Buddy, Can You Spare A Thou....Or Two ????

• H2RICK
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Is this a fun bike, or what!!!
More
10 Jan 2009 20:40 #257182 by H2RICK
I took in the travelling new-bike-intro circus this aft. Nothing radical caught my eye......however......
I could have bought a brand new '08 ZX14 Special Edition (whizzier paint work) for the measly sum of C$9999.00 (~US$8200.00) plus the usual BS dealer addons and tax!!! Now that's ~1/3 lower than it was ~3 months ago and, IMHO, a he!! of a deal.
That's not a whole heckuva lot more than I paid for my 1200 Bandit brand new in 2006 !!!
If a guy ever wanted to own one of those rockets, this has got to be your best chance.
Seriously...where can you get this level of technology and performance for such a ridiculously cheap price ???
I'd be happy just to try a test ride on one.....:)

KZ650C2 Stock/mint. Goes by "Ace".
H2A Built from a genuine basket case. Yes,it's a hot rod.
GT550A Stock/mint. Pleasant stroker.
2006 Bandit 1200S for easy LD rapid transit
Various H2 projects in the wings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• trianglelaguna
  • User
  • New and improved - extra strength
More
11 Jan 2009 08:19 #257219 by trianglelaguna
Replied by trianglelaguna on topic Buddy, Can You Spare A Thou....Or Two ????
yeah there is a perfomance boom and were meeting it in a economic slowdown......i was looking at the front ends guys on here are mating to their bikes ...then got my new motorcycle rag in the mail and was re-looking at the new kawasaki 6-r's front fork....wait till those start hitting the wreck piles......parts on the street like factory 86 race parts

what is even more interesting is the price of last weeks "hot new models" low mile z-x-9s gsxr 1100,,rc51.....for what a nice gpz1100 goes for....they had an add on tv down here in santa rosa ca, yesterday saying 29.00 down or 99.00 a month for a new h-d nightster 1200....the add was omn mid-day and was like an info mercial length....next?????49.00 a month zx-14's???????

1976 KZ900
2003 ZX12R
2007 FZ1000
2004 ninja 250R for wife

More
11 Jan 2009 09:58 - 11 Jan 2009 09:59 #257241 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Buddy, Can You Spare A Thou....Or Two ????
trianglelaguna wrote:

yeah there is a perfomance boom and were meeting it in a economic slowdown......i was looking at the front ends guys on here are mating to their bikes ...then got my new motorcycle rag in the mail and was re-looking at the new kawasaki 6-r's front fork....wait till those start hitting the wreck piles......parts on the street like factory 86 race parts

what is even more interesting is the price of last weeks "hot new models" low mile z-x-9s gsxr 1100,,rc51.....for what a nice gpz1100 goes for....they had an add on tv down here in santa rosa ca, yesterday saying 29.00 down or 99.00 a month for a new h-d nightster 1200....the add was omn mid-day and was like an info mercial length....next?????49.00 a month zx-14's???????

if they start selling zx-14s for $49 a month it wont matter what the economy does half the riders will be in the funeral home and the other half wont have a license left to get to work anyway!so i guess it would be a money maker for funeral homes and city bus's atleast!:laugh:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Last edit: 11 Jan 2009 09:59 by PLUMMEN.