Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

Canadian Relayers? 17 Apr 2012 21:34 #516390

• KZ250LTD
  • User
  • Thank you received: 16
Tony, I live in Saskatoon but at the moment my bikes are in Regina. Still not sure of the job situation for the summer but if I had time I could probably run from the Hat east and maybe the next day out to Moosomin or Brandon or whatever would work for Rainer
79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Canadian Relayers? 17 Apr 2012 21:50 #516394

• Killman
  • User
  • Now with 99% more ducks
  • Thank you received: 12
So does anyone know who I'm supposed to be meeting, or where, or when? The last I saw was late November as the rough time to be coming through the Rockies... late November's a crazy time to be riding almost anywhere other than Victoria in Canada.
1983 kz440 ltd
Quack

Canadian Relayers? 17 Apr 2012 22:37 #516402

• Kawboy74
  • User
  • Thank you received: 52
Mark1122 I would like to sign on for a segment of the ride. Do you know the approximate dates of the ride passing through Burlington so I can make plans to join in. I would love to do some of this ride now that my 900 is finally done and to meet some of the guys!
David
1974 Z1A As original as I could get it
'88 ZX750R braided lines, mostly original
KZ1000 project on the bench
Burlington,Ontario,Canada

Canadian Relayers? 18 Apr 2012 08:18 #516451

• 9am53
  • 9am53's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • homebrew, and some bbq
  • Thank you received: 3
hey Kawboy, I am not mark obviously but as far as I know it was supposed to be in our neck of the continent sometime in June, but I think it is taking longer to move through leg 1 than people were expecting, so maybe even later.

Canadian Relayers? 18 Apr 2012 11:00 #516464

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
  • Thank you received: 109

Kawboy74 wrote: Mark1122 I would like to sign on for a segment of the ride. Do you know the approximate dates of the ride passing through Burlington so I can make plans to join in. I would love to do some of this ride now that my 900 is finally done and to meet some of the guys!
David

Hi Kawboy, good to here from u.
it would be very dif to guess when it will be comming through, Aug. ???
add your name to the KZR Relay,Google Map that is in my signature below. if u have trouble just holler.
u r between TeK9iNe,jonny(niagara?) and drooz.
i think it should work like this.

please pm the riders nearest to u on the google map, and coordinate how u would like to participate with each other. if u have friends that dont have vintage bikes,they r welcome to join u. the consensus is that the flag should be carried by a vintage bike though.
after sorting out who rides when, please post it or let me know, and i will update the list in sequence, so everyone can get an idea of how it ill go. dont be worried about changing the rout latter. this is an ongoing process so anyone can join in at any time and change thing up. thats how i see it anyways, but if anyone had a dif perspective im all ears.
Mark
76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

Canadian Relayers? 20 Apr 2012 11:45 #516877

• Tony
  • KZr Legend
  • Thank you received: 13

Killman wrote: So does anyone know who I'm supposed to be meeting, or where, or when? The last I saw was late November as the rough time to be coming through the Rockies... late November's a crazy time to be riding almost anywhere other than Victoria in Canada.

I'm not sure what's happening once we get this far. As far as I know there is a gap between between you and I. Then it needs to go south again. So not sure what's happening there. Also, like you said, the weather could turn and make things difficult.

Canadian Relayers? 20 Apr 2012 14:04 #516910

• H2RICK
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
  • Thank you received: 1

Also, like you said, the weather could turn and make things difficult.

Tony, let's be honest here......anything after the end of September/mid-October is a "non-starter" because of the dodgy weather, IMO.....at least on the Prairies and the interior of BC. Any time later than that is totally out of the question, IMO.....excepting "instant and severe global warming". :laugh:
I, for one, am NOT big on riding in temps any lower than about +15*C for any kind of distances. Others may find that kind of riding "exhilarating", though. ;)
If we are going to do this thing in ONE western Canadian riding season AND get the banner back over the border to someone in Washington state then the handover at the border realistically can't take place much later than mid-October, IMO.
Sooooo....everyone back "upstream" (read Ontario/Quebec) has to get their collective act together to prevent any probs later on, weatherwise. Let me/us have further thoughts from you on this.
KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

Canadian Relayers? 20 Apr 2012 23:52 #517025

• Tony
  • KZr Legend
Agreed on the weather situation. I guess we'll have to see what happens...

Canadian Relayers? 21 Apr 2012 10:06 #517068

• mark1122
  • User
  • Keep twisting it
  • Thank you received: 109
I just heard some tragic news.
We Lost our freind Jack to cancer.
he will be missed for sure. I was realy looking forward to meeting him this summer on out relay ride.
kzrider.com/forum/15-fallen-riders/517004-we-lost-a-good-member
76 KZ, frame gusset work,1200CC.Ported by Larry Cavanaugh, 1.5mm.over intakes, Carron Pipe, ZRX12 rear end, and seat,96zx9 front end.
01 CBR600F4i Track bike.
Cobourg, Ont. Can.

~ ~ ~_@
~ ~ _- \,
~ (k) / (z)

Canadian Relayers? 23 Apr 2012 12:14 #517553

• KZ_Rage
  • User
  • Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
  • Thank you received: 19
I knew Jack's health wasn't so good as he had told me he wanted to be in the relay but had to limit his riding. So sad to hear of his passing, wish he could have got his wish and got to ride in the relay. :(
1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)
2001 Sprint 955i ST (daily rider)

Canadian Relayers? 19 May 2012 23:34 #523468

• Tony
  • KZr Legend
bump

Canadian Relayers? 20 May 2012 00:08 #523473

• stephenzone
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
mark (mark1122) has asked me to ride with him for his leg of the trip. since he only lives about 3 km from me it should be doable.
71-H1 Cafe w/750 engine
73-Z1 wifey's 1105cc
74-Z1 RatRod 1393cc