recent smithsonian magazine motorcycle article...

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
09 Apr 2011 09:33 #443580 by trianglelaguna
here are a few links to some cool old days reading...we get the magazine and imagine my suprise when i am reading before bed time and there is bikes racing in L.A on board tracks many years ago,right in my smithsonian....great article.......my Dad took me walking in a cow field once with a metal detector ...i was about 5 yrs old...we walked that field for an hour as he told me about the method of construction and types of vehicles that had ran on the board track that had been there manymany years ago...now it was just a silent cow field,......he knew all about the 100 mph bikes and 2x4 edge laid construction....

www.smithsonianmag.com/arts-culture/The-...torcycle-Racing.html

pastexhibitions.guggenheim.org/motorcycle/index.html

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Apr 2011 10:15 #443603 by Mcdroid
Nice read...I also subscribed to the Smithsonian mag until several years ago (alas, money issues) and I really like the mag. The American Museum of Natural History also published a magazine that is as good as the Smithsonian.

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
09 Apr 2011 10:29 #443607 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic recent smithsonian magazine motorcycle article...
i know....we debate about the value of all these magazines too...not that it is soooo much ,but still some have noting of interest really and just get flipped through....i do find that i make myself read up on stuff that normally i would not seek out...just cause i paid to have it sent here....

archeology today ...or something like that was one i let go and miss...mayan stuff ect...the local library has most of that stuff for free...i used to take for or five back issues out on my card and keep em a few weeks....

i have let a few of my subscriptions run out lately...

i get road rider and it for me is a 3 minute read....

cycle news online is killer.....here is a link to the latest issue

cyclenews.coverleaf.com/cyclenews/20110405#pg1

...i will pay for the next year ,if for nothing else to support the effort....read the letters and responses regarding the closing shop,and the save effort on page 13

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife