FS, Fully faired Kz1100A.

• getloworgohome
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
23 Aug 2008 07:13 #233558 by getloworgohome
FS, Fully faired Kz1100A. was created by getloworgohome
Hello everyone,I hope this is the right place to post this, I didnt see a classified section on you guy's site. I'd like to see this go to a home where someone will love it, as theres lots of life left in this bike.

I picked this bike up and after riding it a bit I've decided it's not my style. The last owner thought it had carb problems, but it turned out to be that the rubber "intake manifolds" between the carbs and the head, werent sealed to the head, causing a HUGE vacuum leak. Sealed those up, synced and did some tuning to the carbs, and now she runs great. Its in Overall good shape, and would make someone a great daily rider.
This was a pretty cool bike back in the day, and this is the full option model.

The good:
Tires less than a year old
Starts quick and Runs strong, This bike is fast, and will carry the front end even with the weight of the fairing
no leaks in the air suspension
everything works Except the speedometer
All fairings (Front fairing, sheild, shingaurds, hard bags and trunk with backrest) are OEM for kawasaki by vetter, all lock like they're supposed to, and are keyed alike. All lights work, Trunk has room for a full face helmet.
Has Jardine 4 into 1 header and muffler.

The ok:
Bodywork is in good shape, about a 6.5 out of ten, two very small dings in the tank, and light scratches on the tank, bags, and trunk. The scratches are from the bike hanging around the garage and getting nicked from walk-bys and such, not from crash damage.
battery is kind of weak, it gets the job done, but will probably need replaced shortly. I may get a new one this week, as ive been riding the bike back and forth to work.

The bad.
Speedometer doesnt work, its not cable driven like most bikes of the time, its electric, and i havent found any replacement sensors around, but i havent looked much either.
A couple small cracks on the front fairing, and a chip out of the turn signal surround.
some rust on the header and Jardine muffler.
will probably need brakes soon, pads look worn.

I'd Like to get $1200 for it, but im open to offers. Try me on pretty much anything, other bikes, 4 wheelers, 3 wheelers, ect. Im happy to help with delivery within a couple hundred miles for a little extra. I wouldnt hesitate to ride this bike that far, or i can trailer it if im bringing something non-running, or non street legal back. PM me here, or email me at fuzzylogic900@hotmail.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2008 08:05 #233570 by steell
Replied by steell on topic FS, Fully faired Kz1100A.
Yeah, that "Classifieds" tab at the top of the page is pretty hard to see :)

Mileage and your location might help.

Seems like a fair price, although used bike prices seem to be declining right now, based on the 83 GPz1100 with 20k miles that just sold for $1200 on eBay. I was rather surprised that it went that cheap.

KD9JUR

• getloworgohome
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
23 Aug 2008 09:01 #233578 by getloworgohome
Replied by getloworgohome on topic FS, Fully faired Kz1100A.
now i see the classified thing... sorry. Im a tool. milage is 33,xxx speedometer broke right before he sold it to me. so thats close. and im in Charleston, SC.

More
23 Aug 2008 13:21 #233607 by steell
Replied by steell on topic FS, Fully faired Kz1100A.
Lots of people post for sale items in the forums, because it seems like few people look in the Classifieds. I usually try to sneak in a mention of items I'm selling in my posts :D

For instance, I have a set of Wiseco 1105 pistons, and a set of GPz1100 cams, that would make that bike fly.

I can be sneaky at times :D

KD9JUR

More
23 Aug 2008 20:14 - 23 Aug 2008 20:15 #233651 by quader98
Replied by quader98 on topic FS, Fully faired Kz1100A.
wow,not an obvious plug at all... lol

Ernie from central jersey
82 GPZ 750 R1
looking to part out my 81 KZ750E2
Last edit: 23 Aug 2008 20:15 by quader98.

More
25 Aug 2008 08:36 #233890 by coppertales
Replied by coppertales on topic FS, Fully faired Kz1100A.
First, check the wiring between your speedo sensor on the front wheel and the gauge. I have had wires break, where they flex from fork travel, which will cause your speedo not to work. Otherwise it is the speedo unit.

If you are going to sell the bike, a can of wax is your best friend, before you take the pictures.

You should get your price on ebay. Depends on the market of the day though....chris3

1982 KZ1100 A2
1982 1100 SPECTRE
1982 1100 SPECTRE