OCC Bike Running a Little Lean!

• testarossa
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
04 Jul 2012 22:25 - 04 Jul 2012 22:25 #533903 by testarossa
OCC Bike Running a Little Lean! was created by testarossa
So I'm stuck in Connecticut on a business trip this week and decided to take a senic drive since the office is closed today for the holiday. I was tooling around enjoying the scenery and generally wishing I had my bike with me. I wandered into Upstate New York looking for something to eat for lunch. When I got on the freeway I noticed a sign saying 22 miles to Newberg. I thought "Isn't OCC and PJD in Newberg?" So I went to check it out. Much to my surprise, OCC had the store open today. I poked around checking out the bikes and bought a pair of sunglasses. I was surprised to see the "Lincoln Bike" that had been featured on the show. It's got some blue pipes. Looks like it was running rather lean for a while. Sorry about the blurry pic, that store is not the best place to take pictures of the bikes with a cell phone.

Attachment IMG_03121.JPG not found

Sadly there was nobody working in the shop, and PJD was all locked up so I didn't get to see anyone from the show.

I gotta say you guys in New England have some nice riding roads. I was really missing my bike today. A rental Grand Cherokee ain't no replacement for any of my bikes.

Spotted a guy riding a Z-1 Tuesday with the original 4 into 4 pipes and a sissy bar. I was in the area between Hartford and Windsor Locks. Are there any members who live in Connecticut?

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN
Attachments:
Last edit: 04 Jul 2012 22:25 by testarossa.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• testarossa
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
04 Jul 2012 22:30 #533906 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic OCC Bike Running a Little Lean!
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, the ergos on most of those bikes look impossible to me. I'm sure that everyone has seen the POW/MIA bike. I think that it is Sr's favorite bike since you see him riding it so much on the show. I have to say that tank is incredibly high. I'm 6'3" and I bet I would have a hard time seeing over that monster.

Attachment IMG_03081.JPG not found

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN
Attachments:

More
04 Jul 2012 23:40 #533917 by ramtough_63
Replied by ramtough_63 on topic OCC Bike Running a Little Lean!
kirker vance and hines RC and a host of exhaust designers do a barage of tezting on performance gains losses, drivability emissions noise levals etc..

OCC and PJD use big cubic inch and electronics to make horsepower their only concern is how cool they think it looks. if it will idle and accelerate they are happy.

turning blue not a big concern after the check is cashed and the show has aired

in the immortal words of Jesse James I want a bike I can ride and seriously how far can you ride with a 1.5 gallon gas tank on a 2000 pound Chopper

With that said it would be cool to build show bikes without any concern for function

1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

More
04 Jul 2012 23:50 #533920 by dejavoodo41
Replied by dejavoodo41 on topic OCC Bike Running a Little Lean!
I don't see how Sr. can ride that POW bike with that high tank considering he's only 5"7" or so.

1977 KZ1000A With 1980 KZ1000A MKII engine, Wiseco 1105 kit, Dyna S Ignition, 3 Ohm Dyna Coils, Cams, Mikuni RS34 Carbs, Vance and Hines Pro Pipe with Comp Baffle

New Smyrna Beach, FL

More
27 Jul 2012 14:21 #539020 by djturnz
Replied by djturnz on topic OCC Bike Running a Little Lean!

ramtough_63 wrote:
With that said it would be cool to build show bikes without any concern for function

You mean like Arlen Ness?

1982 KZ750 (4) LTD
The following user(s) said Thank You: wireman

More
27 Jul 2012 14:36 - 27 Jul 2012 14:37 #539024 by DiamondSkyBlue1000
Replied by DiamondSkyBlue1000 on topic OCC Bike Running a Little Lean!
Used to go to East Fishkill for IBM a lot. It's right across the river from Newburgh. I've visited the Teutul's shops a few times since going back to their first documentary on Discovery. I sat on the Fire Engine bike when it was stashed in the garage back behind their old shop by the iron works. Got yelled at for it and Mikey told me no one had ever had the balls to do that. While I've heard various rumblings about their bikes and their business ethics from contractors in the area, they are still pretty interesting to watch IMHO.
You are right about the roads up there. I bought my KZ from a guy in New Hampshire when I spent a summer in Fishkill a few years back and rode that bike all over up there. Just awesome, but the season is so brief! No wonder you can find so many vintage bikes for sale up there. They don't get to ride them too much! :P
Last edit: 27 Jul 2012 14:37 by DiamondSkyBlue1000.