1000 was so fast!
great bikes there buddy...top notch...i bet you get folks double checking when you go by....did i really just see ,what i thought i saw?

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Nov 2012 11:05 #556673 by MFP-Joe
Replied by MFP-Joe on topic No one told me the KZ 1000 was so fast!
]

Yes, you bet, you gained up:laugh: ...yes, most places were i`d go, people show thumbs up, or give me some citations from the movie.. ;) It´s always a big fun for me, to ride my "Jim Goose-bike",
like on the 40th anniversary of kawasaki Z1-meeting this summer Edersee/ mid-germany..see pictures below...thanks for complements!!

Attachment K1.JPG not found

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlackZ1R

More
01 Nov 2012 22:08 #556728 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic No one told me the KZ 1000 was so fast!

peavylotus wrote: Its so solid and simple. makes me wonder why they quit making them...

The world decided it wanted HOG replicas instead...

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

• BlackZ1R
  • User
  • Kawasaki in my blood
More
02 Nov 2012 10:14 #556779 by BlackZ1R
Replied by BlackZ1R on topic No one told me the KZ 1000 was so fast!

N0NB wrote:

peavylotus wrote: Its so solid and simple. makes me wonder why they quit making them...

The world decided it wanted HOG replicas instead...

that's why the LTD was marketed..one of the first cruisers out of Japan. ;)
Went downhill ever since... :lol:

Killer bikes MFP-Joe. I only hope all the Aussie women aren't represented by the looks of that one in the pic...:unsure: wimmins 'sposed to have hair :silly:

Kawasaki

Someone once told me to marry that motorcycle I was riding ......there's times I wish I hadda listened .

More
02 Nov 2012 12:56 #556804 by MFP-Joe
Replied by MFP-Joe on topic No one told me the KZ 1000 was so fast!
...i really hope also!...at my taste, i don´t like too hairy woman..:-) harrr!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: BlackZ1R

More
02 Nov 2012 18:31 #556836 by kzcurt
Replied by kzcurt on topic No one told me the KZ 1000 was so fast!
now wait a minute...what are we talking about here :ohmy:

MFP-Joe wrote: ...i really hope also!...at my taste, i don´t like too hairy woman..:-) harrr!!

Flag carrier #23
9 @ 50-2053,

More
15 Nov 2012 19:01 #558520 by litespd
Replied by litespd on topic No one told me the KZ 1000 was so fast!
I just bought my KZ1000 LTD a couple of months ago. I had it in a local shop, having some work done on it. They called to tell me it was done, and I went to pick it up. When I got there, the guy behind the counter asked which bike was mine, and I told him. He said "Oh, that's YOUR KZ? Do you want to sell it?" I told him not yet, that I had just bought it, and he laughed. He told me that he had 4 different guys ask about it. He said they'd come to the shop for other things, saw it sitting there, and made a beeline over to it to look at it. Everyone of of them asked if it was for sale. It's as was said earlier...either they had one back in the day, or knew of someone that did, and really liked the bikes. Nice to know that, if I needed to sell it, it probably wouldn't take too long!

1982 KZ1000 LTD

"Wandering aimlessly through life without a plan, a reason, or a clue."

More
15 Nov 2012 22:24 #558557 by saxjonz
Replied by saxjonz on topic No one told me the KZ 1000 was so fast!

BlackZ1R wrote: Nah, my 1000s never felt like they would flatten your eyeballs with speed or brute power either. But, if it is your first go at a big bike getting off a wienie bike, yah, it will get up and haul the mail.
Low elevens isn't anything to sneeze at, 4theKZ. Good solid #s.
My Z1-R was in the solid mid-high 11 second range back in the mid 80s. For the life of me, it really felt a good bit stronger than my present KZ1000. I can account that for riding newer bikes and just being older and more experienced.
I have a couple bikes that will set you free. One is an '02 ZRX1200 with a Muzzy's big bore kit and ZZR12 cams. It's a single digit bike with the right rider on board. :cheer:

What's your handle on ZRXOA?
Ill tell you I just saw a KZ walk the dog with a hayabusa at the track on the quarter mile busa had a head start and the Z caught and destroyed it!
If the KZ is tuned right and with the right boltons its absolutely a lot of fun. But after getting off a fast bike and it feels slow. Everything is relative. My RSX stock was beat by most cars till I added a few boltons and got it tuned. It will take a Camaro with header, exhaust, CAI and chip, I took mustang GT's both old and new without much effort yet it doesn't feel so fast. I just get them off the line and keep them at 5-6 car lengths behind. I KNOW this cant be a really fast car yet...

79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

• 4TheKZ1000
  • Visitor
15 Nov 2012 22:34 #558560 by 4TheKZ1000
Replied by 4TheKZ1000 on topic No one told me the KZ 1000 was so fast!
One thing I have found with these bikes....how do you hang on to these bike during WOT with the flat OEM seat. I have a corbin gunfighter double seat or lady I think.... an my bike still want to throw me off the back. Im holding on hard at times....LOL

More
16 Nov 2012 11:43 #558628 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic No one told me the KZ 1000 was so fast!

4TheKZ1000 wrote: One thing I have found with these bikes....how do you hang on to these bike during WOT with the flat OEM seat. I have a corbin gunfighter double seat or lady I think.... an my bike still want to throw me off the back. Im holding on hard at times....LOL

as someone that has mainly rode flat seat z1r's.

you get ahold of these bikes with everything you have,plus pull a vacuum on the seat before you hit the launch button!!!!!!!!!!!!
now put your wife behind you and and hook that back tire and got to redline and start feeding the gears to it,while trying to keep the frontend somewhere close to the earth it is now so violently rotating!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

best feeling in the world trying to keep from getting sucked off the back :woohoo: !!!!!!

leon

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: 4TheKZ1000