Kawi Dealer

More
29 Aug 2008 00:23 #234552 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Kawi Dealer
ltdrider wrote:

Now for an opposing viewpoint....
The head mechanic/parts manager at my Kaw dealer is an old KZ nut. He loves it when I visit, and always takes a break to go out and look at my bike. He gives me discounts on stuff when he can, and he's always good to take the helm with the microfishce machine when looking for parts. He knows the kids working there have no idea, so he does it himself. Usually the part's not stocked, but he does try.
Probably not very many of these old mechanics left; guys that were wrenching when the Z1 was in the showroom. But a few are still breathin'.

You need to buy that man a Christmas present every year! You have a jewel there.

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Silver
  • User
  • Old Bikes Are Better!
More
29 Aug 2008 04:08 #234557 by Silver
Replied by Silver on topic Kawi Dealer
Yeah. I dont stock alot of old parts either. But I love tryin to get them. Its too bad your dealers don't care about you folks.

As far as online.. I buy my share of stuff off ebay. But my dedicated customers dont care about the price.. The pay a little extra for the knowlege and I think im pretty hansome too.lol

1983 KZ750F1 LTD

More
29 Aug 2008 08:22 #234604 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Kawi Dealer
HANDSOME not hansome. Geesh, how can a guy get full of himself and not even spell handsome bwhahahaha

I NEVER use the dealership in San Antonio. It is San Antonio Cycle Plex. They are multi-brand (carry ALL Jap brands and now Chinese and other stuff and the parts people know nothing about parts or bikes. I am about 50 miles away and if I call and ask if a part is in stock, they will look at their computer and tell me YES. When I get there, they can't find it. Not worth the effort. They order stuff from Kaw USA. Kaw USA will go to Kaw Japan if the part is not here in the states. If you go to bikebandit.com, they do the same thing. The issue of finding good customer service and support is MUCH more important than the lowball price. That is why I use www.z1enterprises.com for my OEM Kaw parts. Jeff and Rob can get ANYTHING that CyclePlex can get and are more likely to find it since they know the bikes we love. They will HUNT for stuff. If you find a good local dealer, by all means support that dealer as they are RARE but if not, use Z1E; by the way, they also spend quite a bit of money advertising on this site and that money goes to support the site. wg

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

More
29 Aug 2008 08:28 #234607 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic Kawi Dealer
What HE said!B)

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
29 Aug 2008 19:44 #234675 by N0NB
Replied by N0NB on topic Kawi Dealer

Nate

Nates vintage bike axiom: Riding is the reward for time spent wrenching.
Murphys corollary: Wrenching is the result of time spent riding.

1979 KZ650 (Complete!)
1979 KZ650 SR (Sold!)
1979 KL250 (For sale)
1994 Bayou 400 (four wheel peel :D )