Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 12 Sep 2012 22:40 #548340

• les holt
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 288
We decided not to go hog wild on the cleaning job. :laugh: It's going to have dirt, road grime and dust on it, trust me! I just changed the starter sprag unit and rotor, 1 bolt broken and the other 2 almost. It developed a knock couple weeks ago and I knew what it was but had no idea it was that bad. Other than that it's a normal routine prep for a ride then outa here.

DQ is fine. That puts me pulling out at about 8 am which means jacket and gloves which also means I need a way to carry them home, supposed to be nice that day.

Les

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 13 Sep 2012 00:10 #548383

• boatdrinks
  • User
  • Thank you received: 54

ramtough_63 wrote: Glad to see it getting close to me Krazy Chris and boatdrinks you guys ready??
I'll meet up with Les the following weekend unless we can break free before then just checkin to make sure you guys are still in

I'm ready to go. Ron768 is up for the ride to Columbus, MS. Have not heard from Chris lately. Did you two work a meeting place out yet?
Charles
Madison, AL
1978 KZ650 B2A, Luminous Dark Blue

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 13 Sep 2012 00:23 #548391

• ramtough_63
  • User
  • Thank you received: 132
Just got a PM with his number i'll call him this week come up with a halfway point
1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 13 Sep 2012 15:52 #548475

• jlagersen
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello! Not sure why I've never used this forum before, but hey, here now :)

So yes, I live in Nashville and have had my '76 KZ400 for four years now.. It's my daily rider for the most part. I've replaced pretty much everything and rebuilt the carbs, and even found a spare motor that I'm currently running for $75 a couple of months ago.

I've done an event like this for the past two years with the SOHC/4 Honda guys, who put together a relay around the world in 2011. The Godzilla that was our "baton" is somewhere in Europe now, after having travelled all of the contiguous US, all of the provinces of Canada and around New Zealand & Austraila.

Anyhoo, I've seen yr map and can help you guys through Tennessee. I haven't read all of this thread (24 pages!) so if someone could briefly bring me up to speed that would be great. Incidentally, our local vintage MC is putting on a Rally on September 29th, so it would be cool if we could somehow involve that... not sure what yr timeline is though.
1976 KZ400D3 w/ 1975 KZ400S motor
1976 CB750F w/ 1977 CB750K motor

Last edit: by jlagersen.

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 13 Sep 2012 16:29 #548481

• ramtough_63
  • User

jlagersen wrote: Hello! Not sure why I've never used this forum before, but hey, here now :)

So yes, I live in Nashville and have had my '76 KZ400 for four years now.. It's my daily rider for the most part. I've replaced pretty much everything and rebuilt the carbs, and even found a spare motor that I'm currently running for $75 a couple of months ago.

I've done an event like this for the past two years with the SOHC/4 Honda guys, who put together a relay around the world in 2011. The Godzilla that was our "baton" is somewhere in Europe now, after having travelled all of the contiguous US, all of the provinces of Canada and around New Zealand & Austraila.

Anyhoo, I've seen yr map and can help you guys through Tennessee. I haven't read all of this thread (24 pages!) so if someone could briefly bring me up to speed that would be great. Incidentally, our local vintage MC is putting on a Rally on September 29th, so it would be cool if we could somehow involve that... not sure what yr timeline is though.

Welcome to the madness Your probably the closest to me I should have it the next 2 weekends or so and will be looking to pass it off to Krazy Chris but you are in between us. I will have 250 miles or so to get the flag from Les so if you guys want to get together and meet my in KY instead of me riding to tenn that would be great The more the merrier I always say
1978 KZ1000 A2
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 13 Sep 2012 16:59 #548490

• KZJOE900
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 444

jlagersen wrote: The Godzilla that was our "baton" is somewhere in Europe now, after having travelled all of the contiguous US, all of the provinces of Canada and around New Zealand & Austraila.

Godzilla! :laugh: :laugh: Now that's creative; someone was definitely thinking out of the box. :laugh: Love it! But of course, the flag has its benefits as well since it accommodates the ability to sign it and has the KZR logo. Welcome to KZR! Hope you can participate in the relay. Sounds like the timing is good.
Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 13 Sep 2012 17:16 #548491

• jlagersen
  • User

ramtough_63 wrote:
Welcome to the madness Your probably the closest to me I should have it the next 2 weekends or so and will be looking to pass it off to Krazy Chris but you are in between us. I will have 250 miles or so to get the flag from Les so if you guys want to get together and meet my in KY instead of me riding to tenn that would be great The more the merrier I always say

Where are you coming from?
1976 KZ400D3 w/ 1975 KZ400S motor
1976 CB750F w/ 1977 CB750K motor

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 13 Sep 2012 18:59 #548509

• ramtough_63
  • User

jlagersen wrote:

ramtough_63 wrote:

