Pickup Driver Tries to Kill Motorcyclist!

More
23 Dec 2011 14:06 - 23 Dec 2011 14:10 #494448 by loudhvx
Is there more than one incident?
This story has a different name of the pickup truck driver
www.maysville-online.com/news/local/arti...e5-6c2cf5c0ae63.html www.maysville-online.com/news/local/arti...e5-6c2cf5c0ae63.html

quote:

BROOKSVILLE | A man who was arrested following an internet video posting and complaint by two motorcycle riders, is scheduled to appear in Bracken County Circuit Court for sentencing next week.

Gary L. Hudson Jr., 22, of Pendleton County was indicted in June on two counts of first-degree wanton endangerment, one count of menacing and a count of reckless driving for the May 22 incident in Bracken County.

Hudson turned himself in to authorities on June 10, after a warrant was issued, police said.

On Nov. 18, Hudson entered a guilty plea in Bracken Circuit Court to an offer from the Commonwealth Attorney's Office of two years in jail on each of the wanton endangerment counts, 90 days in jail for menacing and a $100 fine for reckless driving. The sentences would run concurrent for a total of two years, court officials said.

He is scheduled for formal sentencing on Dec. 15.

Hudson asked Commonwealth's Attorney Kathryn Hendrickson for diversion, but she declined to make diversion part of the offer, she said.

According to officials, diversion has the potential of clearing a defendants record of the case after a certain amount of time of good behavior.

"There is also reservation of probation," Hendrickson said.

In the incident, caught on a camera mounted on one of two motorcycles, Hudson is seen driving a truck which enters Kentucky 22 ahead of the motorcyclists and drives in the same direction. As the lead cycle attempts to pass Hudson on the left, Hudson appeared to purposefully steer into the lane and nearly forced the motorcycle off the road. The motorcycle with the camera continued to follow until all three vehicle stopped at an intersection and a verbal altercation with threats ensued.

According to records, Hudson has been out of jail on bond since his arrest; the motorcyclist who was passing was cited with a traffic citation for crossing the center line in a no passing zone.

Read more: www.maysville-online.com/news/local/arti...3.html#ixzz1hNVs2xKo

Last edit: 23 Dec 2011 14:10 by loudhvx.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Dec 2011 14:19 #494449 by roy-b-boy-b
Must be a lot of idiots in that part of the state!

Thanks for the update/correction. Roy

1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

More
23 Dec 2011 15:15 - 23 Dec 2011 15:27 #494451 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic pacing video
Uh, I'm procrastinating from doing some plumbing work. Dreaded drain snaking. May have to ask Plummen for some advice on old cast iron pipes.

I find that "Jim Fischer ... " quote everywhere, but can't figure out where it came from. I feel sorry for anyone with that name who runs into some bikers... :dry:

I thought they were speeding more than they were, but here is a vid showing 45 to 65 MPH on the exact same road with similar pacing. The pacing starts at about 4:30.

ughh... can never remember how to embed Youtube.

Edit:
Last edit: 23 Dec 2011 15:27 by loudhvx.

More
23 Dec 2011 17:04 #494463 by 893cv
Replied by 893cv on topic just saw this on a Facebook post
Yes, this took place in northern KY. in the Cincinnati area. Yes, it is ok to pass a slow moving vehicle in a double yellow area. Yes, the driver was charged with two counts of first-degree wanton endangerment and more. Yes, and this is the good part, a video recording is admissible in a court of law.

I have used my digital camera for self defense for years. Broken drivers run for cover when you openly take a photo of them and their plate. I always try to get my photo's while stopped at a red light or stop sign. If the driver asks what I'm doing, I tell them evidence. They always seem to disappear. No one gets hurt, sometimes the driver counts to 1 ( I try to always get a photo of them counting, it makes them look so smart), and LEO's like photos.

