My Mastercard Commercial

More
10 Dec 2008 09:17 #251774 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic My Mastercard Commercial
youve got to watch out for everything on the road because nobody is watching out for you.around here city and state dump trucks are the biggest rule breakers in my experiance,i see them driving down around all the time with uncovered loads and stuff dragging on the ground while the dot jerks are busy nailing everybody else for stupid stuff like not having the right size dot numbers on their trucks!:angry:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• clutch
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • I wish I had a tad more patience to do it better!
More
10 Dec 2008 10:59 - 10 Dec 2008 11:00 #251786 by clutch
Replied by clutch on topic My Mastercard Commercial
OnkelB wrote:

Apart from beautiful women saying no, the worst sound in the world is hearing your bike hit the ground. Been down a few times myself and was able to walk/limp away every time - no matter how hot it is I always wear boots, full face helmet, leather jacket and gloves when I ride. Glad you were too, hope the bike can be fixed...

I was really glad I was wearing the full face helmet. I rode by the house at one point and considered stopping by and getting my halfie (really glad I didn't!). I won't be wearing a half helmet anymore...ever, and I will always have my leather jacket on. I was wearing a thick pair of leather sneakers, though after having my ankle trapped under the bike (my first worry was that I may have broken it), I will be looking around for a pair of riding boots.

The bike can be fixed, though after spending all my play money on getting it back to a decent riding condition, it will take a while for me to pay if the construction jerks won't. And being stuck in gear, I'm nervous about pulling engine covers off to see the internal damage...

Southern Maryland, USA

1980 KZ250 LTD (traded, but still missed)
1982 KZ750 E3 (Cafe Project) (Dyna-S, Dyna Coils, V&H 4-1, K&N Pods, 6 Sigma Jet Kit, Acewell Computer, Woodcraft Clip-ons, Custom Rewire)
1966 A1 Samurai (Restoration Project)

Wish List:
KZ1000 P (For a "touring" bike)
Z1 (need I...
Last edit: 10 Dec 2008 11:00 by clutch.

More
10 Dec 2008 11:11 #251788 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic My Mastercard Commercial
clutch wrote:

OnkelB wrote:

Apart from beautiful women saying no, the worst sound in the world is hearing your bike hit the ground. Been down a few times myself and was able to walk/limp away every time - no matter how hot it is I always wear boots, full face helmet, leather jacket and gloves when I ride. Glad you were too, hope the bike can be fixed...

I was really glad I was wearing the full face helmet. I rode by the house at one point and considered stopping by and getting my halfie (really glad I didn't!). I won't be wearing a half helmet anymore...ever, and I will always have my leather jacket on. I was wearing a thick pair of leather sneakers, though after having my ankle trapped under the bike (my first worry was that I may have broken it), I will be looking around for a pair of riding boots.

The bike can be fixed, though after spending all my play money on getting it back to a decent riding condition, it will take a while for me to pay if the construction jerks won't. And being stuck in gear, I'm nervous about pulling engine covers off to see the internal damage...

About 15 years ago I went down on an expressway. The most damage to the full face helmet was done to the face shield and chin bar. I'd probably be minus one jaw if I was wearing a half-helmet.

Going down really sucks. Glad you're ok.

• clutch
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Dec 2008 11:51 #251792 by clutch
Update on bike repairs:

The site belongs to the county utilities company. Someone is supposed to be calling me back about my bike (probably from their legal department). I also stumbled upon a 1 year old court case in maryland where a dump truck driver was charged with manslaughter because the gravel falling out of his truck caused a fatal car accident. It's looking good that my bike will be getting fixed at no cost to me! :D

Southern Maryland, USA

1982 KZ750 E3 (Cafe Project) (Dyna-S, Dyna Coils, V&H 4-1, K&N Pods, 6 Sigma Jet Kit, Acewell Computer, Woodcraft Clip-ons, Custom Rewire)

Wish List:
Z1 (need I...

