Be careful out there

More
24 Jul 2009 19:18 #309138 by franknsr
Replied by franknsr on topic Be careful out there
RonKZ650 wrote:

... I guess the Lord is with me?

I'll second that with an amen brother. Glad you're ok.

Formerly CSRchopper
1991 KZ1000P
Gone but not forgotten
1986 ZG1000
1982 650 CSR -shoulda kept this one-
Lisle Illinois, USA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Jul 2009 19:20 #309140 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic Be careful out there
When I ride, I consider myself "The Invisible Man" I figure most car/truck drivers will look right at me and yet not notice me even with bright lights,reflective jacket, and brightly colored helmet.

Plan if you can for most situations,cover your brakes and be able to make quick decisions. I always think the cross traffic will not stop regardless of stop signs or traffic lights.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
24 Jul 2009 19:24 #309141 by arai59
Replied by arai59 on topic Be careful out there
Ron.....never under estimate the prowess of a SD Ford truck. Glad your okay. But if they don't total your truck..........will the Lord let you repaint it ?:lol:

More
24 Jul 2009 19:56 #309148 by KZ250LTD
Replied by KZ250LTD on topic Be careful out there
ArthurGoVroom wrote:

So far I haven't had anybody not see me and pull out in front of me, but I'm sure it will happen one of these days.

On average when I'm riding five days a week to work I'll generally have someone pull into my lane (and me) about twice a week. People just can't spare the second to look.

I'll also second that riding has changed my driving, I'm always looking for an escape route even when in my car :dry:

Keep the shiny side up Ron, happy nothing worse happened!

79 KZ1000ST
Past:
Many.

More
24 Jul 2009 20:37 #309154 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Be careful out there
Glad to hear you're ok.
I've noticed traffic is far more hazzardous since the invention of texting.

More
25 Jul 2009 06:27 - 25 Jul 2009 06:28 #309223 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic Be careful out there
Glad your OK Ron, bummer about the truck! Men and their machines, it's a bond most people don't understand. Since my accident almost two years (Aug 16) ago I've found myself a little parinoid about brake lights. I'm doing OK but have slowed down some. It's scary out there, especially with the whole cell phone, texting thing. A lot of people don't take driving seriously, I do and it pisses me off when I see people driving with out a care in the world! I'm gonna stop now before I piss myself off.... ;)

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!
Last edit: 25 Jul 2009 06:28 by Bluemeanie.

More
25 Jul 2009 07:23 #309233 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Be careful out there
Thanks a lot guys. If the truck is repaired, yes I'll have to say it's my first vehical with non-original paint. If it's totalled, I'm going to be in a mess. I paid $32,000 brand new for this truck and now it's worth probably $7000 in their eyes even though it was still good as new. I have to buy new because I'm the same on trucks as I am on my motorcycles, very picky to say the least.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

More
25 Jul 2009 14:00 - 25 Jul 2009 14:01 #309276 by Spot
Replied by Spot on topic Be careful out there
I'm glad you're okay, too.

When I bought my 2002 Chrysler Concorde, they offered payoff insurance for an extra $700. I'm still upside down in the loan (loan is bigger than blue book), but if it's totalled, the loan is taken care of no matter what the insurance company pays.

Good judgment comes from experience, which usually comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Last edit: 25 Jul 2009 14:01 by Spot.

More
20 Aug 2009 20:24 #315430 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Be careful out there
Well to sum it up, not really bike related however, they elected it was worth repairing the F350. This was an immaculate truck without a blemish before iddiot and stop sign. I tell the body shop "DO NOT PAINT ANYTHING BEFORE I LOOK AT IT AND OK IT". OK they agree. 3 weeks go by and my wife calls down there and they are ready to paint. NO, she says. So I go down there and they've ruined the hood and right fender by primer already. I would have prefered they beat out the dents as possible and left the paint as is and I would collect the dollars instead. Oh well too late. I confirm this is the *ONLY* paint they will be fooling with, yes. Now I drive by there today and they for some unknown grace of the Lord, painted my passenger door which had absolutely zero damage, plus the hood and fender.:angry: Now the truck is 1/3 garbarge. I think 1/3 is over the line for me. I wish they could listen and do what I instructed. Too much to ask. Now 6 months from now 1/3 the truck will be junk from the weather, the rest still immaculate. I'm sick and give up.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.