Ebay fees

More
16 Feb 2010 13:36 #348647 by limitfish
Ebay fees was created by limitfish
Does anyone else believe that the Ebay fees for selling a bike are a little out of hand? I haven't sold a bike on there in awhile until the other day and hadn't noticed that the final fee had jumped to $100. Thats a little out of hand in my opinion. The bike I sold was for $1200 and they took a $100 that is a pretty good chunk. I also just picked up a 75 KZ400 for a couple of hundred and was going to put another hundred or 2 in it and sell it for around $600 but if ebay takes $100 it just isn't worth it. I guess the days of pickng up or selling a cheap bike on ebay are over. Sorry about the rant but I had to get it off my chest!Are there any other sights that you guys have had luck with selling less expensive bikes? Thanks, Tom.:S

1985 ZX 750 Turbo ( just damn fun to ride )
1978 KZ650 C2 (mild restore for now, work ride)
1973 H1 (some day this will be a nice bike)
1977 KE 250 ( resto project, someday
2014 HD streetglide (on order)
Located on the banks of the muddy Mississippi, LeClaire,IA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Feb 2010 13:50 - 16 Feb 2010 15:51 #348649 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic Ebay fees
Overall I think ebay has been overpricing it's service for a while. We quit selling much on ebay as it's just too darned expensive. It's not just the listing fees and final sale fees, but also when you factor in paypal (which is more expensive for us than credit cards) it is very expensive on smaller items too.

Worse, the number of dubious bidders and sellers has increased dramatically. It's become a crapshoot buying and selling on ebay. Ebay does nothing serious to screen all the deadbeats, and as a seller, you can't even ding a non-paying bidder anymore - what a joke.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,
Last edit: 16 Feb 2010 15:51 by Jeff.Saunders.

• DoubleDub
  • Visitor
16 Feb 2010 14:44 #348654 by DoubleDub
Replied by DoubleDub on topic Ebay fees
I haven't purchased or sold anything on Ebay in over 4 years. I do find myself drooling over parts once in a while and then remember - it's Ebay - I'll find them somewhere else. Sad, too, as I have no problems using old parts in good condition or refurbishing something if I'm capable.

More
16 Feb 2010 15:43 #348667 by limitfish
Replied by limitfish on topic Ebay fees
Thanks for the replys guys. I really haven't had to bad of luck as a buyer on ebay. I still buy quite a few parts off there just because it is easy and you can find what your looking for most of the time. I started to restore old Kawis around 2000 to 2001 and ebay was a big part of that.
I can see in your case Jeff where you sell alot of parts the fees would be killer. I will continue to use ebay but will probably try and sell whole bikes on a different site and if that fails take it in the shorts from evil-bay.:S

1985 ZX 750 Turbo ( just damn fun to ride )
1978 KZ650 C2 (mild restore for now, work ride)
1973 H1 (some day this will be a nice bike)
1977 KE 250 ( resto project, someday
2014 HD streetglide (on order)
Located on the banks of the muddy Mississippi, LeClaire,IA

More
16 Feb 2010 15:56 #348676 by roy-b-boy-b
Replied by roy-b-boy-b on topic Ebay fees
I use to sell on ebay a lot. Probably parted 20 bikes out. I liked working for myself.

When the new head man took over that was the start of the end for me.

Seems like they are putting the screws to the people that made the company what it is.

I buy a few parts and i sell some things that i would have a hard time moving here. Roy

1979 LTD Street Fighter.1977 KZ1000

More
16 Feb 2010 16:38 #348684 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic Ebay fees
There is a new site, upillar.com/ but they don't seem to have any vehicle related stuff. The site seems to aim as a cross between eBay and Craigslist.

It's going to take a long time for people to migrate off eBay, though.

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )

More
16 Feb 2010 16:56 #348686 by savedrider
Replied by savedrider on topic Ebay fees
Craigslist would be next best for local exposure and to avoid to HIGH eBay fees.

Get right or get left! <*{{{><