All my buddies are into sport bikes.. Not me

More
09 Oct 2008 10:59 #240949 by 77_650B1
Replied by 77_650B1 on topic All my buddies are into sport bikes.. Not me
Exactly right! A friend of mine (06 ZX6R) "I've got an oil leak from the base pan gasket, but the 6000km service is soon so I'll wait till then and have Kawi do it."

1977 KZ650-B1
-Dual Discs
-Dyna-S
-WG Coil Mod
-Alloy Wheels

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oldkaws4ever
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Have no regrets...... You only live once.
More
09 Oct 2008 11:08 #240952 by oldkaws4ever
Replied by oldkaws4ever on topic All my buddies are into sport bikes.. Not me
kzr750r1 wrote:

The biggest complaint I have about the Modern bikers and Hearly riders.

They can't fix a damn thing themselves.

Yes I had help on some of mine, know my limits. But I know the beast like the back of my hand. Can trouble shoot the issues before going for help. If needed.

Most just shrug then complain about the mechanics cost.

my 2 cents.

Ya now that im going to MMI, i can be the mechanic that charges an arm and a leg to fix the problem:laugh: :) :cheer: ;) :P . I completly know what your talking about, all my buddies that ride harley's and crotch rocket's can't or dont know how to work on them. So when they need something do they drop it off by me. Heck my neighbor has a 2007 Harley davidson Night train, a 17,000 dollar bike none the less. He left it in front of my house with the key's in the ignition. I had to change the oil and stuff, i have alway's ripped on hardley's but to completely hones i liked it, i just didnt like when you yanked the throttle it sounded like it was going to orbit into space...........but i wasnt going that fast. Now the kawis if you yank the throttle it willslide you right off the seat:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

74 Z1a 900 (Apart and making it better than ever)
77 Kz 650b (Threw a rod, going to sandwich in a 900 or 1000 motor)
76 Kz 400d
05 ninja zx-636
81 Kz 750 Ltd
Darien, Illinois

More
09 Oct 2008 12:28 #240964 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic All my buddies are into sport bikes.. Not me
All very true. But ya can't stop progress. Call it what you will but it's why swing arms and front ends are being swapped for the latest and greatest all the time. I have lots of friends with new rockets and they are VERY impressive and an absolute ball to drive. But to do some long distance...nope. But then again I'm not sure I want to do that on anything but a touring bike anyway. Hense the name...touring bike. As for working on the bikes yeah it's the same as the cars these days. Or does you car have a straight 6? Good on ya if you are driving a 1963 283 chevy Impala or something similar but I bet no one is. Unless it's to the Sunday Car Cruise Night! Once again I love all my bikes but I have a cruiser, a go fast and a tourer...(+ a couple more). I'm lucky. But there are all around bikes that do it all but do not do any one thing the best. Hell.... I want a on/off road bike but I am a realist. It won't be a streetfighter and it won't be an Enduro. I know that. But it still should be fun!! Ride what you love, don't dis others bikes or choices and if someone disses yours... walk away....drop them...or laugh and tell them their zipper is down and then walk away. It helps if they have one of those 20 sipper jackets on.;)

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

More
10 Oct 2008 09:35 #241112 by Tony
PLUMMEN wrote:

technology sucks!you can have my 8 track player when you canpry it frommy cold,dead fingers!:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: LMAO!!

More
10 Oct 2008 12:15 #241131 by coppertales
Replied by coppertales on topic All my buddies are into sport bikes.. Not me
I hear you. I have been riding KZ bikes since the first Z1. I now have three 82 KZ1100s and these should last me the rest of my riding days, providing ebay keeps me in parts. I am 64. Guys riding sport bikes tend to do stupid things. Why, I don't know unless it is a young guy thing. Sport bikes don't fit me at all so I never had any interests in them....chris3

1982 KZ1100 A2
1982 1100 SPECTRE
1982 1100 SPECTRE

More
10 Oct 2008 13:01 #241138 by Patton

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

More
11 Oct 2008 22:30 #241381 by timebomb33
Replied by timebomb33 on topic All my buddies are into sport bikes.. Not me
i get that question all the time. i've been a licensed motor cycle mechanic for 18 years, i've owned over 50 motorcycles thru the years,i've test ridden almost every bike made in the last 18-20 years, i've worked at harley dealerships i've been given demo bikes to ride. i like something about every bike i have ridden but for some reason i always go back to my z'ers i like how easy they are to work on,how easy they are to modify,how they can be a bike for every occasion i love the look of the lines of the bike,the sound the feel and the looks of people when i pull in some place with my red rocket. don't get me wrong i love motorcyles all shapes and sizes i just love my old kawi's best. nuff said

1973 z1 2-1974z1-a,2-1975z1-b dragbikes1015cc+1393cc, 1977kz1000,1978kz1000,1981kz1000j, 1997 zx-11, 2000 z12r,1428turbo nitrous pro-mod and a shit load of parts thats all for now leader sask.,CANADA
I THINK MY POWERBAND BROKE