Opposed Cylinder/Opposed Cylinder Engine - amazing

More
11 Feb 2011 14:45 #430026 by PLUMMEN
well duh,ya already knew that part!
i just didnt want to type all of it! :woohoo:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• larrycavan
  • Visitor
11 Feb 2011 14:46 #430027 by larrycavan
TeK9iNe wrote:

Nice video.

I love how when you look in forums that people are already taking sides. Claiming "it will be the greatest engine invention in decades".

...or "its going to fail miserably because of..."

:laugh: When I actually get my hands on one to feel it, then I believe!

I gotta say though, it does look a hell bit more complicated than just "popping the jug off and throwing in a piston kit to get back on the track" style two-stroke - for sure.

Touring/street bike maybe, but not enduro/dirt/track I would guess.

Cool.

B)

The greatest engine ever produced is the ordinary ant. Made by God. No warranty implied or expressed ;)

More
11 Feb 2011 15:26 #430036 by 650ed
It's kind of an improved version of a fairly old concept that was used in aircraft, ships, subs, and locomotives in the past. I like it. Here's some more info:

Opposed Piston Engine

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
11 Feb 2011 15:44 #430039 by blipco
Well at least you won't need a kickstand. Just lean the bike over on the cylinder. Prolly not so good in the corners either. Look like an airplane coming down the street. OK, that's all I got.:laugh:

"Swim against the current, even a dead fish can go with the flow"-somebody (I forget Who)

More
11 Feb 2011 15:46 #430040 by PLUMMEN
blipco wrote:

Well at least you won't need a kickstand. Just lean the bike over on the cylinder. Prolly not so good in the corners either. Look like an airplane coming down the street. OK, that's all I got.:laugh:

:woohoo:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• Jeff.Saunders
  • Topic Author
  • Vendor
More
11 Feb 2011 16:46 - 11 Feb 2011 16:46 #430062 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic Opposed Cylinder/Opposed Cylinder Engine - amazing
I've seen some similar concepts before, but listening to the explanations helped convince me there is a strong potential this will happen.

Now imaging this done as a radial engine with 6 or 8 or 10 cylinders...

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,
Last edit: 11 Feb 2011 16:46 by Jeff.Saunders.

• gearheadmm
  • User
  • MUCH MORE BOOST..........I mean BRAVO
More
11 Feb 2011 17:21 #430070 by gearheadmm
Why redesign the wheel, interesting though, when you can redesign the FUEL? www.hhoforums.com/ IT WORKS! Electricly assisted TURBO?....MMM

General Joeseph Dunford FOR PRESIDENT!!!
69.46.28.106/forum/11-projects/413221-80-kz-1000-st-recycled

• gearheadmm
  • User
More
11 Feb 2011 17:48 #430077 by gearheadmm
PLUMMEN wrote:

thank god for dr bj! :laugh:
you guys can keep your high tech/new tech,when the shit hits the fan and it will me and my 1929 ford sport coupe with 4 cyl flat head with no lec-tronics will be roaming the streets along with the cock roaches listening to my hand cranked 8-track player listening to reruns of the rush limbaugh show! :woohoo:

All true! Except the part about that fat stupid lame A55 Rush! Plummie PLEASE give a listen to Alex Jones, you drop Rush like a hot exaust collet, on a hand cranked SHORTWAVE. www.gcnlive.com/programs/alexJones/archives.php GET SOME....TRUTH

• jjdwoodman
  • User
  • Live free, or die.
More
14 Feb 2011 21:06 #430764 by jjdwoodman
Not nearly as far along in development, but I think this one could be easily modified for ultra high compression hydrogen.
[youtube]
[/youtube]

77 650b
81 550 Mostly there
83 ZN1300 Voyager

More
14 Feb 2011 21:29 #430767 by Galactica
trianglelaguna wrote:

Mcdroid wrote:

That was interesting. Thanks for the post, Jeff.

x2

wonder who bought up the rights on that and ripped up the plans by now......

there is no question that engines can be made in many new forms and great jumps forward are then available to the common man......

this engine will never see the light of day.....

Craig, your are sooo cynical.

77KZ1000
76 KZ900

• gearheadmm
  • User
More
15 Feb 2011 17:52 #430939 by gearheadmm
Winged rotory engine is a neat idea, alot of power verses weight/size. Apex seals don't look to be a problem like a Wankel. Air used to "cool"? backside of wing compressed/heated and introduced into combustion chamber, like Smokeys hot vapor engine. Combustion chamber dosen't look too suseptable to detonation, but looks can be deceiving. A running prototype would answer alot of questions. Cooling and lubrication could be a problem. The HHO system splits WATER into Hydrogen/Hydrogen/Oxygen ON DEMAND, only make it when you need it. Uses less electricity than "they" would have you beleive. NO storage of gas on vehicle. VERY SIMPLE!

• jjdwoodman
  • User
  • Live free, or die.
More
15 Feb 2011 19:21 #430974 by jjdwoodman
Brown's gas generators even with frequency modifiers have not been able to produce enough fuel to make a water powered vehicle, but I have seen the generators added to injection systems. Haven't seen evidence of those even helping with fuel mileage.

Two theories on why. One is that the HHO super oxygenates the exhaust, tricking the computer into thinking the engine is running lean, thus adding more fuel. Second is that the HHO generator is only producing enough fuel to run a pencil torch, so the thermal energy supplemented is negligible.

I do plan on building a large one for my powerstroke to investigate for myself, because the concept is intruiging if you can get it to work. I've had all the stuff for over a year, but haven't ever gotten around to building it. If I do get it done I'll post up here on the results.

77 650b
81 550 Mostly there
83 ZN1300 Voyager