Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 18 Jun 2012 10:10 #530069

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
The new map of Leg 2 shows BlackZ1-R in Florence, MS as the hand off guy to leg 3.

Above him is Arkansas, Missouri, Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota before it pops back into Canada, Yes ?

I'm working on getting the Illinois riders organized, if that's OK

Hopefully we've got ( ready2ryde1985 )in Alton,IL and ( Jim (rainman) ) by Quincy IL still in the Relay.
PM's sent.

I'm in Marseilles,IL and can easily meet Rainman half way and would still like to bring the flag up into Wisconsin as before.

Snarky30 and Bert75 haven't posted since Feb. and Mar. if your still interested please say so.

Arkansas and Missouri still need to work things out.

My 20 cents.

JD
78 KZ1000 A2A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by bluej58.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 18 Jun 2012 16:44 #530125

• Snarky30
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Snarky30 checking in. I've been keeping an eye on the thread but haven't said much. I'm definitely available to ride if needed, but I'm very close to ready2ryde1985 (about 25 minutes or so south), so I may just be an "if needed", or else his trip won't be very long.

Let me know where you need me. I'm pretty flexible and ready to ride.
1982 kz440 LTD Belt

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 18 Jun 2012 19:57 #530180

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
Snarky, good to hear from you bro.

Still waiting to hear from ready2ryde1985 and there is a big gap between you and BlackZ1-R in Florence, MS, if you are cool with running South a bit first it would help out for sure.

We need Arkansas and Missouri riders ,big time.
78 KZ1000 A2A

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 19 Jun 2012 02:02 #530270

• Rainman
  • Sustaining Member
  • and a little Kaw shall lead them
  • Thank you received: 75
Bluej58, Rainman is still in.

Crappiehunter (Ottumwa, IA), you still in?
Jdbusch (Herrin, IL), you still interested?
80 KZ750 H1 - the Kaw calf
79 KZ750 Twin - Miss Nov 2008 KZR calander
79 KZ750 Twin parts bike
78 KZ650 C2 Parts Bike
75 KZ400 Wife's old bike sold
81 KZ440 A2 LTD Wife's new bike
84 Honda 450 Rebel Wife's newest bike
Jim
Quincy,IL

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 26 Jun 2012 22:35 #532008

• TomW
  • TomW's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
  • Thank you received: 52

bluej58 wrote: Looks like I'm on your crew now Tom. ;)

Good to have you on the 3rd leg team.

I've been following the posts, just haven't had much to say for a while.

It looks like the flag is still in Massachuessetts (sp) It may be a while before it gets to Black Z1R in MS but we'll start planning now for leg 3. I need to hear from all the riders in TX, LA, OK, KS, MO, NB, IA, IL, WI, MN, ND, SD. This includes but is not limited to: BlackZ1R, WABBMW, BSKZ650, 531blackbanshee, Mac68, OKC_Kent, GhotrodR, Snarky30, readytoride1985, rainman, crappiehunter, justinZ830, NONB, goodfastncheap, Bert 75, BlueJ58, ajkzbobber, WendyS, Placemark103, DoubleDub DaddyJama, Moneypit, bearshawk, cregmanZ1, bekz.

I need your email addy that you look at every day, not your spam trap. A phone #, preferably a cell that you keep with you, a street address so I can map routes with Mapquest and what you ride and is it reliable.

I need this info soon to be able to figure who is available to ride.

Also, contact through PM's those riders that are nearest you to so you can set up routes and meeting places. You know your territory better than I or Mapquest does. Keep a dialogue going so that interest doesn't peter out.

OKC_Kent, are you still in OK or did you move? Your pin is in CO. now. Everyone else be sure your pin is in the proper place on the map. If you can't place it, email me and I can move it for you.

I'll start with BlackZ1R. Can you meet someone from Houston around Alexandria, LA? It's about 200 miles from you and another 200 miles to Houston. WABBMW can you meet BlackZ1R in LA? Or can BSKZ650 make this trip. It's a long haul, I know, but someone has to make it. The next stop is around Oklahoma City. whoever doesn't go to LA gets to go to Dallas to meet with the OK riders. Another long haul.