• clutch
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Dec 2008 11:54 - 10 Dec 2008 11:54 #251793 by clutch
loudhvx wrote:

About 15 years ago I went down on an expressway. The most damage to the full face helmet was done to the face shield and chin bar. I'd probably be minus one jaw if I was wearing a half-helmet.

Going down really sucks. Glad you're ok.

I hit right around the eyebrow region. Nice deep scratches in the face shield. I just played it in my head with the halfie and saw half of my face being shredded! Oh! Forgot to mention that I always wear gloves too. Think I ripped one up a bit, so might need a new pair now...

Southern Maryland, USA

Wish List:
Z1 (need I...
Last edit: 10 Dec 2008 11:54 by clutch.

• clutch
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Dec 2008 13:09 #251801 by clutch
Ok....was just trying to shift the bike out of gear. Feels like I can move it between 3rd and 5th, but when I try to go down to 2nd, I have to put a lot of pressure and hear I nice loud snap, but it doesn't shift. Sounds like the work needed is going to be rather expensive. The utility company better break out their checkbook. LOL!

Southern Maryland, USA

Wish List:
Z1 (need I...

More
10 Dec 2008 13:36 #251806 by kawsakiman
Replied by kawsakiman on topic My Mastercard Commercial
sorry you wrecked,
glad you survived,
glad the bike is repairable.
let them pay to fix it then jump right back on that horse that threw you.
good luck!

someday i will be able to afford my kz habit.

More
11 Dec 2008 11:26 #251992 by JohNLA
Replied by JohNLA on topic My Mastercard Commercial
Get offs suck:( and like already said, glad you are here to tell the tale.:)
Do get some good boots.
newenough.com always have good cheap deals.
I broke my Tibia and Fibia bones 5 years ago in an accident. My foot was just dangling limp because both bones completely snapped, right above the top of my hiking boots. Doctor said the Tib/Fib fracture is the most common serious MC accident injury.
I ride to work everyday and everyday I wear my boots, full face helmet, gloves and a safe jacket (either leather or padded summer jacket.)

s49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/JohNLA_photo/1983%20GPZ%20550/
83 GPZ 550 Stock with 3600 miles_83s.
83 GPZ 550 4-1,pods,Mikuni 36,000 + miles

More
11 Dec 2008 15:54 - 11 Dec 2008 15:57 #252047 by quader98
Replied by quader98 on topic My Mastercard Commercial
clutch wrote:

Sounds like the work needed is going to be rather expensive. The utility company better break out their checkbook. LOL!

first off,glad your OK ;) I'm not sure but if the damage to a vehicle would cost more to fix than whats it's worth, doesn't the insurance company just total it out and pay you what book is?

Ernie from central jersey
82 GPZ 750 R1
looking to part out my 81 KZ750E2
Last edit: 11 Dec 2008 15:57 by quader98.

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
11 Dec 2008 16:13 #252055 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic My Mastercard Commercial
Glad you are alright Like bluemeanie said you will learn from this as we all do ,it adds valuable expierence. Add a new helmet to your estimate, if you went down in it replace it or just use it for paintball or something else, the safety has now been compromised.

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

• clutch
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
11 Dec 2008 20:30 #252124 by clutch
quader98 wrote:

clutch wrote:

Sounds like the work needed is going to be rather expensive. The utility company better break out their checkbook. LOL!

first off,glad your OK ;) I'm not sure but if the damage to a vehicle would cost more to fix than whats it's worth, doesn't the insurance company just total it out and pay you what book is?

Yeah, but that's if you have full coverage. I just have the liability (and a good amount of medical insurance too) on my bike. Great news though...i started her up this afternoon and I could find all 5 gears and neutral! The local bike-guru thinks that the front wheel just got knocked out of alignment, which at a glance is hard to tell for sure. Hopefully that's all it is, then I only need new shift pedal, left bar-end mirror, headlight bracket, and helmet.

I'll be looking at the alignment thing tomorrow to see if I can line the wheel and forks back up to fix the issue.

Southern Maryland, USA

Wish List:
Z1 (need I...