Anyone on KZ near Abiline Texas?

More
26 Dec 2008 19:42 #254794 by reborn650
Anyone on KZ near Abiline Texas? was created by reborn650
Hey Fellow Kz'ers. It's been a while since I stopped by for a visit. We have a couple of feet of snow on the ground and right now I am more interested in driving my Zamboni at the outdoor skating rink than hopping on board the old 650/810. Sure am looking forward to the springtime to get a leg back over the old girl and hear her pull some revs.

For those who may remember, I picked up a little toy last spring thanks to the help of one of our fine members Jim (and his brother John) Musgrave who was kind enough to check out a car for me in St. Louis. The new toy, a Ferrari 308 was awesome up until an oil line let go on the highway in late October resulting in an engine compartment fire. If you ever want to see something funny it is a family in an old beat up mini-van stopping beside a burining Ferrari and asking if everything is alright. Oh well, as long as nobody got hurt, everything can be replaced.

After a little bit of haggling back and forth the insurance company decided to cash me out of the car and now I am in the market for a replacement.

There is a car I am possibly interested in, in Abilene Texas. I have a message out to the seller and am doing some preliminary recon work to possibly set up a look-see by a set of independent eyeballs through Kzr. If anyone knows about performance and attention to detail, it is the faithful amongst us who keep the old Kz's running strong.

If anyone knows of someone trustworthy in the Abiline area that might be interested in taking a look at the Ferrari for me, it would be appreciated. Simply send me a pm or email and I can discuss details when I hear back from the seller. colin@kicks.net

Cheers-Colin Firth -Ontario Canada
1977 Kz 650 Custom. 810 big-bore, WG Smoothbores, GPZ cams, intake valves and lottsa hidden go fast goodies tucked inside the stock looking screamer. This is the bike that I will keep forever!

-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.