Anyone into Spanish Dirtbikes??

More
11 Sep 2008 13:00 #236710 by galaxian
Anyone into Spanish Dirtbikes?? was created by galaxian
Like the subject line says. I just recently got an Ossa Pioneer and have tons of questions and or parts to sell for that matter.

1977 KZ1000A1, 1979 KZ650 C3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2008 14:39 #236723 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Anyone into Spanish Dirtbikes??
First real bike I ever rode was an Ossa 250 dirtbike. I think I could only tip-toe it. That sucker was tall.

sorry no tech info though.

More
11 Sep 2008 17:55 #236764 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Anyone into Spanish Dirtbikes??
It's been a "long" time, but IIRC the Pioneer was an Enduro bike, this was back around 1971 or so, I was riding a Yamaha DT1-MX and wishing I had the bucks for an Ossa :)

KD9JUR

More
11 Sep 2008 17:56 #236765 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Anyone into Spanish Dirtbikes??
when i was a kid i had a hotrodded 125 hodaka i rode,the guy i bought it from also sold ossas out of his shop.there was an other shop in town that sold montessas and ossas,flying doug owned the montessa shop .he got the name when a stunt rider he hired to jump an ossa off the side of a cliff into a lake at a rock quarry never showed up so he had to make the jump himself or the crowd was gonna lynch him,i think he made it a couple hundred feet before going in the drink!:woohoo: i used to have atrading card with a picture of him flying off the side of the cliff with all the details of the jump!;)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
11 Sep 2008 20:58 #236800 by jonnybiker
Replied by jonnybiker on topic Anyone into Spanish Dirtbikes??
I just saw an Ossa Pioneer For sale On craigs list i think, In michigan. dam fine old dirt bike.As a kid we ran them , Pentons, huskys, Bultacos. God, thoose were the days. I still work on them, I think i may still have a clymer repair manual for the Ossa...If your interested let me know. Enjoy that old dog. jonnybiker

More
12 Sep 2008 14:38 #236885 by littlemanonbigbike
Replied by littlemanonbigbike on topic Anyone into Spanish Dirtbikes??
I had an old husky 400 about 20 years ago i picked up at an auction never could get it to run right, something to do with the ignition. Probably a good thing it would'nt run!
Also had a Hodaka road toad that was a lot of fun.

1982 1100 Spectre
Various other toys

More
12 Sep 2008 20:23 #236934 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Anyone into Spanish Dirtbikes??
Back in the day my buddy had a 500 Yankee (made in USA). This was a fairly rare enduro bike that mated 2 Ossa 250 engines together to make a monster enduro. Here's a link:

www.yankeetwin.com/index.html

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
13 Sep 2008 08:31 #236977 by steell
Replied by steell on topic Anyone into Spanish Dirtbikes??
I'd forgotten about the Yankee until you mentioned it! :D

Friend of mine has a 175 Penton that he bought new that he's looking to sell. Has a Title and all the original paperwork with it. Needs some work though.

KD9JUR