09 Jul 2009 09:35 - 09 Jul 2009 09:36 #305643 by 9am53
Replied by 9am53 on topic Peak Oil My Ass
Mcdroid wrote:

SPARKY47 wrote:

www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/3952

Consider the source... complete drivel.

True say mofo
Last edit: 09 Jul 2009 09:36 by 9am53.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SPARKY47
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1980 KZ500 B2
More
09 Jul 2009 10:00 #305647 by SPARKY47
Replied by SPARKY47 on topic Peak Oil My Ass
Drivel eh?
And this?

www.gasresources.net/AlkaneGenesis.htm

If you go to www.gasresources.net you'll see this:

The articles on this site have been put here to accommodate the many requests for reprints and further information, received during the past few years following the publication in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the U.S.A. of an article formally enunciating the modern Russian-Ukrainian theory of deep, abiotic petroleum origins and demonstrating the high-pressure genesis of petroleum.

"National Academy of Sciences of the U.S.A" ......
Drivel eh?

And this?

"Professor Michael C. Lynch of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology"

And...

"There is also a link to an article by Professor Peter Odell of the London School of Economics concerning the common misperceptions connected with petroleum economics."

Drivel.

"Gas Resources Corporation, 11811 North Freeway, fl. 5, Houston, TX 77060, U.S.A."

Drivel.

Lots it seems.

1980 KZ500 B2

More
09 Jul 2009 10:07 #305650 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Peak Oil My Ass
SPARKY47 wrote:

Drivel eh?
And this?

www.gasresources.net/AlkaneGenesis.htm

If you go to www.gasresources.net you'll see this:

The articles on this site have been put here to accommodate the many requests for reprints and further information, received during the past few years following the publication in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the U.S.A. of an article formally enunciating the modern Russian-Ukrainian theory of deep, abiotic petroleum origins and demonstrating the high-pressure genesis of petroleum.

"National Academy of Sciences of the U.S.A" ......
Drivel eh?

And this?

"Professor Michael C. Lynch of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology"

And...

"There is also a link to an article by Professor Peter Odell of the London School of Economics concerning the common misperceptions connected with petroleum economics."

Drivel.

"Gas Resources Corporation, 11811 North Freeway, fl. 5, Houston, TX 77060, U.S.A."

Drivel.

Lots it seems.

Anyone who uses the denial of global warming as an argumentation scheme is an idiot.

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

• SPARKY47
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1980 KZ500 B2
More
09 Jul 2009 10:20 #305653 by SPARKY47
That would depend on whether you refer to man made global warming or global warming as a natural process.
Given there is no evidence linking mans activities to what we perceive as global warming I presume you refer to the latter?
Of course if you've a mind to discount the opinions of over 31000 scientists,( over 9000 of whom hold Ph D's) then I'd have to assume you refer to the former.

Decisions decisions....

1980 KZ500 B2

More
09 Jul 2009 10:42 - 09 Jul 2009 11:07 #305655 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Peak Oil My Ass
No, I refer to the fundamental composition of crude oil [carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, and sulfur = e.g. hydrocarbons] and the suggestion that you can create these elements from CaCo3 and Fe2O3 + pressure + heat. That's idiocy...and I have met plenty of 'scientists' who couldn't think their way out of a corner. I'm done with this thread.

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Last edit: 09 Jul 2009 11:07 by Mcdroid.

• SPARKY47
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1980 KZ500 B2
More
09 Jul 2009 12:56 #305673 by SPARKY47
I see no problem with the hydrogen,oxygen and carbon, all present.(The attached link specifically mentions distilled water). The sulphur you refer to is removed during processing being unneccessary in the end product.
"The predominant chemical components of crude oil are carbon (C), oxygen (O), and hydrogen (H); these elements occur in crude in a variety of molecular shapes and forms, primarily carbon-chain organic molecules. The process called "refining" separates those chemical components that are best adapted to specific uses into specific crude "fractions" as a means of manufacturing marketable products. Crude oil also contains impurities such as sulfur (S), nitrogen (N), and trace metals. Some of these impurities (especially S) are removed during the refining process, while others are concentrated within specific crude fractions during refining."
Quotation taken from here... www.energy.vt.edu/vept/petroleum/index.asp

(Virginia Energy Patterns and Trends.)

