Ive been away from the dirt for to dang long

• oldkaws4ever
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Have no regrets...... You only live once.
More
09 Aug 2008 22:44 #231097 by oldkaws4ever
Ive been away from the dirt for to dang long was created by oldkaws4ever
Well i rode my 01 suzuki rm 250 dirt bike today for the first time since i crashed on it in 2003. I was a very good dirt bike rider with the chance of going pro i think. I was in a race in 2003 and took a jump at full throttle and landed to hard and flipped over the bars and 2 other bikes landed on top of me. I was lucky to survive that one. I only came out of it with a broken arm, collar bone, broke my left leg and cracked 6 ribs. That put an end to my moto cross days. After the accident i completely rebuilt my suzuki front to back, but never had the want to get back on it again. My buddy who went pro 2 years ago had ben egging me on the last year to pull it out of the garage and get back racing.............well i did today and it felt GREAT to get back on her and rip it up a bit.......lol. After we had lunch, hotdogs and chips......yum yum, I took out his quad and went ripping around the trails like i hadn't had a 5 year break. Then i took the suzuki out and it started raining really hard, that should have been a tall tell sign to bring it back in but no not me i kept going strong, everything was cool till i pinned the throttle around a corner and she came right out from under me. I didnt get hurt or anything but it was kind of emmbarising. I think i might try to get back into motocross, but this time it will be on a kawi and not a suzuki!!:woohoo: :silly: :side: :laugh: :) B) :cheer: :lol: :silly: :blink: :woohoo:

74 Z1a 900 (Apart and making it better than ever)
77 Kz 650b (Threw a rod, going to sandwich in a 900 or 1000 motor)
76 Kz 400d
05 ninja zx-636
81 Kz 750 Ltd
Darien, Illinois

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Aug 2008 08:13 #231136 by harm
motocross is so fun! After many years of riding i sold my KX250 last year. I did some racing through the years but nothing like you. I was the track series champion one year:laugh: I think it is way more fun than a road bike but im getting to old but it will always be in my blood;)

Tom
Holland, MI

1980 KZ550 ELR

2011 Concours14

2017 KX450 [/color]

More
10 Aug 2008 09:36 #231148 by Locozuna
Replied by Locozuna on topic Ive been away from the dirt for to dang long
Doing it in the dirt and woods makes one a better rider once you hit the tar. Just got to survive both! ;) But age does cut short the dirt experience. Unless you are just riding the trails and not in berserker mode.

KZ900LTD, KZ750LTD, KZ650, 72'Triumph Trident
"Over the Mountains
Of the Moon,
Down the Valley of the Shadow,
Ride, boldly ride,"
The shade replied
"If you seek for Eldorado!"