Out with the old...

More
03 Apr 2010 09:05 #358149 by anarki650
Out with the old... was created by anarki650
My wife made me an offer I couldn't refuse earlier this week. Seems she was tired of me spending as much time wrenching as I do riding, plus stinking like gas and being covered in grease all the time. So she offered to work out the finances so I could buy brand new if I was willing to get rid of the never ending projects....sooooooo

Traded in my 77b1 on an 09 Kawasaki ER6n. I was not planning on using the bike as a trade in, was going to hold out to sell it privately and make more coin off it. But when talking with the salesman and finance manager at Dillon Bros (awesome dealership btw) I was offered $1100 trade in value on the bike, which in this market would have been tough to pull on an outright sale (at least around these parts). So the KZs are gone (for now...got a sneaky hunch that one will find it's way home sometime down the road) and parked in my now very spacious feeling garage is...

Just brought it home last night and am about half way through the break in period. She's an absolute riot to ride (even with keeping it under 4K on an 11K redline). Riding posture is a perfect balance of upright comfort and forward sporty. The central mass is all slung so low that she flicks everywhere you want her to effortlessly. It took me a bit to get used to the front end, rather a big change from looking at the classic 7" round headlight, but it's grown on me. Can't say enough good about the ridability of this bike for anyone considering a low budget new all purpose bike.

09 Kawasaki ER6n
77 kz650b1 cafe rebirth project
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube, that's why God made fast motorcycles..."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Omaha NE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MentalMike
  • User
  • God Bless America!
More
03 Apr 2010 09:49 #358151 by MentalMike
Replied by MentalMike on topic Out with the old...
Lucky you, I'm holding out for a Blue 2010 Concours 14 with ABS myself, so until then....the boys are staying in the garage. B)

Cool wife by the way! :)

I swear to God, it's like I live in a trailer of common sense, and stare out the window at a tornado of stupidity.

1976 Kawasaki KZ900
1978 Kawasaki KZ1000A
1978 Kawasaki KZ650 C
1984 Kawasaki ZN1100 LTD
1985 Kawasaki ZX900A2 GPZ (2)
1985 Kawasaki ZL900 Eliminator
2013 Kawasaki C14 Concours

More
03 Apr 2010 09:54 #358152 by anarki650
Replied by anarki650 on topic Out with the old...
Those Concours are nice bikes!!! A little big for what I want right now though (and a bit more expensive than my very generous wife wanted me to spend) I sat on just about everything under $10,000 offered from Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, and Kaw yesterday before deciding on the ER6. I'm really not a cruiser guy, so that left out 60% of the offerings, and know better than to put myself on a full blown sport bike, so that helped me narrow the field significantly. The final decision came down between the Suzuki V-Strom (which was a little too tall for my stumpy ass legs), the Suzuki SFV650 (which has an ugly exhaust) and the ER6, which once I got used to the look of the front end I love everything about.

09 Kawasaki ER6n
"Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube, that's why God made fast motorcycles..."
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Omaha NE

More
03 Apr 2010 10:34 #358164 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic Out with the old...
Damn them women folk.... :laugh:

When I picked up the KZ1000, wife said no not again.... I quickly replied no honey, this one is going to stay stock, put a back rest and travel bags on her with a nice soft seat for us to cruise on....

Not sure she bought it though.... :whistle:

Then she replied well she'd rather have a Goldwing of sorts....

Hmmm, ok then let's see... Find a true cruiser and keep the KZ1000 (performance 1075 build) for me.... Now we're talking..... :evil:

Thanks God they have boobs... Oh yeah and a job! :woohoo:

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
03 Apr 2010 10:48 #358168 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic Out with the old...
Just because you sold your KZ dosent mean you can't come back. B) Keep us posted with ride reports and such, or any mechanical issues, ease of tuneup etc.

Our women must love us ;) because we all have grease under our nails from time to time. What are you going to do with your extra time saved from not wrenching, look for another 650? :)

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

More
03 Apr 2010 11:11 #358173 by anarki650
Replied by anarki650 on topic Out with the old...
I'll likely do two things with all that time saved from wrenching, more saddle time and more time behind the easel!!! I've struggled to find time to paint since the kiddos were born, and especially this year being my first year teaching...In the last three years I've only been able to turn out 2 paintings...hoping that productivity goes up now without turning wrenches so much.

09 Kawasaki ER6n
Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
Omaha NE

More
03 Apr 2010 11:21 #358174 by dejavoodo41
Replied by dejavoodo41 on topic Out with the old...
Nice bike I've always liked those and was considering one or the Ninja 650R. When my G/F complained about me wrenching and spending money on my bike I simply reminded her that I don't smoke,drink or do drugs so other than my coffee my bike is my only vice. Keep us posted on how things go with the new bike.

1977 KZ1000A With 1980 KZ1000A MKII engine, Wiseco 1105 kit, Dyna S Ignition, 3 Ohm Dyna Coils, Cams, Mikuni RS34 Carbs, Vance and Hines Pro Pipe with Comp Baffle

New Smyrna Beach, FL