Which one's the scammer?

More
12 Jan 2012 21:54 - 12 Jan 2012 21:56 #497818 by steell
Which one's the scammer? was created by steell
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

Or

I was looking for a ZX11 C lower clamp and stem when I ran across those.

KD9JUR
Last edit: 12 Jan 2012 21:56 by steell.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jan 2012 23:39 #497847 by 79MKII
Replied by 79MKII on topic Which one's the scammer?
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationNo eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

steell wrote:

Or

I was looking for a ZX11 C lower clamp and stem when I ran across those.

Wow, something's definitely up with those auctions...........hard to tell which one is fake...might be both.

The Kaw List:
Current: 79 KZ1000 A3 MKII, 78 KZ1000 A2, 78 KZ1000 Z1-R, 78 KZ650 SR, 80 KE175
Former: 03 KLX400SR, 99 ZRX1000, 82 KZ750 LTD, 80 KZ1000 A4 MKII, 80 KZ1000 LTD, 78 KZ1000 A2, 74 H-2 750 Triple, 78 KL250

More
12 Jan 2012 23:50 #497851 by roy-b-boy-b
Replied by roy-b-boy-b on topic Which one's the scammer?
The seller on top regestered on 1/11/12. The one on bottom registered in 08.

1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

More
13 Jan 2012 00:59 #497859 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Which one's the scammer?
Judging by the current bid, I think most people have figured the first one is a scam.

More
13 Jan 2012 01:00 #497860 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Which one's the scammer?
The seller on top also has several pics of the bike, while the on bottom only has the one pic.

Top ad was also posted on eBay before the bottom one.

Wouldn't surprise me if they were both scams.

KD9JUR

More
13 Jan 2012 01:13 #497862 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Which one's the scammer?

loudhvx wrote: Judging by the current bid, I think most people have figured the first one is a scam.

Nah, that's the starting bid on both of them, zero bids so far.

From the lower ad

92 Kawasaki Ninja ZX11 C3. Completely restored, and customized for comfortable riding position. Handlebars, seat, foot pegs, shifter position changed to cruiser position. Custom fuel tank.

Now this is a ZX11 we're talking about, a comfortable bike stock.

Handle bars just have risers, many ZX11 do.
Seat is 100% stock, I have a spare if anyone wants to buy it.
Foot pegs and shifter position changed to cruiser position? What the heck does that mean? Forward controls? On a ZX11 with side fairings? anyone see them in the pics? And that's a stock tank, got one just like it waiting on paint.

The bike even has stock exhaust on it! And with stock exhaust you can only move the pegs down about an inch, and forward about an inch, and that's all she wrote.

His/Her user name should be Liar Liar :laugh:

KD9JUR

More
13 Jan 2012 09:51 #497899 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Which one's the scammer?
Maybe both; but for sure the second seller is pure BS. At least the first sell describes problems and shows pictures of collision damage (dented tank, busted mirror & fairing, no clutch lever/grip, etc.). The second seller states: "Completely restored, and customized for comfortable riding position. Handlebars, seat, foot pegs, shifter position changed to cruiser position" and doesn't show most of the pictures that reveal the damage. If that bike is "completely restored" I'd hate to see his idea of a wreck. :laugh:

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
13 Jan 2012 10:13 #497904 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic Which one's the scammer?
The first ad seems more legit. He has all the pictures and the VIN listed, plus his ad was posted first. However, I wouldn't be a bit surprised if the second add wasn't posted in the attempt to drive the price on the first. Think about it, the picture is obviously the same bike, so you post it one way with no BIN price and a real high reserve. Then you have a shill account and post the same bike for $6K BIN or make an offer. See if you can't sucker someone into thinking that the bike is worth that, and you can watch the bids on the original ad to see what kind of bids you actually get. Therefore, you determine the high value for the ebay market. It's confusing that the two different adds are on the far ends of the country. I would bet the first seller is a new account because he was booted from ebay for past nefarious activity. I wouldn't bid on either before I saw that bike first hand.

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN