anyone in the kansas city area work on bikes?

More
06 Apr 2012 18:44 #514439 by Tslave
I'm just wondering if anyone is around Kansas City that works on bikes that you guys know and would do it right. I need to get some work done on my 900 LTD and I would like to get someone who knows what they are doing and not just take it to some random fella who used to know a guy that had one and they used to........(fill in your own idea here). Anyway, if you guys know anyone, let me know. Would love to find someone who would let me watch and get an idea on how to do it myself, but, I know not everyone is interested in that.

Also, anyone around here that wants to meet up and go on a ride or something, let me know. Usually ride mine everyday unless it looks like rain.

Tslave

Tslave

76 900 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2012 23:43 #514932 by N0NB
Keith Fellenstien of Lawrence writes a tech column for each issue of Motorcycle Classics. I don't know if he has a shop open to the public, although I'd reckon he does. I don't know anything about him other than that.

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

More
10 Apr 2012 00:10 #514938 by pig9r
Independence Kawasaki has a mechanic that is familar with Z1's and KZ's. I bought a 76 KZ900 from them on consignment a few months ago.