Z1 Enterprises

• king fish
  • Visitor
07 Sep 2011 22:33 #474998 by king fish
Replied by king fish on topic Z1 Enterprises
Me ? I'm a radiologist. I like to tinker in the garage on weekends. Have a liking for old Fords and motorcycles. So, do you sell parts or just service ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
07 Sep 2011 22:55 - 07 Sep 2011 23:03 #475004 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Z1 Enterprises
according to my web page i do both.i try and keep it as a hobby as much as possible,im a retired mechanical contractor and have no desire to go back to working 70 hrs a week to try and compete with anybody who is trying to keep their doors open.
i have spent many years amassing a pretty large collection of parts cars ranging from the early 1920s through the early mid-70s,im guessing i have access to approx 350-400 parts cars/trucks.
i also have access to a large collection of used motor cycle parts,and what i dont have i can often find pretty easily. B)

Attachment boys29.JPG not found

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.
Attachments:
Last edit: 07 Sep 2011 23:03 by wireman.

More
08 Sep 2011 02:03 #475050 by bloglos
Replied by bloglos on topic Z1 Enterprises

cdvanns wrote: I got my bike a couple yrs. ago after spending time with 4 of my friends wno ride Z1's and KZ's. When I asked them where to get parts Z1 was the response and from that point until now they've had my business.Last week I had an issue with a leaky adapter plate so I emailed them and Chris Baker got back in touch with me with some info. and how to contact the company because I needed Hylomar and a gasket and they aren't sold seperately from the part. So I emailed the company and got no response after 2-3 days. I emailed Chris back thanking him for the effort and great customer service and I will be danged if he didn't go 1 step further and call that company, get what I needed and have them mail it to as well!Now all I have to say is if your not doing some business with that Chris Baker down at Z1 Ent. your missing out on the best customer service around. ;)

I'm in the same boat. I need to pull my adapter plate off to clean the inside of the tank, but I'm not sure what to use as a hlomar substitute. I imagine you could use any gasket smothered with enough of a fuel safe hylomar substitute. Does permatex make an equivilent product? Anyone know?

78 KZ650 C2 - Runner
77 KZ650 B1 - Project

More
08 Sep 2011 08:39 #475077 by cdvanns
Replied by cdvanns on topic Z1 Enterprises
Before I was aware what I needed was on the way I went to Advance Auto they have a hylomar made by permatex called "universal blue racing formula" it will work fine with gas proof gasket material.

1978 KZ1000 A2

• king fish
  • Visitor
08 Sep 2011 22:33 - 09 Sep 2011 01:52 #475258 by king fish
Replied by king fish on topic Z1 Enterprises
jeff is very good at supplying what he does to the motorcycle market,i choose to supply a differant piece of the puzzle. B)[/quote]

Then disregarding your propoganda remark, which piece do you and your "staff" offer ?
Last edit: 09 Sep 2011 01:52 by king fish.

More
08 Sep 2011 22:39 #475260 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Z1 Enterprises
Recommended to all of my friends for years... every one is a happy customer.

• ready2ryde1985
  • User
  • got to love these kzs
More
09 Sep 2011 12:40 #475388 by ready2ryde1985
Replied by ready2ryde1985 on topic Z1 Enterprises
Have nothin but good things to say about Z1, thanks guys for keeping good parts for our old girls. A+

84 kz 700 a1
82 kz550 ltd