Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC:

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 29 May 2012 21:46 #525759

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1973
Im up for lunch, We need to speak to Curt in Kalamazoo to see what will work. Maybe Curt and Harm can meet Will and I , and join us for a group ride to meet bluej58 somewhere. And then get lunch as a group and do a bunch of pictures along Lake Michigan. Seems like our part of the relay is coming together with time to spare.

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 30 May 2012 09:02 #525836

• harm
  • User
  • Tom
  • Thank you received: 13
yea, that sounds good to me! It's all coming together nicely :)
Tom
Holland, MI

1980 KZ550 ELR

2011 Concours14

2017 KX450 [/color]

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 31 May 2012 00:04 #526013

• ramtough_63
  • User
  • Thank you received: 132
getting a few responses from craigslist ad I ran hoping to have an enterage for our part. My girls Daughter has agreed to do a photo shoot at the riverfront in evansville (she owns a photography Biz)
if i can get enough participants to show up will have the Local news do a spot on it there is a couple photo worthy landmarks one is next to a riverfront resturaunt that sponcers local car and bike shows by the WWII LST warship tdowntown on the riverfront he other would be at the 4 freedoms monument
1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 12 Jun 2012 10:35 #528474

• KZ_Rage
  • KZ_Rage's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
  • Thank you received: 19
Leg#2 riders.... get ready, we are about to start! :woohoo:

There might be some major changes coming to the route so please check this thread often so you can be prepared!
1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)
2001 Sprint 955i ST (daily rider)

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 12 Jun 2012 10:45 #528481

• Renthorin
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Where is the flag at this time? I've lost track, not that I ever really knew :- (

I'm ready to roll when it gets to the Michigan / Canada borderlands.

Will
1977 kz650 B
Dexter Michigan, USA.

Just the average boy next door. I enjoy: SCUBA, drag racing, car shows, dog shows, dog agility, dog sledding, camping (tent), hiking, target shooting (gun/crossbow), landscaping/gardening, and finally getting back into motorcycles.

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 12 Jun 2012 11:18 #528486

• KZJOE900
  • Admin
  • Thank you received: 443

Renthorin wrote: Where is the flag at this time? I've lost track, not that I ever really knew :- (

I'm ready to roll when it gets to the Michigan / Canada borderlands.

Will

Hey Renthorin, here is a link to the Relay Map . On the East Coast you will see green motorcycle icons. Click on the one furthest north and you will see its current location and rider.
Current project 76 KZ900 (This was a Vetter model)
76 KZ900
81 XJ550H SECA (Current Project)
82 XJ550R SECA
Past:
86 FJ1200
74 Z1900
72 CB450

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 12 Jun 2012 11:45 #528493

• BlackZ1R
  • User
  • Kawasaki in my blood
  • Thank you received: 47
Sure thing. Just let me know when it's heading my way. Looks like boatdrinks is third now that enaz1 isn't on the map???? Where do you find the map indicating the next riders location? I'm still asleep.
Wasn't there a Tshirt thread or something??? :blush: :cheer:
Kawasaki

Someone once told me to marry that motorcycle I was riding ......there's times I wish I hadda listened .

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 12 Jun 2012 11:48 #528496

• bluej58
  • Sustaining Member
  • The chrome don't get you home
  • Thank you received: 511
The orange guys need to be moved to Bermuda.
78 KZ1000 A2A

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 12 Jun 2012 11:51 #528498

• BlackZ1R
  • User
  • Kawasaki in my blood

bluej58 wrote: The orange guys need to be moved to Bermuda.

:blink: :whistle:
Kawasaki

Someone once told me to marry that motorcycle I was riding ......there's times I wish I hadda listened .

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 12 Jun 2012 12:22 #528506

• KZ_Rage
  • User
The map might be getting a big revision and this thing might be going in reverse, north to south instead. If that happens then Kevin will be meeting a Texan instead, if not we have a new volunteer in Alabama that I'm trying to get set up for Kevin to relay with, hang in there guys as Leg#1 has to make that decision as to the exact end of their route and the Canadians have to let me know if they want to run it down in reverse order to the rest of Leg#2. Leg#3 has to chime in as well as they will be running in reverse too! :blink:

My head hurts now... just kidding it's all good! :laugh:
1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)

Last edit: by KZ_Rage.

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 12 Jun 2012 12:31 #528510

• Street Fighter LTD
  • TURBO, Its Better to be Blown than Injected
  • Thank you received: 1973
Suggest maybe just a total reverse of leg 2 . To start with Bluej58 and end with BlackZ1R. Seems like we have lots of riders in Michigan and Ontario so we can with some planning move it pretty fast.

Just my 2cts

Will go with the flow...

