Stupid

More
16 May 2012 22:27 #522792 by csrjoe
Stupid was created by csrjoe
anybody know the going rate for fines in ohio, for driving without an endorsement, the officer didnt inpound the bike,didnt take the person to jail, called the city for to wavery fine, a wholla have to call another city (one that has a court) they said call back in 3 days. ofcourse I will get my temps. in a couple of days. Just wonder if anyone out there has any experience with this type of stupid on my part of course. :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2012 23:37 #522819 by ramtough_63
Replied by ramtough_63 on topic Stupid
i was told in Indiana its 25.00 for the first time and doubles each time I dont know that first hand, but since you are a licensed driver its not a big deal. but please let me know when you find out my son is everywhere without his endorsment or motorcycle permit.

1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

More
17 May 2012 00:20 - 17 May 2012 00:21 #522830 by Medina
Replied by Medina on topic Stupid
You're quite lucky he didn't tow it, I've had my endorsement since..1977-78 I think.

Heres some fun stats- from national highway safety folks

Nationwide:
25% of motorcycle riders in fatal crashes in 2008 were riding their vehicles with an invalid license.
Of the young motorcycle operators (ages 15-20) involved in fatal crashes in 2008, more than one-third (43%) were either unlicensed or driving with an invalid license.
26% of bikers involved in fatal crashes were riding without a valid license in 2007.
24% of riders involved in a fatal accident were riding without a valid license in 2006.

Those numbers are staggering.
If I can be so bold as to suggest you take a motorcycle safety course, some insurance companies offer a discount on insu.......you got insurance, yes? If you dont, they will fine you when you show up with out proof of insurance.
Hey, I know, I'm in Ohio, three guys I grew up with are cops or sheriffs.
I've never been pulled over on my bike, but I see them all the time around here, mostly younger looking riders.
IF you have time, get your endorsement, take the safety course get the insurance card and when you show up, the magistrate/judge has the POWER to drop the fines. Thats a fact.
good luck! stay positive.

1981 KZ1100 Vetter "Luminous Navy Blue" DAMN YOU COLOR CODES!
Medina, Oh
My Bike Thread
www.kzrider.com/forum/10-new-members/469298-from-ohio
Last edit: 17 May 2012 00:21 by Medina.

More
17 May 2012 01:22 #522845 by ramtough_63
Replied by ramtough_63 on topic Stupid
got my curiousity flowing and i was told wrong in indiana it is a class c traffic infration which in not criminal but cicvil carries a 35.00 fine and court cost

I looked up in.gov
I found this in ohio.gov

(B) Upon the request or motion of the prosecuting authority, a noncertified copy of the law enforcement automated data system report or a noncertified copy of a record of the registrar of motor vehicles that shows the name, date of birth, and social security number of a person charged with a violation of division (A)(1) or (2) of this section may be admitted into evidence as prima-facie evidence that the person did not have either a valid driver’s or commercial driver’s license at the time of the alleged violation of division (A)(1) of this section or a valid license as a motorcycle operator either in the form of an endorsement upon a driver’s or commercial driver’s license or a restricted license at the time of the alleged violation of division (A)(2) of this section. The person charged with a violation of division (A)(1) or (2) of this section may offer evidence to rebut this prima-facie evidence.

(C) Whoever violates this section is guilty of operating a motor vehicle or motorcycle without a valid license and shall be punished as follows:

(1) If the trier of fact finds that the offender never has held a valid driver’s or commercial driver’s license issued by this state or any other jurisdiction, or, in a case involving the operation of a motorcycle by the offender, if the offender has never held a valid license as a motorcycle operator, either in the form of an endorsement upon a driver’s or commercial driver’s license or in the form of a restricted license, except as otherwise provided in this division, the offense is an unclassified misdemeanor. When the offense is an unclassified misdemeanor, the offender shall be sentenced pursuant to sections 2929.21 to 2929.28 of the Revised Code, except that the offender shall not be sentenced to a jail term; the offender shall not be sentenced to a community residential sanction pursuant to section 2929.26 of the Revised Code; notwithstanding division (A)(2)(a) of section 2929.28 of the Revised Code, the offender may be fined up to one thousand dollars; and, notwithstanding division (A)(3) of section 2929.27 of the Revised Code, the offender may be ordered pursuant to division (C) of that section to serve a term of community service of up to five hundred hours. The failure of an offender to complete a term of community service imposed by the court may be punished as indirect criminal contempt under division (A) of section 2705.02 of the Revised Code that may be filed in the underlying case. If the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to any violation of this section or a substantially equivalent municipal ordinance, the offense is a misdemeanor of the first degree.

(2) If the offender’s driver’s or commercial driver’s license or permit or, in a case involving the operation of a motorcycle by the offender, the offender’s driver’s or commercial driver’s license bearing the motorcycle endorsement or the offender’s restricted license was expired at the time of the offense, except as otherwise provided in this division, the offense is a minor misdemeanor. If, within three years of the offense, the offender previously has been convicted of or pleaded guilty to two or more violations of this section or a substantially equivalent municipal ordinance, the offense is a misdemeanor of the first degree.

the way I read it if its your 1sy offense its a unclassified misdemeanor

look up this and it will tell you what the courts can do 2929.21 to 2929.28 of the Revised Code

codes.ohio.gov/orc/4510.12

1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

More
17 May 2012 14:07 #522921 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Stupid
In Blackford County Indiana it cost my nephew $150 for driving without an endorsement.
Cop was a mile away talking to a buddy when he heard the noise and decided to investigate.
Kerker with no baffle on a GPz750 motor in a KZ650.

Court costs are where they get you.

KD9JUR

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
17 May 2012 15:39 #522937 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic Stupid
Get everything in order before you go to court. They can dismiss it and charge you court costs. Good Luck

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

More
17 May 2012 16:46 #522945 by csrjoe
Replied by csrjoe on topic Stupid
I do have insurance, Its been a day and a half since ticket, I'm leaving to get my temps. packet, right now. I've thought about selling it, but figure the judge would still want his pound of flesh. I will go thru the motions. But if they do try to gouge me, (I know this is my fault) I will end up having to sell it. I have a car as a back up.

More
17 May 2012 16:54 - 17 May 2012 16:56 #522947 by Medina
Replied by Medina on topic Stupid
I'm telling ya, get the temp tag, or real tag- take a quick safety course, go in there-clean shaved, hair cut, clean clothes, and plead I was stupid, I'm trying to make it right, unless you're a repeat offender of some kind, I've seen them toss everything out and stick you with 50-100 costs

what county?

I have a few friends who are sheriffs, and the stories they tell me about folks showing up drunk, belligerent, defiant, smelling bad, raggedy looking....trust me, appearances are key along with making the judge think you're actually trying to do the right thing.

1981 KZ1100 Vetter "Luminous Navy Blue" DAMN YOU COLOR CODES!
Medina, Oh
My Bike Thread
www.kzrider.com/forum/10-new-members/469298-from-ohio
Last edit: 17 May 2012 16:56 by Medina.

More
17 May 2012 18:47 #522970 by csrjoe
Replied by csrjoe on topic Stupid
cuyahoga,I will study 2 nite, have a meeting at 730pm, well take test fri for temps, I believe theirs a running list I will have to get on for the safety test If I can get on it before the court day which is 6-6-12 (the 25.00 course) - every year Ive check its been filled up. I might have to go for the drivers test that the ohio highway patrol gives.If it isnt filled up past the court date.