California state government is awful

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
02 May 2011 13:27 - 02 May 2011 13:28 #448269 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic California state government is awful
i have a few that are 10 or close and came with only a handshake...i think by the time i get to em they will be another 10...so i should be ok..:lol:

but the gpz5500 i bought ,that i was most proud of because it had a pink slip and we signed it,all pro style.......well i took that to the AAA service customer DMV short cut line ,thingy a m jig...at my AAA...

Amy was gonna hook me up and reg it since it will be her bike when done....so she talks him and shushs me.....the guy starts typing and printing and all i did was ask him a friggin question about how best to approach the deal...it was like 2-3 months shy of it's 10th or 11th yr starting since current......total fag too...well he staples a set of papers together and tells me it was like 65 bucks some shit,.....tells me it is now non op and that it will 650.00 when oi get it insured and running for a plate.....i got the papers and she got cold feet...:woohoo:

So.....now this little 100.00 deal on a ex-California superbike school GPZ550 is gonna be around 2000.00 when i turn a tire legal the first time......i love this hobby....oh and it is worth the extra $$$$ fees to not live anywhere else imo

oh well it is fun and it has some really cool history.....

think they sell low miles clean for 1500....:woohoo:

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Attachments:
Last edit: 02 May 2011 13:28 by trianglelaguna.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 May 2011 21:26 #448389 by mtbspeedfreak
Replied by mtbspeedfreak on topic California state government is awful
I've lived in CA for just over a year and still have PA plates, registration, insurance and driver's license. Why? As a 23 year old, single male, I am the most "at-risk" demographic possible (not counting crack whores). My parents live in PA and just forward me the DMV items when they arrive.

Out of everything wrong with this state, I cannot figure out why motorcyclists are allowed to split lanes but are required to wear helmets. I say let's weed out the herd.

Also, vehicles in this state do not need to be inspected- just smogged. I can't remember all the times I've been cruising along the interstates and see this junker in the late 80s Jap truck piled high of parts and it looks like the driver is junking the truck itself! Coming from PA, where EVERY vehicle needs to be inspected, it just seems unsafe- not to mention the amount of income this broke-a$$ state would generate. It's not like there's more vehicles in CA than any other state. In 2008, there were 7.5 MILLION vehicles registered in Los Angeles County alone. At a meager $30 inspection fee (wishful thinking- it'd probably closer to $100 in California), that's 225 MILLION dollars for this state.

2000 ZRX 1100
1976 KZ 900- Daily Driver
1980 LTD 550- Dalton Highway survivor!

If it has tits or tires, it'll give you problems!

More
02 May 2011 21:30 - 02 May 2011 21:32 #448390 by mtbspeedfreak
Also, keep in mind that if you purchase a vehicle out of state, then move to California, you need to pay the difference in sales tax for up to six months.

I moved out here in February from PA. I paid $2500 for a van in PA, that's $150 in PA State Sales Tax at 6%. If I would have switched the registration to CA once I moved here (like I legally should have), I would have had to cut the State of California a check for $75, since the state sales tax is about 9% out here (2500*6%=150, 2500*9%=225, 225-150=75). Doesn't matter if I purchased the vehicle 5 months before I moved here and had absolutely no idea I would be moving to CA. Greedy bastards.

2000 ZRX 1100

Last edit: 02 May 2011 21:32 by mtbspeedfreak.

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
02 May 2011 21:42 #448395 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic California state government is awful
stick the parts on a $200.00 650 frame from nebraska! :woohoo:

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

• wagonmaster69
  • User
  • 78 KZ1000A2 / 82 KZ1100 Spectre
More
02 May 2011 23:00 #448418 by wagonmaster69
Replied by wagonmaster69 on topic California state government is awful

mtbspeedfreak wrote: I've lived in CA for just over a year and still have PA plates, registration, insurance and driver's license. Why? As a 23 year old, single male, I am the most "at-risk" demographic possible (not counting crack whores). My parents live in PA and just forward me the DMV items when they arrive.

Out of everything wrong with this state, I cannot figure out why motorcyclists are allowed to split lanes but are required to wear helmets. I say let's weed out the herd.

Also, vehicles in this state do not need to be inspected- just smogged. I can't remember all the times I've been cruising along the interstates and see this junker in the late 80s Jap truck piled high of parts and it looks like the driver is junking the truck itself! Coming from PA, where EVERY vehicle needs to be inspected, it just seems unsafe- not to mention the amount of income this broke-a$$ state would generate. It's not like there's more vehicles in CA than any other state. In 2008, there were 7.5 MILLION vehicles registered in Los Angeles County alone. At a meager $30 inspection fee (wishful thinking- it'd probably closer to $100 in California), that's 225 MILLION dollars for this state.

Would your parents let me registered my bike through them :whistle:

78 KZ1000 work in progress in Hacienda Heights California and a 82 KZ1100 Spectra And a 1992 ZX11.

More
03 May 2011 02:10 #448483 by mtbspeedfreak

wagonmaster69 wrote:

mtbspeedfreak wrote: I've lived in CA for just over a year and still have PA plates, registration, insurance and driver's license. Why? As a 23 year old, single male, I am the most "at-risk" demographic possible (not counting crack whores). My parents live in PA and just forward me the DMV items when they arrive.

If you help them pay for their Alaska vacation this summer ;) Everything's in my name, its just that I don't really live in PA anymore. My $325 speeding ticket went directly to the highway maintenance fund :woohoo:

2000 ZRX 1100

• wagonmaster69
  • User
More
03 May 2011 18:49 #448612 by wagonmaster69

mtbspeedfreak wrote:

wagonmaster69 wrote:

If you help them pay for their Alaska vacation this summer ;) Everything's in my name, its just that I don't really live in PA anymore. My $325 speeding ticket went directly to the highway maintenance fund :woohoo:

O Well it dosnt hurt to ask.
What part of Cali are you in?

78 KZ1000 work in progress in Hacienda Heights California and a 82 KZ1100 Spectra And a 1992 ZX11.

More
04 May 2011 03:54 #448746 by mtbspeedfreak

wagonmaster69 wrote:

mtbspeedfreak wrote:

wagonmaster69 wrote:

O Well it dosnt hurt to ask.
What part of Cali are you in?

Redlands, you? You going on the ride on the 21st? kzrider.com/forum/13-bike-related/442697...emembering-sandracer

2000 ZRX 1100

More
04 May 2011 14:36 #448835 by djturnz
Replied by djturnz on topic California state government is awful
There was some talk of this on chopcult.com forums. Someone suggested a specific person at a specific titling agency. They managed to get $500 in back registrations down to $150 or something. I forget the specifics, so go do a search.

1982 KZ750 (4) LTD

• wagonmaster69
  • User
More
04 May 2011 14:49 #448841 by wagonmaster69
mtbsspeedfreak yea I'm going try to make it.
And I love in the Hacienda Heights area thats off the 60 fwy just east of the 605 fwy..