Original owner 78 1000 LTD
Mr Turbo Race Kit, MTC 1075 Turbo pistons by PitStop Performance , Falicon Ultra Lite Super Crank, APE everything. Les Holt @ PDM's Billet Goodies . Frame by Chuck Kurzawa @ Logghe Chassis . Deep sump 5qt oil pan. RIP Bill Hahn

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 12 Jun 2012 12:44 #528515

• KZ_Rage
  • User
There are some logistic issues and I have them detailed over on the main relay thread right now. Bluej58 would not be in Leg##2 but in Leg#3 if we go in reverse. It would go from curt in Michigan to andy98gt in Foret Wayne, from there the route changes as Ohio rider dmiller21283 is going to have to get it to West Virginia rider Cobura, from there back to hypnohio, then to me and then to Indy, from that point on it goes pretty much in reverse. Our leg will work out pretty well as long as the changes in Ohio works for everyone involved. This solves out Pittsburgh to Canada issue too.
1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 12 Jun 2012 14:17 #528534

• hypnohio
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm flexible either way.
1982 KZ440 LTD
2003 EN500 C
2006 Virago 250

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 14 Jun 2012 11:52 #529083

• KZ_Rage
  • User
THIS IS IMPORTANT!

The current plan is a going to be little different as to where the transfer from Leg#1 to Leg#2 will occur.

Leg#2 is now going to run North to South now. We're getting the Canadians ready to receive it from either RITurbo or by mail. Running the route in reverse is going to save us from mailing it from Leg#1 to Leg#2 possibly and even if it has to be mailed to the Canadians we were looking at a problem of getting it from Pittsburgh to Canada without having to mail it if we stayed with the South to North plan. We could go from possibly mailing it twice to none by doing this reverse in direction.

Tek9ine or Jonny will be the probable meetup or mail point, Mark is tying that down right now. Leg#3 seems to be on-board with this change in direction too so we are all good to go!

I will be modifying the map with only those riders that are in for sure by the Friday night. IF any Leg#2 riders or fence setters need to join, drop or make any change at all then they should let me know now. A few of you have indicated that you would like to join this segment, please send me your info and I'll get you on the map as part of the Leg#2 route!
1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 14 Jun 2012 12:11 #529090

• koolaid_kid
  • User
  • Thank you received: 99
Just to clarify for my small portion:
I will meet andy9802gt and receive the flag.
I will meet up with les holt and we will meet ramtough63 to hand over the flag.
1983 GPz 750
810 Wiseco, Kerker, K&N, DynoJet S3, Accel, Progressive, etc.

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 14 Jun 2012 12:18 #529094

• KZ_Rage
  • User

koolaid_kid wrote: Just to clarify for my small portion:

Correct with one possible caveat. Andy is trying to sell his KZ, if he does I don't know if he has another he can ride to be part of this relay. If he is out then there is the possibility of it coming from Michigan to you. Just putting that out there so you can say how that would work for you. Don't know how far south the flag will be able to come to meet up with you.

Curt, we need to hear from you as to how far south you can bring the flag to meet with the Indiana rider(s).
1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 14 Jun 2012 12:30 #529095

• BlackZ1R
  • User
  • Kawasaki in my blood

KZ_Rage wrote: THIS IS IMPORTANT!

The current plan is a going to be little different as to where the transfer from Leg#1 to Leg#2 will occur.

Leg#2 is now going to run North to South now. We're getting the Canadians ready to receive it from either RITurbo or by mail. Running the route in reverse is going to save us from mailing it from Leg#1 to Leg#2 possibly and even if it has to be mailed to the Canadians we were looking at a problem of getting it from Pittsburgh to Canada without having to mail it if we stayed with the South to North plan. We could go from possibly mailing it twice to none by doing this reverse in direction.

Tek9ine or Jonny will be the probable meetup or mail point, Mark is tying that down right now. Leg#3 seems to be on-board with this change in direction too so we are all good to go!

I will be modifying the map with only those riders that are in for sure by the Friday night. IF any Leg#2 riders or fence setters need to join, drop or make any change at all then they should let me know now. A few of you have indicated that you would like to join this segment, please send me your info and I'll get you on the map as part of the Leg#2 route!

:pinch: that put a halt on a perfect trip I had planned up to the mountains.... B)
Kawasaki

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 14 Jun 2012 12:37 #529097

• koolaid_kid
  • User
  • Thank you received: 99

KZ_Rage wrote:

Correct with one possible caveat. Andy is trying to sell his KZ, if he does I don't know if he has another he can ride to be part of this relay. If he is out then there is the possibility of it coming from Michigan to you. Just putting that out there so you can say how that would work for you. Don't know how far south the flag will be able to come to meet up with you.

Curt, we need to hear from you as to how far south you can bring the flag to meet with the Indiana rider(s).

Fort Wayne is about halfway between Indy and Kalamazoo. A 2 hour ride each way if I slab it. Not really any interesting twisties between Indy and Fort Wayne, unfortunately.
1983 GPz 750
810 Wiseco, Kerker, K&N, DynoJet S3, Accel, Progressive, etc.

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 14 Jun 2012 15:08 #529108

• BlackZ1R
  • User
  • Kawasaki in my blood

koolaid_kid wrote:

KZ_Rage wrote:

Fort Wayne is about halfway between Indy and Kalamazoo. A 2 hour ride each way if I slab it. Not really any interesting twisties between Indy and Fort Wayne, unfortunately.

:( hate it for ya bro. Love me some twisty backroads...
Kawasaki

North American Relay Ride Leg #2 14 Jun 2012 16:18 #529116

• KZ_Rage
  • User

BlackZ1R wrote: :pinch: that put a halt on a perfect trip I had planned up to the mountains.... B)

Ummm... probably not.... any excuse to go to the mountains will do, right? Well you still need to go GET the flag! ;)
1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)