1980 kz1000 LTD
1978 Z1R

More
23 Dec 2011 17:33 - 23 Dec 2011 17:37 #494466 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic just saw this on a Facebook post
According to the Kentucky Driver Manual, 2006 page 42, you cannot cross a solid yellow to pass. You can only pass with a broken yellow line on your side, and if it is clear. But of course, that book is not a law book, but it is the one given by the state to drivers. Maybe in other states or Canada, you can cross a double yellow?

The pdf link does not work for me, so I used a google copy of it, but you may have to sign in to see it. i don't know.
docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:sawQM...&srcid=ADGEESgQTxRAe

kentuckystatepolice.org/pdf/2006_ky_drivers_manual.pdf
Last edit: 23 Dec 2011 17:37 by loudhvx.

More
23 Dec 2011 18:56 #494476 by ramtough_63
Replied by ramtough_63 on topic just saw this on a Facebook post
i am not sure it is quote legal to ever cross a solid double line without a road crew or member of law enforcement directing you to laws are an interpitation just as going the posted speed limit in incliment weather can result in a recless driving ticket.

I have always heard that driving laws are superceeded by driving conditions and the interpitation of the safest act in a given situation. just as an officer can write you a ticket for nearly any perceived offense it is upto the court system to interpet your actions as illegal.

and common sense says you dont intentionally try and cause a motorcycle to wreck and possibly take a human life because they speed past your house dont put a baffle in ride wheelies past you on the expressway or rev there engines at midight while tuning their carburetor

It is dangerous enough riding in todays society of narcisitic what about me who cares it wasnt me individuals who pay no attention to anyone but the yellow light they speed through.

We have all twisted the throttle without being on a sanctioned track annoyed neighbors with our tuning at inapropriate hours and went a little too fast in a residetial neighborhood. But I dont think thats any reason for someone to intentionally try to kill us.

oh ok sorry, soapbox moment.

1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

• KZ_Rage
  • User
  • Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale
More
30 Dec 2011 14:48 - 30 Dec 2011 14:49 #495309 by KZ_Rage
Replied by KZ_Rage on topic just saw this on a Facebook post
Just saw this post and have to say I ride that road at least once a year with some friends. Let's just say it is a "spirited pace" but never more than even some of the locals will do in their cars. Do bikers speed there? Absolutely. All but the dumbest squids though respect the blind curves and ridges, most run it on Sunday but slow down for the churches. That road has a history of being what it is and the locals for the most part tend to be friendly as long as you are, passing on the double yellow is what a lot will do and just raise their hand to thank the driver and there's usually no problem. I don't pass on the doubles period, I'll pull off or wait, you can run that road and a few around it and get all of the adrenaline rush you need. Nothing kills a fun road faster than passing the locals on the double unless they wave you around.

They had a drunk in a car kill a kid getting off the bus there a few years back and for a while the county cops set up shop there to bring some common sense back to people. Seems it might be time for another lesson period so I'll watch it some next season when I ride there.

At the end when they are standing in front of that cemetery at Willow is where we usually reform the group and take a short break. You see a car about every 15 min or so.

1979 KZ1000E1 SOLD!
1984 KZ550F2 SOLD!
2006 ZG1000A6F (Totaled)
2001 ZRX1200R (Sold)
2001 Sprint 955i ST (daily rider)
Last edit: 30 Dec 2011 14:49 by KZ_Rage.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wireman

More
30 Dec 2011 16:33 #495317 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic just saw this on a Facebook post
It definitely looks like a nice road.

More
30 Dec 2011 20:51 - 16 Jun 2017 06:42 #495357 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic .

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.
Last edit: 16 Jun 2017 06:42 by Patton.

More
16 Jun 2017 03:14 #764499 by Davanzo82
Replied by Davanzo82 on topic Pickup Driver Tries to Kill Motorcyclist!
I know it’s quite an old thread by thought to give my views too. My cousin too justified his stupidity of doing drunk driving with such excuses. The worst was that he hired a top DUI lawyer and got all of his charges dismissed, so, in eye of law he did nothing wrong.