Where are you coming from?

riding from probidence Ky to Vincennes, or close IN to get the flag back to providence then south to wherever
1978 KZ1000 A2
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 13 Sep 2012 21:11 #548530

• KraZy Chris
  • User

ramtough_63 wrote:

jlagersen wrote: Hello! Not sure why I've never used this forum before, but hey, here now :)

Hey jlagersen I got your email, Glad to hear you are interested! You would come between ramtough and me. We dont have a set timeline on when the flag will get to us but should be in a couple weeks if things keep progressing at the current pace. I will pm you my email and cell so we can coordinate. Welcome aboard!!
78 KZ1000, Middle TN

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 13 Sep 2012 21:23 #548532

• KraZy Chris
  • User

ramtough_63 wrote:

Hey Ramtough I am all for jlagersen being a guy between me and you I sent him my info so if you guys want to meet and then let him meet me it will make our ride a lil shorter but hopefully more enjoyable!
78 KZ1000, Middle TN

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 13 Sep 2012 21:25 #548533

• KraZy Chris
  • User
Hey Boatdrinks! Im still here looking forward to our ride!
78 KZ1000, Middle TN

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 13 Sep 2012 21:40 #548536

• ramtough_63
  • User
sounds good either way
1978 KZ1000 A2
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 13 Sep 2012 22:31 #548547

• boatdrinks
  • User

KraZy Chris wrote: Hey Boatdrinks! Im still here looking forward to our ride!

Figured as much just haven't seen you on the board lately. I don't recall if we discussed but I am now thinking that you, Ron768, and I can meet somewhere in Huntsville, maybe the new Veterans Memorial, and take the flag down the Trace to Columbus, MS for the hand off to Z1R.
Charles
Madison, AL

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 13 Sep 2012 22:37 #548549

• BlackZ1R
  • User
  • Kawasaki in my blood
  • Thank you received: 47
Great! Sounds like this is coming together really well now. So it looks like it might be 3-4 weeks or more before boatdrinks gets the flag, or am I way off?
I'll be ready, actually been ready. Didn't want to work on my bike till after the relay, but couldn't resist. Now I will have another KZ waiting in the wings if I need it.

Welcome to the party jlagersen, looks like you'll fit right in, and at just the right time. Now if we can get some southern KZriders to jump in from LA. or south MS. we'll have this leg knocked out in no time!! :cheer:
Kawasaki

Someone once told me to marry that motorcycle I was riding ......there's times I wish I hadda listened .

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 13 Sep 2012 22:54 #548553

• asevans
  • User
well Les. looks like we might want to eat at skyline chili so you can warm up. its going to be a little chilly Sunday morning.
It will be a really nice ride home though.
1976 kz900 Mostly stock
1978 Z1-R Project

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 13 Sep 2012 23:00 #548554

• les holt
  • Vendor
  • Thank you received: 288
That works too, not a picky eater, I just like to eat.

Les

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 13 Sep 2012 23:46 #548562

• jeffasaki
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
you guys are doing a great job
can some one post a good close up pic of the flag please
ride safe brothers
78 Z1R
78 KZ1000
76 KH500 gone
71 HS1B 90
81 GS 1100 gone
80 PE400
02 KLR

Ontario Canada

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 14 Sep 2012 07:53 #548600

• Wiggens
  • User
Here ya go Jeffasaki...

The flag will be back on the road tomorrow for a whirlwind hand off weekend. More pics will be up in the next few days.
1981 KZ550 LTD
Attachments:

Last edit: by Wiggens.

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 14 Sep 2012 08:48 #548607

• KZ_Rage
  • KZ_Rage's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
  • Thank you received: 19
Should be all set for tomorrow, meet Hypnohio in Chilicothe Ohio at the Rooster's at noon Saturday, meet asevans and Les Holt in Batesville Indiana at the DQ parking lot at 11am Sunday. Several lunch spots are all there together so we can decide then, also need to locate a good photo op spot for the hand-off there.

BlackZ1R, if we stay on pace to move it each weekend then you should have it in 3 weekends from now on the 6th of October. Then on the 13th of October Leg#2 will end with the passing of the flag to Leg#3.
1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)
2001 Sprint 955i ST (daily rider)

Last edit: by KZ_Rage.

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 14 Sep 2012 10:22 #548612

• boatdrinks
  • User
KraZy Chris, ron768, Je77ekz1000a... Wanted to send a group e mail but didn't see any listed for you guys.

This thing is coming fast now. Looks like the Trace route will be around 230 miles. If everyone is good with that cool. If not I have mapped out a few other routes that will cut at least 50 miles off the trip. Since we are going to do this in one day, I assume, you guys let me know by PM what you want to do and if you are in or not for the trek to Columbus.
Charles
Madison, AL