Great news!!! Cycle News is back...online weekly!

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
12 Feb 2011 09:38 - 12 Feb 2011 09:40 #430194 by trianglelaguna
So one of the biggest drags of last year was seeing Cycle news go belly up...i had re-upped at Laguna Seca last year at their booth..even got some killer FIM and Isle of Mann dvd's for paying my subscription there.....alll was well...weekly mags rolling in and killer coverage of things two wheels....then started wondering later in the year why my magazine was not coming every week...many phone calls found the answering machine but no people to ask...went online one night and there it was...closed the shop after years of loyal readers...

well yesterday i got this in the e-mail.....

outstanding....wish i had a magazine to hold and look at ...but this is better than nothing and a move in the right direction for sure...letter follows

Cycle News

Dear Cycle News Insiders:

As most of you probably know by now, Motorsport Aftermarket Group (MAG) purchased the Cycle News brand in November 2010 and I was rehired as editor. Since that time my team has been working diligently on cyclenews.com while also working toward producing a weekly digital version of Cycle News. And now we are set to unveil a better, more dynamic and timely Cycle News to our valued readers.

We want to thank our past, present and future readers of Cycle News and to show our appreciation we would like to offer prior subscribers the first 25 issues (6 months) of the new digital publication at no charge.

Q: What do you need to do from here?
A: Nothing! You're all set to go. You'll start receiving emails once a week notifying you that the latest issue is available.

Q: When will I see the first issue?
A: Our first digital issue will be available on February 15, so keep an eye out for your notification email. In the meantime, you can check out a sample issue here.
Cycle News

We know you will like what the new Cycle News has to offer. In addition to more interviews, bike tests, features and race coverage, the digital addition also offers bonuses such as photography slide shows and videos. Each issue will also have full search capabilities; readers will be able to share stories via social media; issues can be downloaded and read off-line on computers, iPads, etc.; stories can be printed; and subscribers will have full access to past issues. And you will have all of that on Tuesday - no matter where you live.

We appreciate your loyalty to Cycle News and we're certain you will enjoy the new digital Cycle News.

Sincerely,

Paul Carruthers
Editor

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife
Last edit: 12 Feb 2011 09:40 by trianglelaguna.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trianglelaguna
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
12 Feb 2011 09:45 #430195 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Great news!!! Cycle News is back...online weekly!
if you dont know about Cycle News ..check em out....new stuff about bikes,racing,industry news,new products,and it is new every week.....

here is a their sample issue.....

link

cyclenews.coverleaf.com/cyclenews/20110122#pg1

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.