Japan D and C block drag race videos

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
29 Oct 2009 17:45 #330381 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Japan D and C block drag race videos
you guys are way skilled to be speaking both imho...as much razzing as us U.S folks give our japapese brothers about our difference in culture and fads and such ,i would still be first in line to be able to speak and understand japanese,a lot of tech and motorsport stuff would be funner for me if i could.thanks for sharing the clips....do you have any more stuff....or local riding spot shots ect..town photos...bike shop photos...ect...thanks again..peace craig

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cobura
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • forever 2 wheels
More
29 Oct 2009 19:07 #330399 by cobura
Replied by cobura on topic Japan D and C block drag race videos
i live in shiga-ken. Not a whole lot to do around here, its quite countryside, but is is fairly close to Suzuka. My friend just finished building a full race bike, we're going to the track this weekend to test it out. Its an Enfeild full custom 500cc single, vintage style racer. Its actually scary fast.

In reply to trianglelaguna, theres not much to show around here. Maybe i will post some pics from Suzuka next time I go. Here's another video i found of a bike that i really want. It has great shots of japan, looks a lot like where i live, and damn that bike's nice!

1979 KZ650B3

• tybolt99
  • User
  • From where KZs came
More
29 Oct 2009 19:59 #330421 by tybolt99
Replied by tybolt99 on topic Japan D and C block drag race videos
Craig,
How about this one?

82 KZ750 H3
76 KZ900 A4
74 Z1A
73 Z1 (on the shelf)
84 ZN1300
Franklinton, NC

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
30 Oct 2009 05:54 #330459 by trianglelaguna
very nice cb the shots at around 2 minutes look a lot like the valleys and hills around my parts.....wow...that is a lot of white -street- painted information to take in at the intersections ....thanks..like taking a first ride in japan....coolcobura wrote:

i live in shiga-ken. Not a whole lot to do around here, its quite countryside, but is is fairly close to Suzuka. My friend just finished building a full race bike, we're going to the track this weekend to test it out. Its an Enfeild full custom 500cc single, vintage style racer. Its actually scary fast.

In reply to trianglelaguna, theres not much to show around here. Maybe i will post some pics from Suzuka next time I go. Here's another video i found of a bike that i really want. It has great shots of japan, looks a lot like where i live, and damn that bike's nice!

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
30 Oct 2009 06:37 #330463 by trianglelaguna
pictures of suzuka would be very very nice,do you guys get over for the big bike races there---8 hr-ect....
i clicked the subscribe window on you tube for this guys clips and got this and others in my yahoo mail this morning.....

(youtube)

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
30 Oct 2009 13:18 #330515 by WPBill
Replied by WPBill on topic Japan D and C block drag race videos
cobura wrote:

i live in shiga-ken. Not a whole lot to do around here, its quite countryside, but is is fairly close to Suzuka.

Well, that's where the good riding is. The countryside, I mean. While I really loved living in the Shonan area (Kamakura is my hometown), it kinda sux to have to endure two hours of stop and go traffic before you can really open your bike up.

In contrast, when I was stationed in Sasebo (Nagasaki-pref) I could alter my commute route and hit twisties on the way home from work.

You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever!

Kamakura JAPAN, 1975 Z1B (x2, both in storage)

• kzz1p
  • User
  • One Test Is Worth A Thousand Expert Opinions!
More
31 Oct 2009 13:43 #330679 by kzz1p
Replied by kzz1p on topic Japan D and C block drag race videos
trianglelaguna wrote:

pictures of suzuka would be very very nice,do you guys get over for the big bike races there---8 hr-ect....
i clicked the subscribe window on you tube for this guys clips and got this and others in my yahoo mail this morning.....

(youtube)

The oil cooler and oil lines are damn near on the exhaust pipes, maybe it's for heat exchange? I like the new modern spin, on the carb heat shield, It's hard to tell if it's made of carbon fiber or just a C/F decal?

• trianglelaguna
  • User
More
31 Oct 2009 14:56 #330686 by trianglelaguna
yeah there is a good amount of check book parts on there...2000 on the shocks alone...he could be pushing 15 grand easy......but it is a clean one and sure flows in it's finish well......

little too flashy imo....almost like a ducati z1....but it could sign the tune i bet

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
31 Oct 2009 16:31 #330695 by WPBill
Replied by WPBill on topic Japan D and C block drag race videos
Yeah, a bit overdone for my tastes. But heck, if it floats your boat and you have the cashola, go for it!

(I'd rather spend that extra scratch on another bike.)

You can only be young once, but you can be immature forever!

Kamakura JAPAN, 1975 Z1B (x2, both in storage)

More
31 Oct 2009 22:30 #330742 by timebomb33
Replied by timebomb33 on topic Japan D and C block drag race videos
man oh man i wish i could speak japanese i could go there and never have to work on anything but z1's and old honda's all the time those guys in the parking lot could keep me in business the rest of my life. really cool stuff some of the bikes are a bit on the gaudy side but most of them are clean really well done customs nice stuff.

1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE