Clutch cable about to let loose

More
29 Aug 2008 05:48 #234570 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic Clutch cable about to let loose
RonKZ650 wrote:

Just about everything, besides 2 weeks of clothes, spare chain, every tool I may need, spare tubes, oil, 2.5 gal gas, 3 or 4 sets of gloves and boots, 3 or 4 leather jackets, regular stuff like spare headlights/bulbs, plugs, chain oil, all my cleaning supplies. All adds up quickly. Cheap Poloroid camera photo from Key West on how to pack with no luggage rack

Jeeeeze Ron....3 0r 4 sets of gloves and boots and 3 or 4 leather jackets!!! What the hell were you doing? Working as a roadie for the Village People? I'm all for the Boy Scout motto school of thought "Be Prepared" but 3 or 4 leather jackets and pairs of boots? Seems like a buttload of overkill! Besides we make fun of these people......

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Aug 2008 08:48 #234610 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Clutch cable about to let loose
I rode enough that I knew one jacket will not suffice, you need at least 2 or 3 for different weather conditions and definately 2 or 3 pair of boots and gloves. Nothing worse than wearing wet gloves and shoes in 45 degree weather all day.
The best thing I ever did though was always take that 2.5 gallon gas can with me. It saved me running out of gas at least 3 times that I can think of. You can look at a map and map out your gas stops real easy until you get to the planned stop and find there is no stations there or they are only open 9am to 6pm and you're sitting there at 6am debating waiting 3 hours or taking your chances down the road.
One time on our annual 1000 mile in 24 hour ride here in Colorado, they routed us up in the mountains at 2AM over little roads through little mountain towns. Besides being pitch black dark, there is no little town that has a gas station open at those hours. The smarter guys stopped and waited out a station to open, the more daring kept riding and praying, then there I was, I simply unpacked 2.5 gal and filled and rode. The end of the ride quite a few guys asked me how in the world I made it :)

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.