Sigh... I have to sell my 73 Z-1, whats it worth?

More
24 Jan 2010 14:43 #344343 by richellist1
Unfortunately the economic downturn may force me to sell my 10/72 Z-1. However I dont know what its worth in present condition. can you guys help me determine a reasonable price that would let me feel like i'm not letting it go too cheap? Build date is 10/72, ser# Z1f000884, engine number is Z1E00983. have clear title and have DMV reciept for non op. Bike ran great when i parked it in 2003. its complete and in decent shape. heres what i know is wrong with it. Carbs will need to be gone through, hard to turn throttle so slides are gummed up. put stablizer in tank but tank will need to be flush. i dont see any rust in tank. bike has never been down in time i've owned it (24 years). no dents in tank. small wrinkle in front fender. fork seals were starting to leak when parked it. rear fender needs rechrome. original except for paint, bars, turn signals and pipe. 31k miles. will post more pics when i can find my camera, lol. Bike is located in merced area of CA. thanks for your help. really bums me out.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jan 2010 14:51 #344345 by Mcdroid
Probably more than you think...don't sell cheap and don't accept any lowball offers...you have an early edition Z1 (bikes w/VIN's less than 2200 tend to be worth considerably more than later VIN #'s).

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
24 Jan 2010 15:50 #344360 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic Sigh... I have to sell my 73 Z-1, whats it worth?
With a little clean up (polish), get them carbs worked on and get this old girl running (nothing special but clean runner) and you'll easily get $4K plus...

As can be reviewed in the link, these are 1976 KZ900 mind you, Z1's go for more especially '73.... :woohoo:

www.redlinecycle.com/Bikes.htm

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

More
24 Jan 2010 16:06 #344362 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic Sigh... I have to sell my 73 Z-1, whats it worth?
It's difficult to value from a single picture, but I think if you put it on ebay asis, you'd get at least $3k-$5k - possibly $5k-$6k depending on some of the fine details.

The bike is missing a few parts - grab rail, center stand, the turn signals are wrong - but it's a good basis for a restoration.

Do you have any of the parts taken off the bike - that would help the value? Plus if it has things like the chain oiler tank, the tail tray, decent gauges - they all help with the value.

The tank appears to be correct for a 73 - that's a small emblem tank - only found on the Z1's.

A lot of the parts on these bikes are date coded - and if those parts are still in good restorable condition it helps considerably (rims, disc rotor, handlebar switchblocks, rear shocks and more.)

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

More
24 Jan 2010 16:41 - 24 Jan 2010 16:46 #344372 by richellist1
Replied by richellist1 on topic Sigh... I have to sell my 73 Z-1, whats it worth?
Hey, thanks for the feedback so far. has stock center stand, original tool kit with pouch, tail tray is present with wiring diagram (has a couple of wrinkles)instruments are in good shape. i think i have the booklet that went in tail tray but am sure its damaged, rear shocks are original as far as i know. stock bars are long gone along with the chain oiler tank. i found one of the turn signals, could have sworn i had all 4, will keep looking. the handlebar controls on left side are in good shape. right side not so good as kill switch is missing. have original shop manual which is in fair condition. tank emblems are in great shape but bike never had side panel emblems. ignition cover scratched but may be buffable. took some more pictures. will post. thanks. as far s i know all the other mentioned parts, rotors , etc.. are original.:(
Last edit: 24 Jan 2010 16:46 by richellist1.

More
24 Jan 2010 17:10 - 24 Jan 2010 17:12 #344382 by richellist1
Replied by richellist1 on topic Sigh... I have to sell my 73 Z-1, whats it worth?
took more pics. pixels to big to post. will take more 2 morrow
Attachments:
Last edit: 24 Jan 2010 17:12 by richellist1.