broken leg blues

More
24 Apr 2009 06:32 #284709 by ccentralm
broken leg blues was created by ccentralm
the title says it all, im laying around in bed with this beautiful eastern iowa weather with a busted walking stick and a torn down kz sitting in the garage with a years worth of collecting dust. what a bummer, what a drag, i cant even drink beer. the only thing good about this is a supposed aflac claim check thats supposed to be worth some cash. i think im going to try to buy something with the money when it gets here. i should be healed up by august, at least thats my goal, whether or not i do it is another aspect i dont focus heavily on. does anyone have some wheels theyre looking to unload. like i said, i live in a little town near cedar rapids, ia. id really love to have something waiting for me whilst i myself wait. theres always CL, i know, but i always think to tap all resources, you never know.

1982 Kawasaki KZ 750LTD. i wanted the big boy 1000, but there's like a billion of these 750 ltds running around. so what the hey!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2009 06:38 #284711 by IowaKZ
Replied by IowaKZ on topic broken leg blues
Hey CC, sorry to hear about your leg. I don't know if we chatted before but I'm in Bettendorf. I think there are quite a few kzs in the area, but not too many folks on this site.

How did you get busted up?

1980 G1 Classic
Bettendorf, Iowa

More
24 Apr 2009 06:45 #284714 by ccentralm
Replied by ccentralm on topic broken leg blues
a forklift ran over my leg at work. apparently im lucky to still have it. as for kz, i wish, i see one pop up every so often, but we live in hog heaven, that and sportbike country. i keep seeing crappy cb's going for 1500, and i know full well those things arent worth that much. do you know anything about brennys motorcycle clinic? their prices are high, but i see they have a kz1000 all customized in their stable for $3k. ive only heard one person say something about them and he figured them for crooks. i like looking at their inventory online though.

1982 Kawasaki KZ 750LTD. i wanted the big boy 1000, but there's like a billion of these 750 ltds running around. so what the hey!

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
24 Apr 2009 06:54 #284717 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic broken leg blues
bummer on the leg...you got the right attitude...accept and move forward and be grateful...that is the best i can usualy do....but it leaves me standing at the real start/finish line...and cuts down on my anger......you seem level headed about what happened at least...good for you...

i bet a bike will turn up for a fair price.....just put a mental image out there and watch...you will start seeing em...as far as 3 grand....it may actualy really be a deal cause if you start tunning and fixing and throwing tires on and batteries,,,ect,,ect you hit three grand fast ,,even on an 900.00 bike it tacks up quick.......good luck...it'll happen....good vibes your way....craig

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
24 Apr 2009 06:59 #284719 by ccentralm
thanks craig, i can always use 'em.

More
24 Apr 2009 08:30 #284752 by IowaKZ
Replied by IowaKZ on topic broken leg blues
ccentralm wrote:

a forklift ran over my leg at work. apparently im lucky to still have it. as for kz, i wish, i see one pop up every so often, but we live in hog heaven, that and sportbike country. i keep seeing crappy cb's going for 1500, and i know full well those things arent worth that much. do you know anything about brennys motorcycle clinic? their prices are high, but i see they have a kz1000 all customized in their stable for $3k. ive only heard one person say something about them and he figured them for crooks. i like looking at their inventory online though.

I have never bought a bike from Brenny's. They have new and used. They all seem a little high priced to me, but a shop will usually be higher than an owner to owner sale. I try to buy a few things from their store from time to time. you know, support your local retailers. It's hard because you can always get it cheaper at Z1ent. I have talked to some of the guys in their repair shop and they have some pretty fast looking kzs. I think that they drag race them at Cordova. A couple of them are pretty good to talk to. And then, of course, there are a couple of them that are clueless. I can't say if they're crooks or not, but they have been in business a long time.

1980 G1 Classic
Bettendorf, Iowa

More
24 Apr 2009 08:47 #284760 by ccentralm
i hear ya iowa, it drives me nuts though when i go into the shops in cedar rapids and they try to coax me away from my old seven fifty with jeers like "why would you want to ride something that old", to which i mutter to myself, "because there arent many d-bags like you riding bikes like mine".

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
24 Apr 2009 08:57 #284764 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic broken leg blues
ccentralm wrote:

i hear ya iowa, it drives me nuts though when i go into the shops in cedar rapids and they try to coax me away from my old seven fifty with jeers like "why would you want to ride something that old", to which i mutter to myself, "because there arent many d-bags like you riding bikes like mine".

well put... i gotta remember that one...

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife