Two Z1 Classics for the price of one!

More
11 Jul 2011 10:45 #462228 by henrymski
Two Z1 Classics for the price of one! was created by henrymski
I picked up two Z1 Classics last week. One is in awesome shape. Runs great and looks great. I think it's basically unmodified. The only non-stock things that pop out to me are the seat's been recovered and I think the turn signal lenses are pattern, but not certain. Admittedly I don't know much about these bikes as they've not really been my cuppa tea, but these two looked pretty good and I can't say no to Z bikes. I know that the FI is a big weak point and that having the injectors separate from the TBs and in the head was a design flaw, but as noted these two bikes run great, and they came with a newly rebuilt brain as a spare.

The second bike is cosmetically rougher, has non-stock handlebars and a 4-1 exhaust. Runs great, looks not so great. Bikes have 17K and 22k miles, respectively.

Pardon the pic of the rattier bike. I'd already parked it up in the shed when I took the pic and didn't feel like backing it out for better ones. You'll see the only flaw in the good bike in the pics - a baseball sized dent in the tank. I'm going to leave it for now and will probably just swap the tanks over as the rattier bike actually has a nice tank that needs a little cleaning inside.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
11 Jul 2011 11:00 #462231 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic Two Z1 Classics for the price of one!
Nice score Henry! :woohoo:

You nailed two out of three on the info: Pics and details. But left out what you paid for them. :whistle:

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
11 Jul 2011 11:36 #462238 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic Two Z1 Classics for the price of one!
Yes, Price is always nice!
And stop teasing with the stock H1 500 in the background.
What other collectibles do you have?

Marty

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

More
11 Jul 2011 11:49 - 11 Jul 2011 11:50 #462243 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Two Z1 Classics for the price of one!
Lucky fellow... :)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Last edit: 11 Jul 2011 11:50 by Mcdroid.

More
11 Jul 2011 11:57 #462247 by henrymski
Replied by henrymski on topic Two Z1 Classics for the price of one!
Doh! $3K for the pair. Clean titles and all.

More
11 Jul 2011 12:05 #462249 by henrymski

z1kzonly wrote: Yes, Price is always nice!
And stop teasing with the stock H1 500 in the background.
What other collectibles do you have?

Marty

I was wondering if anyone would notice that! The H1 was a nice rolling restoration that I was riding until June when I did something super stupid and now it needs a ring job and hone.

I have a number of other collectibles. Here's a shot of the H1 in happier times (about a month ago!) next to my GPz750 turbo and my ZRX1200 turbo. The GPz has a Bandit 1200 arm, ohlins shock, and ZRX1100 front end on it. The ZRX has the turbo, and a 636 USD front end using Z1000 triple, but I'm going to ditch that as I don't like the handling and switch to some ZX11 forks with Ohlins internals and some brembo brakes.

More
11 Jul 2011 16:42 #462286 by Kraz1
Replied by Kraz1 on topic Two Z1 Classics for the price of one!
Cool, now you can send me the $40.00 dollar check you've owed me for over 2 years for picking up and delivering a bike to you. Last we chatted you were going to have your wife go back through the "CheckBook" to make sure you weren't over paying me. And I'm sure your wife hasn't come up with a Canceled check payable to "Woody".

More
12 Jul 2011 15:57 - 12 Jul 2011 17:48 #462482 by henrymski
Woody, if you have a problem with me you should try settling it through communication means other than this thread.
Last edit: 12 Jul 2011 17:48 by henrymski.

More
12 Jul 2011 16:34 #462485 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Two Z1 Classics for the price of one!
Great score! I would take the dented tank to a paintless dent repair shop. It doesn't look as if it has any sharp creases, so they may be able to push it back out using tools through the filler hole. Some of those folks do amazing work! Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
12 Jul 2011 16:54 #462487 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic Two Z1 Classics for the price of one!
Wow! That's a beautiful collection of bikes that you have there. Every one is on my want list.

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

More
14 Jul 2011 00:38 #462757 by Kraz1
Replied by Kraz1 on topic Two Z1 Classics for the price of one!

henrymski wrote: Woody, if you have a problem with me you should try settling it through communication means other than this thread.

You not paying is a problem? This is your reminder. You having the "Wife" check the "Checkbook" didn't solve the "Problem"... Which means YOU didn't reply when questioned about payment.. You should try paying your debts.

More
14 Jul 2011 12:42 - 14 Jul 2011 12:47 #462819 by henrymski

Kraz1 wrote:

henrymski wrote: Woody, if you have a problem with me you should try settling it through communication means other than this thread.

You not paying is a problem? This is your reminder. You having the "Wife" check the "Checkbook" didn't solve the "Problem"... Which means YOU didn't reply when questioned about payment.. You should try paying your debts.

This will be my last response to you in this thread. You can continue to post in here and look like a fool all you want, but I'll not respond to you again as this forum is not the place for this sort of thing. You have several ways to contact me, including using the PM system here or my phone number. Instead you choose to be a petulant child and ban me from your website and then go mouthing off in this thread.

Oh, and just to point out one example of many of how faulty your memory is: my wife does not run my check book so I would never have said to you that I have to have her check it.
Last edit: 14 Jul 2011 12:47 by henrymski.