Overstockpartsgalore: Gary a Staright Up Guy! by OMR

• Old Man Rock
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
28 Aug 2008 05:04 - 28 Aug 2008 06:16 #234382 by Old Man Rock
Hey all,

Quick update on the situation with the 1015cc kit w/ bored and honed cylinder. 1045cc pistons, cylinder not bored.

After a few e-mails with the owner (Gary) at overstock, all equipment was shipped back where Gary took it upon himself to make sure customer satisfaction was guaranteed, he gave me his word and he kept it. Straight up man in my book!

Upon receiving my shipment in Florida, I immediately received an e-mail from Gary with an apology regarding the situation where he would personally have this corrected and returned ASAP. All of which he did, took less than 1 week including shipping!

Each piston and ring set was marked per cylinder sleeve.
In using a feeler gauge and the largest measured spacing with the piston inserted was .08mm (.003") in any of the cylinder sleeves.

As discussed with Gary...
We're a small group of several thousand world wide where 30 years ago we fell in love with the KZ series motorcycles. The most of us are now middle age men in our 50's plus where the only difference from 30 years ago till now is (other than age of course) we can actually afford to buy and restore these beautiful, magnificent machines.

We all share the knowledge through word of mouth, when we find a service provider of parts, machining services or customizations, we share this information, good and bad. We're actually one big family, Brother Hood!

Since there's not that many services out there any longer for KZ's, BAD word of mouth is truly not good and bad reputation/goes a long way in this community.

All in all, Gary turned out to be a straight up guy! He truly was concerned on the situation and in the fact that I was not a happy camper and personally took care of this situation.

What more could you ask for... If you have issues with your orders, send Gary an e-mail. He will respond quickly and take care of you, I have no doubts on this.

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az
Last edit: 28 Aug 2008 06:16 by Old Man Rock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Aug 2008 05:35 #234390 by tw..
I'm glad everything worked out.

2-1976 KZ900 A4
1995 KZ1000 Police bike
1978 Z1R

More
28 Aug 2008 06:58 #234404 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic Overstockpartsgalore: Gary a Staright Up Guy! by OMR
good lord omr,would you please get that bike put together so that we can see if you can even still ride the thing!!!:P
glad it all worked out,with overstock.he seems to have some pretty decent prices,and to know he stood good with you means something.i can't wait to see your bike FINISHED,hehe.

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

• Old Man Rock
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
28 Aug 2008 10:14 #234438 by Old Man Rock
Replied by Old Man Rock on topic Overstockpartsgalore: Gary a Staright Up Guy! by OMR
"good lord omr,would you please get that bike put together "
hahahahaha... Tell me about it.

Now that I have all timing components (chain), tranny crap I found I had a broken 8mm stud in the case... Got it out last night and now need to find an 8mm heli coil. Never ends!

I will tell you guys one thing, every friggin bolt, seal, gasket, gear what ever has been evaluated or replaced. The plan is to get it back on the frame by the end of the long weekend. I have the new brake lines (black chrome) and should be able to get everything (motor, front & rear setup shocks/swing arm, brakes terminated and bled, electrical bay, on including wiring harness up to the head.

Due to $$$ I have spent lately, wifey poo says back off a little so it will be another month or two before I can get the head off to Larry C. It's ok for I still have to obtain the CAM bushings, springs, seals and guides so I should be able to sneak those in there past her....;)

Not sure for she's a hell of a lot smarter than I...
Shoosh, don't tell her or I'll never hear the end of it.

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az

More
28 Aug 2008 12:20 #234457 by 531blackbanshee
Replied by 531blackbanshee on topic Overstockpartsgalore: Gary a Staright Up Guy! by OMR
okay,so at least you have a workin game plan.now on to execution.:P

skiatook,oklahoma 1980 z1r,1978 kz 1000 z1r x 3,
1976 kz 900 x 3
i make what i can,and save the rest!

billybiltit.blogspot.com/

www.kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/325862-triple-tree-custom-work

kzrider.com/forum/5-chassis/294594-frame-bracing?limitstart=0

More
29 Aug 2008 15:12 #234654 by JohNLA
I ordered a full gasket set from them that was cheaper than anyone else. Came quickly and was shipped appropriately.
Unlike the the last NOS OEM head gasket I ordered from EBay. The idiot folded a big piece of used cardboard around it and shipped it. The cardboard already had a fold in it from its previous life. The gasket bent right down the same fold.:ohmy:
The seller returned my money when he didn't have another to ship. Lucky, I had ordered a full set from overstock. So I was able to finish the job.

s49.photobucket.com/albums/f255/JohNLA_photo/1983%20GPZ%20550/
83 GPZ 550 Stock with 3600 miles_83s.
83 GPZ 550 4-1,pods,Mikuni 36,000 + miles