Manuals and parts

More
24 Aug 2009 19:11 #316192 by rayellis
Manuals and parts was created by rayellis
Going to be working on my 1980 KZ750E (4cyl.)soon and was looking for some help on what manuals and parts. I would like to get the Kawasaki manual I have never liked the other repair manuals ie.. Haynes ect. I would think that the Kawasaki manual would be the most accurate. What do you think?

I will also need tires,battery and many other parts. I will most likely have to rebuild the motor also. Top and bottom end but not sure yet what will need to be replaced.Any suggestions on this?

I need the manual that gives a total re-build on engine and any other restoration books you could suggest.

Thanks
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Aug 2009 19:27 #316198 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Manuals and parts
yeah id reccomend the factory shop manual.easiest way to start is to scrub that poor beast from one end to the other and start looking for broken stuff.does the motor turn over or run? if it will atleast turn over id say start with a compresion test if your numbers are fairly even across the board thats a good sign B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
24 Aug 2009 19:28 #316199 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Manuals and parts
As you suggested, the Kawasaki factory service manual is your best bet for complete info and they give a good breakdown on replacing rings, pistons, and other internals. They also descrivbe how each system works along with service limit specs. They're usually available on eBay, just be sure to get the one for your specific model/year. Regarding parts, once you figure out what all you need you may want to check Kawasaki.com to see which parts are still "active." These can be purchased through any dealer, so if you need something small you can save $ on shipping even though the dealer may be a little higher on the part. If you put together a longer list of stuff you need, there are several internet sites that give pricing online so you can compare. For parts no longer available, the internet including eBay, is a good source for New Old Stock or used parts. Also, there are numerous places that sell tires on the internet which can save you $$$ if you mount your own; otherwise you'll still get stuck at the dealer for mounting. Be sure to ask plenty of questions on this site as there are many experienced folks here, and ask if you are having a problem finding a particular part, some of us are pretty good at finding stuff. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
24 Aug 2009 19:55 #316209 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic Manuals and parts
Here's a manual - Kawasaki 1980-1985 KZ750 Four Service Manual

The 750-E is one of my favorites. Here's a pic of one that was on ebbaay a year or two ago.
Attachments:

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Walking Behind the Corn May Not Be All That!
More
27 Aug 2009 19:33 #316864 by KZQ
Replied by KZQ on topic Manuals and parts
Got you covered Ray. Check your PM's

KZCSI

www.KZ1300.com
Riders:
1968 BSA 441 Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 W3, 1976 KZ900, 1979 KZ750 Twin, 1979 KZ750 Twin Trike, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 2000 Valkyrie, 2009 Yamaha Roadliner S. 1983 GL 1100
Projects:
1985 ZN1300