blasts from the past

More
01 Jul 2014 14:53 #638603 by Dr. Gamma
Replied by Dr. Gamma on topic blasts from the past
Here is some 70's Denco madness ridden by that famous Triumph top fuel rider, Boris Murray.

Last I heard this bike was owned by the guy that ran Denco Of Indy back in the 70's. Can't remember his name.

NINE OPEN STINGERS OF TWO STROKE MUSIC!!!!!

1972 H2 750 Cafe Racer built in 1974.
1976 KH400 Production Road Racer.
1979 Kz1000 MK. II Old AMA/WERA Superbike.
1986 RG500G 2 stroke terror.
1986 GSXR750RG The one with the clutch that rattles!

Up in the hills near Prescott, Az.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Jul 2014 09:43 #638678 by joe k
Replied by joe k on topic blasts from the past
Not so I have owned this this bike since i purchased it of Dennis Dean in the 70's and still have it to this day and the bottom pic is me taken at Calder Park Raceway in Melbourne Australia, the dealer in Indiana had a mock up in his shop built by himself and when he shut shop he broke it up and from memory he told me that some one in California purchased his frame to put 3 TZ 750''S in it but to this day I haven't heard any thing about it---Joe

Dr. Gamma wrote: Here is some 70's Denco madness ridden by that famous Triumph top fuel rider, Boris Murray.

Last I heard this bike was owned by the guy that ran Denco Of Indy back in the 70's. Can't remember his name.

NINE OPEN STINGERS OF TWO STROKE MUSIC!!!!!

More
02 Jul 2014 13:09 #638695 by Dr. Gamma
Replied by Dr. Gamma on topic blasts from the past
You are a very lucky man Mr. Joe k!!!

I got to hear that bike make a run sometime back around the mid 70's. Unbelievable sound.

I still have the Denco catalog with that bike on the cover somewhere.

Do you fire it up once in a while and make a few passes with it?? I would have it in my living room!!!

Was the guys name in Indy, Bill Burdette from Denco Of Indy??

1972 H2 750 Cafe Racer built in 1974.
1976 KH400 Production Road Racer.
1979 Kz1000 MK. II Old AMA/WERA Superbike.
1986 RG500G 2 stroke terror.
1986 GSXR750RG The one with the clutch that rattles!

Up in the hills near Prescott, Az.

More
04 Jul 2014 05:19 #638867 by joe k
Replied by joe k on topic blasts from the past
Yes Dr Gamma indeed it was Bill Burdette in Indiana and when you heard it many years ago when Denco campaigned it the three motors were timed to run as a single unit and their reasoning for this was to try and get better traction from the rear tyre but I done a lot of my own testing have found that by timing the motors to fire every 40 degrees it gives a better power characteristic and a more pleasing sound especially when it comes on song .
Its been some years since I've fired it up but it will be video'd when I run it at Lake Gairdner salt flats in the near future.

Dr. Gamma wrote: You are a very lucky man Mr. Joe k!!!

I got to hear that bike make a run sometime back around the mid 70's. Unbelievable sound.

I still have the Denco catalog with that bike on the cover somewhere.

Do you fire it up once in a while and make a few passes with it?? I would have it in my living room!!!

Was the guys name in Indy, Bill Burdette from Denco Of Indy??

The following user(s) said Thank You: PLUMMEN