MRE (Murdoch Racing Enterprises) Sucks! Beware, Total Ripoff!!!!

• Old Man Rock
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
13 Aug 2008 23:12 - 13 Aug 2008 23:13 #231922 by Old Man Rock
All,

As most of you may have followed, I have been getting screwed by MRE on my parts order now for quite some time.

I have also found this is the same business as www.overstockpartsgalore.com . I'm sorry for ever promoting these guys to you all and if you got screwed I'm truly sorry.

MRE has been screwing me over for other parts I already paid for where I only received partial order and have been jerked around since.

I have e-mailed them daily and have spoke to the owner Jay Regan numerous times and still no parts. He has out right lied to me numerous times giving me his word, parts shipping today/tomorrow, they will be dropped shipped overnight etc... and NADA, no parts. Now he's avoiding my daily calls and e-mails!!!

Note: this has been going on for 45 days now!

See previous posting below...
kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=107& func=view&id=229681&catid=2#229681

Bottom line, this guy SUCKS ASS, he's total B.S.! Don't use MRE/Overstock if you can help it, for he will SCREW you as he has me. Use at your own risk, you have been warned...

Old Man Rock

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
Camshafts: Kawi GPZ-1100 .375 lift
Head: P&P via Larry Cavanaugh
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Kerker 4-1, 1.5" comp baffle.
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler
Acewell 2802 Series Speedo/Tach
Innovate LC1 Wideband 02 AFR meter

Phoenix, Az
Last edit: 13 Aug 2008 23:13 by Old Man Rock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Aug 2008 05:36 #231942 by shighley
Hey OMR; This sucks for sure. Overstocked Parts Galore has my money and I'm waiting for Wiesco to ship K1015 kit to Gary Larsen so he can bore/hone the block. I sure hope Karma can pull this one out for me. I'm sorry you are getting this kind of treatment. Good luck and ride safe, Steve

\'74 Z1-A, Bought new, worn out 3 times, being ridden now
\'83 XVZ12TK, was daily driver until frame broke
\'78 KZ650SR-D1A, Son's bike, I'm the wrench (He's young)!

• Old Man Rock
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 Aug 2008 06:03 #231947 by Old Man Rock
Hey Steve,

I'm sorry you are getting this kind of treatment. Good luck

... back at you. At this point, I'm only down ~ $200. I guess he could have really screwed me and not sent me anything but I was calling him and e-mailing him daily with threatening over tones (collection agencies).

In one of the many calls with this schmuck, he mentioned Gary was pissed at him about not getting the Block out. I took this as meaning Gary had completed the work but Jay was not getting the product out to the customer which was bad for Gary's name and reputation (machinist work).

If you have Gary's number then I would be calling him. Maybe he can put the pressure on Jay. Seriously, do everything you can!

If you have already ordered, then contact your credit card company and cancel the order now...

Guys, I'm not BSing you on this. You send me your home e-mail address and I'll send you every friggin correspondence with this MF'r depicting everything I have stated here holds true.

My gut feeling is this guy is going out of business and is screwing the customer. It's the only thing that makes sense in his business manner.

Again, I'm truly sorry about promoting this in the beginning. If your getting screwed, I just don't know what to say.

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler

Phoenix, Az

More
14 Aug 2008 08:23 #231968 by Sandy
Ya,this really sucks.

I'd be all over this guy like a fat-kid on a smartee!

Don't let up,Rock,and get it plastered all over the net.
You've obviously done as much as you can,and you're still being pooped upon.
There are plenty of bike forums out there,and all it takes is word of...well...word,I suppose.

Keep us posted,bud.

1977 KZ1000 A-1

More
14 Aug 2008 09:03 #231974 by steve3408
Old Man Rock wrote:

All,

As most of you may have followed, I have been getting screwed by MRE on my parts order now for quite some time.

I have also found this is the same business as www.overstockpartsgalore.com . I'm sorry for ever promoting these guys to you all and if you got screwed I'm truly sorry.

MRE has been screwing me over for other parts I already paid for where I only received partial order and have been jerked around since.

I have e-mailed them daily and have spoke to the owner Jay Regan numerous times and still no parts. He has out right lied to me numerous times giving me his word, parts shipping today/tomorrow, they will be dropped shipped overnight etc... and NADA, no parts. Now he's avoiding my daily calls and e-mails!!!

Note: this has been going on for 45 days now!

See previous posting below...
kzrider.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=107& func=view&id=229681&catid=2#229681

Bottom line, this guy SUCKS ASS, he's total B.S.! Don't use MRE/Overstock if you can help it, for he will SCREW you as he has me. Use at your own risk, you have been warned...

Old Man Rock

I can agree with you on that place, i ordered a $16 part,small enough to hold in my folded up hand,and they charged $12.50 shipping/handling on it.But i guess now maybe i was lucky to get it at all.I wouldnt buy from them again,thats for sure.
Good luck with your parts from them,old man rock.

1980 KZ1000 A4(bought new),1979 KZ1000 MKII(bought new),1978 KZ1000 A (sold)1979 KZ1000 B LTD (sold)1976 KZ900 LTD (sold)1978 KZ750 twin (sold)

• Old Man Rock
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 Aug 2008 11:31 #232011 by Old Man Rock
To let you all know, I have had e-mail conversations "due to my posting" with overstockparts. As I originally posted, I had exceptional results with them but due to association with MRE, their customers are not receiving their paid for and ordered parts.

