used parts

More
09 Oct 2008 16:39 #241000 by ER750
used parts was created by ER750
I have a 1978 KZ 750B3 and needed several parts that are no longer available at any of the parts vendors. One in particular was a replacement points cover. I surfed the web for several weeks and then I found it. The site is www.motorcycle-recycle-center.com and it is run by Roger Wallick. He had the parts I needed and many more. I have tried to post his link in the used parts section for vendors
but so far I can't get him listed. He had a starter for my bike that was going to cost over $150 to have rebuilt for $70 dollars so as you can see he is very reasonable with his prices. He ships most parts USPS so the shipping is cheaper too. And when you live in Alaska like I do this saves me even more money. Most all the other vendors charge extra to ship to us. Just remember Roger is selling used parts, I don't think he has any new parts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Oct 2008 12:11 #241130 by coppertales
Replied by coppertales on topic used parts
Have you ever looked on ebay for parts? There are over 500 listings for KZ750 right now. Granted, alot of them are not 750 parts but you just have to look through the list. You mentioned a starter. There is an 82 750 starter auction right now and the bid is 36 bucks. I have had great luck with ebay parts keeping three KZ1100s up and running.....chris3

1982 KZ1100 A2
1982 1100 SPECTRE
1982 1100 SPECTRE

More
10 Oct 2008 15:46 #241157 by ER750
Replied by ER750 on topic used parts
A while back my wife bought a few thongs from ebay and her paypal account got hijacked and in a total of 28 hours they had stuck us for over $4500. We closed down the paypal account right away a nd it has taken 7 months to get it straightened out. So for now we only look at ebay. Yes I have seen some of them but the few I called didn't know if thier 750 was a B3 or what. Also I asked one person if theirs was a KZ or GPZ and they didn't know and I don't want to have to pay shipping twice to and from Alaska for a part that won't work. But Roger is very pleasant a nd will work with you. He also has another friend who also runs a motorcycle salvage yard he checks with if he doesn't have the parts you need.

More
11 Oct 2008 02:14 #241219 by steell
Replied by steell on topic used parts
When you start shopping for used parts you really have to know the various models and what parts off what years will work.

Kawasaki.com parts diagrams will tell you what bikes use identical parts, but it won't tell you what parts will work, that takes experience.

KD9JUR