An all original 78KZ1000 ltd

More
15 Feb 2011 18:01 #430942 by Mykuh
An all original 78KZ1000 ltd was created by Mykuh
Well I just had to post this. I work on a Land Surveying crew and get to work all over the Eastern parts of Virginia and North Carolina.Well we are in Raleigh and I spot this LTD KZ1000 and have to stop and take a look.Its burgandy,mag wheels,dual exhaust,original air box,113k miles and the owner bought this thing brand new and he is in his 70's now.He parked it for 10 years and now is getting it back on the road (doesnt want to sell it*dangit*).And on a side note,I recently found 4 kz1000s and a Zuki gs750 that are all just sitting under a open ended shed that the owner will not part with because he going to fix them up one day.Yet,there they sit in the open elements going to crap.But at least its good to know they are still out there and some get lucky enough to grab one up and give it a good home.

Peace out.

1978 KZ1000A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• lemo32
  • User
  • The Price of Cool aint cheap
More
15 Feb 2011 19:05 #430971 by lemo32
Replied by lemo32 on topic An all original 78KZ1000 ltd
Man I hate those kinda people, a guy that lives by me has a virtual kawa musuem, all rusting to sh#t would't part with nothin' going to fix it all back up, but I guess it's his stuff, it always seems the ones who hoard are always going to fix stuff up. I drive by there everyday and it's always just sitting there :huh:

1979 kz 1000 06 katana 750

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
More
15 Feb 2011 19:18 #430972 by z1kzonly
Replied by z1kzonly on topic An all original 78KZ1000 ltd
Does Money Talk??
Maybe all of Us types are watching them picker and hoarder shows on cable TV.
Sometimes I would like to sell every Kawi, nut bolt and bike, all the parts.
But in reality, no one wants to spend any money!!!

Marty

Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

More
16 Feb 2011 04:53 #431013 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic An all original 78KZ1000 ltd
i was diving into dumpsters and ditches long before those 2 ever thought of having a show.(frank is the cool one by the way! :laugh: )
of course when i first started beating the back roads and ditches of louisville as a kid it was for economic reasons i didnt have any money to buy new/reproduction model A and T stuff and besides it was fun! :woohoo:
and now that i have money to spend i still do it just because its so much fun! :woohoo:
anyway i think between all the cornball tv shows and the idiots on ebay paying $100 for $10 parts everybody thinks everything is worth its weight in gold,and yes there are still lots of complete bikes and basket cases out there to be had you just need to spend the time to look. B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.