I'll try to keep this thread near the top of the list so ya'll don't think I'm sleeping. Let's get going, maybe we can prod the last of the leg 1 riders and the leg 2 riders into action. Let's get r done!
Tom Wait aka TomW
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
414/416-4891
West Bend, WI
'78 KZ1000B2 LTD stock + Vetter Fairing & luggage
'91 ZG1200B5 Voyager XII, stock

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 27 Jun 2012 01:07 #532037

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
  • Thank you received: 391
I think the guys out west, and myself, are waiting to see how the Rocky Mountain leg will end up. Which could be next year? Who knows at this point. It sure would be nice to see the Flag moving again, by bike and not the Post hopefully. But whatever happens happens. Its been Juneuary here anyway with temps 10 or more below average. Between the 2 street bikes I've only done maybe 2500mi so far this spring. If that flag gets near here somewhere and its not winter, I'll be ready.
B)
1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 27 Jun 2012 11:33 #532085

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.

Motor Head wrote: I think the guys out west, and myself, are waiting to see how the Rocky Mountain leg will end up. Which could be next year? Who knows at this point. It sure would be nice to see the Flag moving again, by bike and not the Post hopefully. But whatever happens happens. Its been Juneuary here anyway with temps 10 or more below average. Between the 2 street bikes I've only done maybe 2500mi so far this spring. If that flag gets near here somewhere and its not winter, I'll be ready.
B)

I was waiting to see how leg 2 winds up. Recent events in the north got me moving again. I too hope to see more and faster progress.
With the huge gap between MN and MT I'm considering the possibility of finishing leg three down south with a pass to gravit8 in Albuquerque. This is very preliminary thinking.

I only have one response to my query so far, the rest will chime in soon.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 27 Jun 2012 13:19 #532097

• Snarky30
  • User
Just sent you an email, Tom, to your sbc address with all my info. Can't wait to get ours started.
1982 kz440 LTD Belt

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 29 Jun 2012 14:28 #532622

• OKC_Kent
  • User
  • Thank you received: 20

TomW wrote:

bluej58 wrote: Looks like I'm on your crew now Tom. ;)

I need your email addy that you look at every day, not your spam trap. A phone #, preferably a cell that you keep with you, a street address so I can map routes with Mapquest and what you ride and is it reliable.

I need this info soon to be able to figure who is available to ride.

Also, contact through PM's those riders that are nearest you to so you can set up routes and meeting places. You know your territory better than I or Mapquest does. Keep a dialogue going so that interest doesn't peter out.

OKC_Kent, are you still in OK or did you move? Your pin is in CO. now. Everyone else be sure your pin is in the proper place on the map. If you can't place it, email me and I can move it for you.

I'll start with BlackZ1R. Can you meet someone from Houston around Alexandria, LA? It's about 200 miles from you and another 200 miles to Houston. WABBMW can you meet BlackZ1R in LA? Or can BSKZ650 make this trip. It's a long haul, I know, but someone has to make it. The next stop is around Oklahoma City. whoever doesn't go to LA gets to go to Dallas to meet with the OK riders. Another long haul.

I'll try to keep this thread near the top of the list so ya'll don't think I'm sleeping. Let's get going, maybe we can prod the last of the leg 1 riders and the leg 2 riders into action. Let's get r done!
Tom Wait aka TomW
414/416-4891
West Bend, WI

OKC_Kent is still here. Tom can you fix my pin? Got no idea what happened there..
Guys, I will be away from 6-30 through 7-16. I'm sure this will be ok and won't mess things up. I am willing to ride 300-400 miles one way, so central-northern Texas is cool, so is Central and Eastern Kansas, western Missouri, or even eastern New Mexico.

Kent Hallsten
Oklahoma City, OK
405-513-2726 cell
Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

Last edit: by OKC_Kent.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 01 Jul 2012 14:34 #533101

• TomW
  • User
  • Keep the blue side up.
That's good to know Kent. I'll count on you to go down to Dallas to meet with either WABBMW or BSS650 from Houston. I'll fix yer pin when I get home from work. We got a plan cooking! PM those guys to see who can make it.

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 01 Jul 2012 17:28 #533142

• gravit8
  • User
I'm still in Iowa, Iowa City, technically, and I'll make things work for the handoff once the timing gets sorted out (family in Albuquerque is always a good reason to visit, right?) so one way or another I'm going to participate in the relay, if it's during the midwest leg or the mountain leg, or both. Assuming, of course, the kz doesn't have other ideas...been riding in the 100+ degree heat this week around town...yeah. Ever still your head in a blast furnace? lol.
I honestly don't know how fast I was going, officer; My speedo tops out at 85...

KZ North American Relay Ride-Leg 3 02 Jul 2012 12:14 #533337

• 531blackbanshee
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 797
i'm still in.

leon
skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0