Do we expect it tomorrow/overnight, well of course not unless we paid for that service but 45 friggin days and now they ignore our e-mails and calls... Unheard of!

Maybe I wasn't fair to include Overstock and I have appologized to them for this unfortunate mess. Same time, it isn't fair that myself and other customers are getting screwed over due to this association either.

Example: As posted regarding Dynoman, I was informed it would be two weeks for my CAM shafts to be cut and grind with another 3-5 days to ship. Buzz kept me informed via e-mail and even had the curtisy to call me (twice mind you)the whole way through and delivered as promised, what more could you ask for. Straight up operation...

Anyhoot, I'll keep you posted, I have already contacted my credit card company to cancel this order and payment.
Screwing me was one thing but now others based on my promotion, well screw them!:angry:

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler

Phoenix, Az

More
14 Aug 2008 19:18 #232068 by 79MKII
Wow, how strange. I just spoke personally with Gary Kohl today from overstock parts galore. I have ordered from him several times with no problems. I'm about to have a custom offset sprocket made and now I'm a little worried. How is he tied into MRE??

I talked to him today and he said he has a regular day job and does the ebay and internet thing on the side. It sounded like he knows a lot of guys around him that are connected with drag racing. Maybe MRE is one of them? Anyway, I hope he just gets overstock parts from them and the association ends there. Let me know if you find out anything else. I'm expecting a paypal invoice from him any minute now!!

The Kaw List:
Current: 79 KZ1000 A3 MKII, 78 KZ1000 A2, 78 KZ1000 Z1-R, 78 KZ650 SR, 80 KE175
Former: 03 KLX400SR, 99 ZRX1000, 82 KZ750 LTD, 80 KZ1000 A4 MKII, 80 KZ1000 LTD, 78 KZ1000 A2, 74 H-2 750 Triple, 78 KL250

• Old Man Rock
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
14 Aug 2008 19:36 #232077 by Old Man Rock
I did receive e-mails today from a Gary @ Overstock, not sure if it's the same person, no last name was included in the reply.

He was somewhat confused and a little upset with me which is understandable but as I explained to him, truly sorry for his company didn't do me wrong but due to association with MRE this will haunt them.

I also stated if he has received orders from members then ship out there orders ASAP or at least let them know where their orders are at MRE(bore/honing/packaging/in route etc...) then inform them so. Don't leave them hanging.

I believe MRE only does all their machining so hopefully I'm wrong, you'll end up with what you purchased and that's where it ends.

Same time, I'm staying away from ever using them again. Once is enough for me to say forget it, order elsewhere and get on with my project for I've been patient, waited long enough, had dealt with it long enough, hell with it.

Life goes on... just be careful guys. If you receive the expected services then I'm grateful (due to my promotion) and happy for you for not getting screwed. I truly mean that.

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler

Phoenix, Az

More
30 Aug 2008 11:00 #234708 by 79MKII
OMR - any updates on your end?

I feel I have to report that I ordered and received a custom offset from gary at overstock parts galore and all is well. The part was finished and received by me in 1 weeks time. Maybe I'm just lucky, but that's 4 transactions with overstock and all have been good.

Hopefully MRE will make good on your issues.

The Kaw List:
Current: 79 KZ1000 A3 MKII, 78 KZ1000 A2, 78 KZ1000 Z1-R, 78 KZ650 SR, 80 KE175
Former: 03 KLX400SR, 99 ZRX1000, 82 KZ750 LTD, 80 KZ1000 A4 MKII, 80 KZ1000 LTD, 78 KZ1000 A2, 74 H-2 750 Triple, 78 KL250

More
30 Aug 2008 11:20 #234709 by steell
You missed the UPDATE

KD9JUR

• Old Man Rock
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
30 Aug 2008 21:22 #234761 by Old Man Rock
Yep, all is well with Overstock... & Gary.

I have 90% of the motor all back together up to the head.
All upgraded heavy duty cylinder bolts replaced, Heavy duty timing chain & roller & gears replaced, seals, gaskets, philip to allen head screws, cleaning, shift drum and forks, gear shift spring replaced, torqued to specifications etc have been scrutinized over/replaced with new parts so I'm back in motion...

Hope to have the engine back in the frame tomorrow. Then swing arm and front end back on, install the new brake lines & bleed the brakes.

Then maybe it will start looking like a motorcycle again.... hahahahaha what a royal pain the ass the last 3 months have been. :blink: But it will be worth it down the road for this old girl will be like brand new.

This MFr better friggin start when the time comes... lol!

I'll post images latter on in the project section.

OMR

1976 KZ900-A4
MTC 1075cc.
ZX636 suspension
MIKUNI, RS-34'S...
Dyna-S E.I.
Earls 10 row Oil Cooler

Phoenix, Az

• happy1
  • Visitor
25 May 2011 16:08 #453509 by happy1
Wow, I know this is a while after you had your mishap with MRE but you need to calm down. I have been ordering with them for years and never once have I EVER come accross into issues with them. They go out of their way to help you. Yes, they may be a little slow on shipping at times but the entire place is run by a total of 5 employees who do their absolute best at keeping everyone happy. Seems like you happened to luck out. Sorry for what happened to you but you dont need to bad mouth these guys. They get the lowest prices out to their customers and do bussiness with people throughout the world. Suck it up buddy. Im sure you werent the easiest customer to do business with.

AND Gary is a retired person who does this on the side after is day job. You need to be nicer to people.