1st Gen ZX10 Cracked Frames

More
29 Nov 2011 19:32 #490694 by Zedone
1st Gen ZX10 Cracked Frames was created by Zedone
I came across this thread over at ZX10R.net. The guys with first gen ZX10's are finding cracks on their frames, all in the same area, top of the cradle just above the motor mount both sides (right by the gas tank). Kawasaki has been aware of this and kept quiet about it as there was no service bulletin issued to dealers (as far as I know) :huh: Kaw is trying to resolve the issue on a bike by bike case but apparently you have to be the original owner from new and have NO mods done to your bike what-so-ever. Well... this narrows it down to @ 10 bikes world-wide :lol: :lol: :lol:.

The 2nd, 3rd, 4th Gens motor mount locations have all been reinforced with gussets in this area and the problem has been resolved.

I really love the first gen ZX10's and may buy one later on toss-up between a ZX10 or a 91-92 ZX7RR. But anyway I'm pretty sure there's a few Z1 KZ members here that have ZX10's I thought I'd give a heads up this.

The thread on ZX10R.net is called "Hellsrazor Gen1 Cracked Frame" if you want more details.

Cheers, Doug

1977 KZ1000A1
1977 KZ1000A1 (Superbike Project)
1969 Chevrolet C/10 Short Fleet

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.