As for regarding the professional opinions of 31000 scientists based on "i have met plenty of "scientists" who couldn't think their way out of a corner", now THAT is idiocy.

For information:
my bad, actually 31,478 American Scientists.
www.petitionproject.org/

1980 KZ500 B2

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
09 Jul 2009 14:10 #305686 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Peak Oil My Ass
(youtube)

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• Limey
  • User
  • 3 Years in the U.K. - Brought the KZ with me!
More
09 Jul 2009 14:20 #305690 by Limey
Replied by Limey on topic Peak Oil My Ass
SPARKY47 wrote:

That would depend on whether you refer to man made global warming or global warming as a natural process.
Given there is no evidence linking mans activities to what we perceive as global warming I presume you refer to the latter?
Of course if you've a mind to discount the opinions of over 31000 scientists,( over 9000 of whom hold Ph D's) then I'd have to assume you refer to the former.

Decisions decisions....

Oh - interesting - I bet you can't name ten real PhD scientists that will argue there is no evidence of man's effect on the environment. You can stick your head in the sand as long as you like, but the nutters that deny it all do so for one reason - to try and get their name in print! As for the petition - a signature from a dead man doesn't count - no matter how often you use it. Edward Teller died in 2003! And anybody can put down a name and check the PhD box - hardly proof of anything!

Actually even the stuff you refer to is bogus - the chemical formulas require calcium - which is biologically derived, just the same as coal or oil. So unless they can come up with another excuse that generates calcium, they have the same problem! And the interaction of calcium with water has been used for hundreds of years to fuel carbide lamps - it is nothing new!

The South Africans do generate gasoline from coal - the plant is called SASOL, it is just south of Johannesburg.

Eric
Newmarket, England (for 3 years)
Pentwater, Michighan (Home)
1978 KZ650
2000 ZG1000
2006 Suzuki Burgman 650

• Limey
  • User
  • 3 Years in the U.K. - Brought the KZ with me!
More
09 Jul 2009 14:32 - 09 Jul 2009 14:32 #305696 by Limey
Replied by Limey on topic Peak Oil My Ass
I did a little research on the "petition" - specifically the people who organized it. Check the picture - this is the Oregon Institute of Science and Medicine.

They only have seven faculty - and three of them are related! Looks like a real high-tech establishment to me!

Eric
Newmarket, England (for 3 years)
Pentwater, Michighan (Home)
1978 KZ650
2000 ZG1000
2006 Suzuki Burgman 650
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Jul 2009 14:32 by Limey.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
09 Jul 2009 14:37 #305698 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Peak Oil My Ass
(youtube)

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

• SPARKY47
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 1980 KZ500 B2
More
09 Jul 2009 15:15 #305711 by SPARKY47
I would suggest you read the article before commenting. The reactions detailed include Calcium Carbonate (Marble).

" Signatories are approved for inclusion in the Petition Project list if they have obtained formal educational degrees at the level of Bachelor of Science or higher in appropriate scientific fields. The petition has been circulated only in the United States.

The current list of petition signers includes 9,029 PhD; 7,153 MS; 2,585 MD and DVM; and 12,711 BS or equivalent academic degrees. Most of the MD and DVM signers also have underlying degrees in basic science.

All of the listed signers have formal educations in fields of specialization that suitably qualify them to evaluate the research data related to the petition statement. Many of the signers currently work in climatological, meteorological, atmospheric, environmental, geophysical, astronomical, and biological fields directly involved in the climate change controversy."

Would that criteria suffice?

So you're a former Mining Engineer are you?
We may well have met, I was a member of the underground community too.Ever heard of Lea Hall?

1980 KZ500 B2

More
09 Jul 2009 15:32 #305716 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic Peak Oil My Ass
trianglelaguna wrote:

(youtube)

you cant fool me...thats arai and hoghater in the background egging him on.....:laugh: :laugh: