FRICKING PEOPLE!!!

More
14 Sep 2011 23:33 #476908 by MNateo
FRICKING PEOPLE!!! was created by MNateo
Hey all,
I'm the owner of a 1977 KZ750. I parked my bike in front of a truck today. He was able to back out since no one was allowed to park behind him. I was a bit worried that he would knock my bike over, but I don't think he did since there were no scratches or dents. however, when I went out later to ride home, she was in a different position!? I'm not sure if someone just moved it so they could get in or out(which I wouldn't really mind). More importantly!

She isn't running right! I cranked her up and it was a sputtering instead of being smooth. I thought I might have beenout of gas, so I turned the reserve on. Still sputtering! I check the firing by running the bike and removing 1 plug wire at a time. The engine died when I removed either. i tried all levels of choke same thing. The gas tank was locked( I think!?)I don't have any clue what happened?! I think there might be some oil coming from my carb. WTF, it was running great this morning when I parked it!

Could it be that she was on her side for a long time and leaked oil into the carb or something!?
Maybe he adjusted my air/gas?

Ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2011 23:50 #476913 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic FRICKING PEOPLE!!!
Do a "Sniff Test" by opening up the oil filler cap and see if gas is mixed with the oil. If so,you'll need to drain the oil as it's been contaminated.

See if the oil drain bolt is loose too. It's possible to open up most Kawasaki tanks as they do not have a keyed tumbler like the seat and helmet locks do. Most thin keys will open up the tank. Try a thin key and see....

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
14 Sep 2011 23:56 #476916 by jonnybravo
Replied by jonnybravo on topic FRICKING PEOPLE!!!
probably a coincidence, yea the truck drive may have moved it but probably didnt have confidence in missing it, was it low on gas??, crap in the tank ??? different position could have moved crud into petcock area on re-position ??? just a wild ass guess, check the obvious, if u got fire and compression then its fuel delivery so figure out why and dont worry about the rest

More
15 Sep 2011 01:47 - 15 Sep 2011 01:49 #476956 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic FRICKING PEOPLE!!!

I think there might be some oil coming from my carb.

If you see "oil" coming out of the carbs, it's actually gas overflow which means the carbs are flooding and will run terrible. You need to clean/adjust the floats and needles. You also need to make sure you turn off the petcock when you park it, and maybe need a new petcock if that one doesn't turn off properly.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 15 Sep 2011 01:49 by bountyhunter.

More
15 Sep 2011 19:30 #477112 by Pontiacdude210
Replied by Pontiacdude210 on topic FRICKING PEOPLE!!!
My old Yamaha did that a few times. The floats were shot and sticking. I've seen disintegrating fuel lines do that, but gradually not all at once.

-1980 KZ550C Viper Red, Black Fenders