Need some input with next project

More
25 Jul 2008 23:57 - 25 Jul 2008 23:58 #228394 by Makarth
Need some input with next project was created by Makarth
sorry for long title but i need some serious opinions. I'll be getting my megasquirtII system this sunday and im considering what to use to convert my bike to EFI. I was looking for gpz throttle bodies but the local bike salvage wants too much and cant find any on ebay so im considering making my own plenum (since i have the resources) and taking a throttle body off a car. Basically a simple setup you would find on a honda car or something. i also plan on replacing my dyna s ignition with a ford EDIS 4 system which will use a 36 minus 1 tooth wheel and crank positioning sensor (put it in the points housing maybe??). i wanted to use this setup because i can kill two birds with one stone. #1 being ignition and timing tables for future ventures like turbo or nitrous and it still has a similar "wasted spark" system with a more compact coil pack instead of two independent coils #2 basis for injection timing pulse width and duty cycles etc etc... for an entire EDIS system (which btw can be stand alone if need be) is 100 bucks. Soooooooooo good idea? any inputs??? i've done searches on megasquirt here but nothing comes up thats in depth and kz1000 are rare if not non-existent on the msefi message boards. thanks in advance everyone, i hope to start a project post soon:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

edit: HURRAY BICENTENNIAL !!!

1977 kz1000 - Megasquirt project @ 40% wiring, plenum, and exhaust<--(done!)
Last edit: 25 Jul 2008 23:58 by Makarth.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Jul 2008 08:16 #228414 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Need some input with next project
check with Duck hes been working on a micro squirt system and has a writeup on it over at Kawpen.Edebris.com in one of the forums B)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.