1987 KZ305 LTD

• TheRustyJohnson
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
01 Jul 2012 21:29 #533206 by TheRustyJohnson
1987 KZ305 LTD was created by TheRustyJohnson
Hi all, I just bought a 1987 Kawasaki KZ305 LTD.
It's missing one side cover and the one I do have is a 305 csr (even though the bike is an ltd) I have been searching for the right side covers, but they are hard to find. So, I'm wondering, what other side covers will fit? I don't even mind if they don't say anything on them. But, I would like to have some side covers.

Also, does anyone have saddle bags for this type of bike? I'm looking for suggestions about what will or won't fit, what is reccommended?

If I need parts, what other bikes will have parts that work on the 87? Thanks for any input and information you can give me. arytwou

1987 Kawasaki KZ305 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2012 22:36 #533219 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic 1987 KZ305 LTD

TheRustyJohnson wrote: 1987 Kawasaki KZ305 LTD...searching for the right side covers... what other bikes will have parts that work on the 87?....

Hello, Rusty, and WELCOME to KZrider! :cheer:

Lots of good info on kawasaki.com, including parts diagrams, part names, part numbers, models sharing same part, availability, etc. Here's a link for help with navigating the site and finding information.
kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&...w&catid=13&id=376734

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

• TheRustyJohnson
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
07 Jul 2012 02:18 #534408 by TheRustyJohnson
Replied by TheRustyJohnson on topic 1987 KZ305 LTD
Thanks for the response. I checked out the site. I'm still learning my way around the old market finds. I'm sure it will get easier. For now though, I'm just going to have to do a lot of trial and error. Because I can't seem to find anything I need yet. But, I'm sure I will eventually.

Things like,

Mirrors that fit

side covers

over the seat saddle bags

1987 Kawasaki KZ305 LTD

More
07 Jul 2012 08:55 #534449 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic 1987 KZ305 LTD
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationAm uncertain which KZ305 side covers from other models/years would also fit 1987 KZ305-B2 LTD.

Ebay shows several KZ305 side covers:
motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trksid=p204...t=All+of+eBay+Motors

motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=side+co...sid=p4506.m270.l1313

CSR model side cover "might" fit the LTD model:

A limitation when searching kawasaki.com for models sharing the same part number is that an otherwise identical side cover of a different color won't show in the list of models using the same part.
In other words, the same basic part with a different color will have a different part number.
When Kawasaki offers a "new model" with the only difference being a color change from last year's model, the side cover on the new model is assigned a different part number than was used for the "old" model's side cover.

Mirrors and soft saddlebags should be relatively easy to find.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD