babbits online

More
08 Mar 2009 17:59 #270463 by keith1
babbits online was created by keith1
the parts with the arrows next to them....are they the ones they actually have? can they get anything?
i would think a lot of stuff is unavailable....just wondering what the deal is.....thanks....keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2009 18:07 #270465 by Jeff.Saunders
Replied by Jeff.Saunders on topic babbits online
They just list every part number on the Kawasaki fiche. If you place an order with them, they ship what they can and cancel the rest...

That means if you order 6 parts for a master cylinder rebuild and the piston is unavailable, they still ship you the 5 parts you cannot use...

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
www.z1enterprises.com

Z1 Ent on Facebook,

More
08 Mar 2009 18:26 #270472 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic babbits online
Jeff.Saunders wrote:

They just list every part number on the Kawasaki fiche. If you place an order with them, they ship what they can and cancel the rest...

That means if you order 6 parts for a master cylinder rebuild and the piston is unavailable, they still ship you the 5 parts you cannot use...

kinda what i figured....thanks for the input jeff...
i guess i can just haunt you guys....:laugh:

More
08 Mar 2009 18:29 #270475 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic babbits online
What Jeff said is true of all the sites that list obsolete parts (and there are MANY of them). You need to either look up the part at Kawasaki.com to see if it's still active, search through eBay, or simply contact Jeff to see what he can do. He once ordered a part for me that was no longer available in the USA but was still available in Japan. It came in surprisingly quickly, and I received the correct new part. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
09 Mar 2009 06:33 - 09 Mar 2009 06:34 #270556 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic babbits online
keith1 wrote:

the parts with the arrows next to them....

Those items have superceded part numbers - click the arrows - kinda neat.
Just in case.... Kawasaki.com has fairly comprehensive supersession & cross-reference info.
Last edit: 09 Mar 2009 06:34 by JMKZHI.

More
09 Mar 2009 07:27 #270569 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic babbits online
Jeff and Z1Enterprises.com can get ANY part that Babbits can... I FOOLISHLY bought two bowl gaskets and two pilot jets from Babbits a couple weeks ago. $20 and spent $20 for shipping the ONE OUNCE package! I just didn't stop and think. I still haven't gotten the parts yet as they are SLOWWWWWWWWW. I try and buy all OEM through Z1E for this reason... better prices, better shipping, better customer service and much much much faster service.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
09 Mar 2009 14:12 #270638 by keith1
Replied by keith1 on topic babbits online
thanks guys.....i use kawasaki.com for cross referencing nos part numbers for stuff i grab on ebay....just checking out another possible source....i think at this point they will not be an option....as far as z-1, i have quite the collection of sales slips going back to last june when i got bike...they are primarily who i turn to for parts......keith

More
10 Mar 2009 13:22 #270948 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic babbits online
More on Babbits... I ordered two float bowl gaskets for vintage dual purpose bikes and two pilot jets.

1 of 16038-009 - GASKET-COVER @ $5.15ea.

1 of 92064-024 - JET-PILOT NO 40 @ $9.14ea.

1 of 09492-25005 - JET, PILOT #25 @ $4.53ea.

1 of 13251-32410 - GASKET @ $4.85ea.

Subtotal: $23.67

Shipping: $17.42 via UPS Ground est. Delivery: Tue Mar 10,2009 to Wed Mar 11,2009

Is it me, or is a 1 or 2 ounce envelope at $17.42 kind of pricey? Anyway, I got the envelope with no cardboard or anything to keep the gasket from bending. Opened it today and there was only ONE gasket and only ONE pilot jet. I called them and they have no idea where the other parts are that I ordered. They show them in stock and don't know why they didn't ship. The gal told me quote: NO PROBLEM... WILL SHIP TODAY unquote. I asked her why the stuff hadn't shipped already and she said they would have to do QUOTE: AN INTERNAL INVESTIGATION UNQUOTE. I asked her if she could send me a tracking email and she asked me for my email address (after getting from me both the invoice and order numbers and bringing the thing up on her computer in front of her). NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN. rant off -wg

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!