Not used to this...but sure proud of her!

More
10 Apr 2011 11:25 #443772 by apbling
So, was working on a friends 2000 Yamaha V star 650. Carbs needing cleaning. I did that for him and he gave me a hand doing my start of the riding season carb clean on my 80 750-4 LTD. I then followed him home on my bike to make sure he made it. On the way there I could smell gas and was getting pissed, figuring my bike had a leak. We get to his place and his bike is just pissing gas. Apparently a piece of junk is stuck in the needle and seat again. But my 31 year old bike stood there proud as we tried to figure out where his leak was from. I'm not used to my bike behaving and someone else having the problem. hehe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2011 11:28 - 13 Feb 2013 11:24 #443773 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic -
Last edit: 13 Feb 2013 11:24 by martin_csr.

More
10 Apr 2011 11:37 #443776 by apbling
Replied by apbling on topic Not used to this...but sure proud of her!
Yeah, its sweet. Never did a Vtwin before... it was kinda weird. It has an inline fuel filter stock, it was clean but we cleaned it out again. We left the fuel lines, but cleaned them. Tank was drained and cleaned, but could have been cleaned better (we added seafoam too).

It had two carbs, one was bone dry spotless because the needle was stuck to the seat so no gas could get in. The other looked like it had lemon jello in it. This seems to happen to me alot... I think it is spotless, run for a bit then one little POS makes me take it all apart again.