Bike to Borrow in the Portland, OR area?

More
28 Sep 2011 14:30 #480218 by Jonny
Hey All,

This is a bit of a long shot, but I though it might be worth the trouble of trying. I'm moving down to the Portland OR area in about a week to work for a few months. I've never spent any real amount of time in the US, and none at all on the American west coast.

Anyway, I am looking forward to it, and began to look into places where I might be able to rent a bike for a weekend before work gets into 16 hour days, and the opportunity is lost. There are a handful of places there I can rent a bike from, as long as they are okay with my Canadian (good for all of North America) license and insurance.

That being said, I thought I might as well ask here if someone has a runner they would be willing to loan out to a fellow KZer for a day or two. If I'm going to be spending money, I'd rather see it go to someone on here, where it might get put towards some old KZ rather than lining a dealers pockets. This is probably a long shot, but I'd rather ask first than just assume that nobody has a second bike somewhere out there, and might not mind taking a ride with a newcomer to the area.

Even if there is nobody out there with a bike, maybe someone will have a spare afternoon to go for a cruise around the area and show a newcomer some of the better sites, or blue roads? In any case, thanks to all in advance for taking the time to read. Hope to meet some fellow KZ'ers while in the area.

Cheers,

Jon

'78 KZ 650C2 'Lila'
'71 Norton Commando 750 'Eadie'

St. Catharines, ON (Mostly, anyway...)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.