Titles ???

• triggerbilly
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
05 Feb 2009 18:01 #262407 by triggerbilly
Titles ??? was created by triggerbilly
OK, my bike is ready for the road (i think !!)

I have a signed bill of sale and a red non negotiable Texas Tile in the original owner's name. The lien holder is the texas credit union

The loan is payed off by the original owner. So i need to get the blue title in my name.
should i call the credit union for the blue title or what ??

I'm new to America so i ain't too sure what to do and how to do it

Any help would be ......well helpful !!

thanks

1982 kz750-e3
1983 cb1000c
plano. TX

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KZQ
  • Administrator
  • Walking Behind the Corn May Not Be All That!
More
05 Feb 2009 18:20 #262410 by KZQ
Replied by KZQ on topic Titles ???
Hi Billy,

Never heard of colored titles but then more confused things have come out of Texas, particularly in the last eight years.

Generally what you need here is a bill of sale from each lienholder shown on the title. If you have a title and can get the lien holder to sign it it serves as a release of the lien.

KZCSI

www.KZ1300.com
Riders:
1968 BSA 441 Shooting Star, 1970 BSA 650 Lightning, 1974 W3, 1976 KZ900, 1979 KZ750 Twin, 1979 KZ750 Twin Trike, 1981 KZ1300, 1982 KZ1100 Spectre, 2000 Valkyrie, 2009 Yamaha Roadliner S. 1983 GL 1100
Projects:
1985 ZN1300

More
05 Feb 2009 19:43 - 06 Feb 2009 20:05 #262436 by arai59
Replied by arai59 on topic Titles ???
If the lien is satisfied the original owner will receive the blue Texas title. Non negotionable means just that. Locate the owner and have him sign off the backside of the title. Your bill of sale will protect you from a stolen situation. If that all fails, you can get a title oufit to gain this for you. If the bike hasn't been registered in years you can apply for a bonded title. Thats what I did on my mk2. After a period ( 2 years) the state will allow you to transfer over to a blue clean title.

Oh and Billy......nevermind what KZCSI says.........he wears tye dye shirts and sandals.
Last edit: 06 Feb 2009 20:05 by arai59.

More
06 Feb 2009 06:50 - 06 Feb 2009 06:51 #262514 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Titles ???
If the title thing doesn't work out, there is another way to do it. This is called a "builder's title". Essentially, you are saying you bought a frame and engine and put the bike together from scratch. The forms noted below can only be picked up from your local tax office. They are not on the Texas govt website:

If you buy a frame and want to build a bike from the frame up, in the state of Texas, the state of Texas and your local tax office require:

FORM 130U
FORM 61
FORM 68A
FORM 68N
Pencil tracing of VIN from frame
Pencil tracing of engine number
Photo of vehicle
Bill of sale for engine
Bill of sale for frame

You will probably need to get the VIN verified at an inspection station and get the bike inspected so you will need proof of insurance when you take your bike to the inspection station. Take the VIN verification form, the inspection and proof of insurance with all the stuff I listed to your tax office and I suspect you will come out with a title. Remember they don't do this stuff very often and when they get confused, suggest they call Austin to verify details of this new title process.
Bill of sale for frame

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!
Last edit: 06 Feb 2009 06:51 by wiredgeorge.

More
06 Feb 2009 08:18 #262529 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic Titles ???
not sure what part of TEXAS you are in, but there are several "car title" people that can take care of it,
Basicaly, if you cannot locate the orig owner to file for a title from the credit union, then they can file a lost title, and from there you can transfer it into your name, may take a bit of time but it can be done

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

More
06 Feb 2009 19:08 #262644 by cnyl
Replied by cnyl on topic Titles ???
wiredgeorge wrote:

If the title thing doesn't work out, there is another way to do it. This is called a "builder's title". Essentially, you are saying you bought a frame and engine and put the bike together from scratch. The forms noted below can only be picked up from your local tax office. They are not on the Texas govt website:

If you buy a frame and want to build a bike from the frame up, in the state of Texas, the state of Texas and your local tax office require:

FORM 130U
FORM 61
FORM 68A
FORM 68N
Pencil tracing of VIN from frame
Pencil tracing of engine number
Photo of vehicle
Bill of sale for engine
Bill of sale for frame

You will probably need to get the VIN verified at an inspection station and get the bike inspected so you will need proof of insurance when you take your bike to the inspection station. Take the VIN verification form, the inspection and proof of insurance with all the stuff I listed to your tax office and I suspect you will come out with a title. Remember they don't do this stuff very often and when they get confused, suggest they call Austin to verify details of this new title process.
Bill of sale for frame

Is this the same for Florida?

1982 KZ1000 M2 CSR
North Port, FL

Check out my band
www.myspace.com/tukrhill

More
07 Feb 2009 04:53 #262676 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Titles ???
cnyl wrote:

Is this the same for Florida?

Unlikely...each state is different.:)

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
07 Feb 2009 05:34 #262679 by cnyl
Replied by cnyl on topic Titles ???
Thanks.

1982 KZ1000 M2 CSR
North Port, FL

Check out my band
www.myspace.com/tukrhill

More
07 Feb 2009 07:20 - 07 Feb 2009 07:22 #262698 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Titles ???
All the forms are Texas forms so obviously it will be different but most states have some sort of builder's title method. Call your state department of motor vehicles or whoever is responsible for titles. The folks in the state office will normally be better at answering questions about stuff that a local office may not be so good at answering. If I called my local tax office where they do Texas titles, they most likely won't have a straight answer for me and they will end up calling the state office.

A couple of the forms I would need are not available online or from a local tax office but must be gotten through the state and the info was NOT available online anywhere... had to actually call. They were very helpful and actually sent me a packet with copies of all needed forms.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!
Last edit: 07 Feb 2009 07:22 by wiredgeorge.