Will This Work??

• stablechaser35
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
07 Jun 2011 23:51 - 07 Jun 2011 23:55 #456045 by stablechaser35
Will This Work?? was created by stablechaser35
shop.bevelheaven.com/detail.aspx?ID=206

I have a '78 KZ1000... not sure beyond that, I know it has more modern carbs and the electrical has been rigged and then rerigged due to the one-way clutch not being good anymore, I have to kickstart it currently... electric start is bypassed and a few other things are "not stock", shall we say... the front brake master cylinder is jacked beyond belief... any thoughts on whether or not this would work on my bike... I'm clueless and desperate at this point... sigh, lol

"Not as good as I once was, but as good once as I ever was"... yeah right... don't have the back for that, I was AMAZING when I was younger, now I'm just here...
Last edit: 07 Jun 2011 23:55 by stablechaser35.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2011 00:04 #456047 by elfmagic17
Replied by elfmagic17 on topic Will This Work??
It will work but if you have single caliper it is kinda overkill. Have you tried Z1enterprizes or Dennis Kirk? May be a little less pricey.

Kenny Hicks
74 Honda CB550
75 Honda CB360 (runs and rides good but not a show bike)
77 KZ650B1 (Runs Great, but needs painted and a little work.)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stablechaser35

• stablechaser35
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
08 Jun 2011 00:20 #456050 by stablechaser35
Replied by stablechaser35 on topic Will This Work??

elfmagic17 wrote: It will work but if you have single caliper it is kinda overkill. Have you tried Z1enterprizes or Dennis Kirk? May be a little less pricey.

Have had the bike about a week... slowly discovering everything it needs... this is just one of the more obvious things I've found so far... have been informed by my mechanic (the guy that does the serious stuff that I'm sure I would fubar) that the "one way clutch"?? is bad... I think I know what part of the engine it's in, but couldn't draw it to save my life, if that makes sense... I'm learning all over again after a 15+ year absense from riding... thanks for the help, will check those right now

"Not as good as I once was, but as good once as I ever was"... yeah right... don't have the back for that, I was AMAZING when I was younger, now I'm just here...

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
08 Jun 2011 04:40 #456082 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Will This Work??
stock master cylinder for 78 1000 with single disc on front is actually 13mm i do believe,12mm will take a little more pulling to get job done.
although im one of the few who actually has no problem with running the 13mm master cylinder with dual discs B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.