Crackheads get me again.

More
26 Nov 2008 15:06 #249462 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Crackheads get me again.
kano wrote:

sounds like you have pissed someone off dude.
id be waiting with a baseball bat.

You don't want to go there unless you have the guts to carry it through, and most people don't.

You smack him around some with a bat, he spends some time healing, then some dark night when you're least expecting it he puts a knife in your back.

If you're going to hurt someone physically, then you have to break them mentally, make them crap their pants at the sound of your name. Or spend the rest of your life waiting for that knife in the back.

That's just the way it is.

Rent a garage, find a better place to park it.

KD9JUR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kano
  • User
  • Not Another Bloody Limey!
More
26 Nov 2008 15:13 #249464 by kano
Replied by kano on topic Crackheads get me again.
true enough steel.
being English things were different back in England.

More
26 Nov 2008 17:46 - 26 Nov 2008 17:49 #249496 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Crackheads get me again.
kano wrote:

true enough steel.
being English things were different back in England.

How different?
I had my bike stolen from under my window in the barracks at RAF Mildenhall in 1972, cops found the frame in London, everything else was gone.

Only bike I have ever had stolen.

I consider myself a realist, I've been told that my name is listed in the dictionary as a synonym for cynic :D

KD9JUR
Last edit: 26 Nov 2008 17:49 by steell.

• crazy homeless guy
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • '81 KZ650 CSR
More
27 Nov 2008 09:54 #249597 by crazy homeless guy
Replied by crazy homeless guy on topic Crackheads get me again.
A nice little photo.

1981 KZ650 CSR
Attachments:

More
27 Nov 2008 10:42 #249601 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic Crackheads get me again.
Motion Sensor/alarm AIR HORN....

That will scare the crap (crack) out of them...

I do like the Baseball bat theory better.... You'll feel better afterwards...

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

More
27 Nov 2008 12:00 #249618 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Crackheads get me again.
I still don't get it just how the broken off top piece of a spark plug is used as a crack pipe or anything else for that matter. :S

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

• crazy homeless guy
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • '81 KZ650 CSR
More
28 Nov 2008 11:11 - 28 Nov 2008 11:13 #249763 by crazy homeless guy
Patton wrote:

I still don't get it just how the broken off top piece of a spark plug is used as a crack pipe or anything else for that matter. :S

As far as I can tell, the piece that was cut off of the cable has a metal knuckle. They take that knuckle, and insert it into the end of the white porcelain piece of the plug. Then they pack the part of the metal knuckle that fit over the spark plug with crack. Then light the crack while holding the opposite end of the porcelain "pipe" to your mouth. Inhale as you are lighting it, and it will suck the crack smoke down the shaft of the spark plugs porcelain shaft, and into your lungs.

I am thinking the one in my photo was not the best job by the crackhead because the porcelain did not break off cleanly. Meaning, that the pipe was shorter, and the flame to light it would be closer to your face. Which I guess would make it a little less comfortable to smoke out of.

This is a guess though.

1981 KZ650 CSR
Last edit: 28 Nov 2008 11:13 by crazy homeless guy.

More
28 Nov 2008 12:14 - 29 Nov 2008 02:57 #249773 by Patton
Thanks for the explanation. Didn't realize the metal elbow inside the plastic boot was part of the deal. Am thinking oem plug wires with angled plastic oem plug boots (boot screws onto end of plug wire with fitted rubber cover on each end of boot).

Perhaps re-fitting with a different style plug boot (such as those supplied with Dyna plug wires with boots already permanently affixed) might discourage the thieves. Am thinking Dyna boots don't contain the metal elbow. But would require either coils without permanently fitted plug wires or a plug wire splice unit (available from Z1E).

Also, I believe the very economical simple L-shaped small soft rubber boots are still readily available, with a spring thingy inside that likely wouldn't serve too well as part of a crackpipe (just guessing), which could be fitted in lieu of the factory style hard plastic boots.

Good Luck!

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:
Last edit: 29 Nov 2008 02:57 by Patton.

• crazy homeless guy
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • '81 KZ650 CSR
More
30 Nov 2008 22:23 #250132 by crazy homeless guy
Yes, originally the knuckle wasn't part of the deal. That only happened the third time. Largely I am guessing that is why they cut the knuckles, and took their insides.

I am not sure is switching knuckle types to anything other than steel would do a lot of good. Most crackheads would have no idea how a knuckle is created, they would only know to try and take it.

But, I am going to have to move faster on this than I originally anticipated. It wasn't a good time for me to deal with fixing the plugs and moving the bike because I was under my usual crunch at work, I needed to pick up parts, and Thanksgiving was approaching. So the bike was left at the scene, with me thinking they already took what they wanted, so everything would be fine.

Then I went out Friday morning to take care of the problems. I got to my bike, and it looks like they came back. This time they took the rest of the broken spark plug. I have no idea why. I guess they were carrying a spark plug wrench, or maybe they manged it with just a pair of pliers.

I guess the guy didn't realize that this was a four cylinder bike, and if he was going to try that hard, he could have just moved to the 2 plugs that are set a little further into the bike.

Anyway, this is what the crime looked like on Friday morning.

1981 KZ650 CSR
Attachments:

More
01 Dec 2008 02:33 #250149 by Patton
Couple of random thoughts - -

Was the other outside plug and/or cap also targeted?

Also raises concern as to whether any foreign matter might have been intentionally inserted/dropped through the open plug hole into the combustion chamber.

But I don't see how steel plug boots would offer much of a deterrence if the plug itself or top part of the plug remains the prime target.

Would a bike cover help discourage this by eliminating such ready visibility and apparent easy access?

Good Luck! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

• Kawickrice
  • User
  • After Monday & Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
More
01 Dec 2008 04:33 #250153 by Kawickrice
Replied by Kawickrice on topic Crackheads get me again.
Radio Shack sells reasonably priced surveillance cameras.

73 Kawasaki Z1
07 HD CVO Ultra Classic
82 Suzuki GS 1100
74 Yamaha RD 350 (My two stroke toy)
77 Kawasaki KZ 650B-1 (My putt around bike)
80 Indian Moped (My American Iron)
Long Gone
75 Suzuki GT550
74 GT 380
79 RD 400 Daytona Special
72 Honda CL 175
74 Honda QA 50
Tampa FL

More
03 Dec 2008 06:35 #250482 by route66paul
Replied by route66paul on topic Crackheads get me again.
The broken porcelon is used as a missle to a windshield. What happens is it set up a web of cracks in the windshield without making much noise. The perp then just pushes the windshield in and can get anything inside the car. In LA it is nicknamed "whisper".