Wow- bike shop is going to have some cool projects this winter! Now with pics!

More
16 Jul 2008 09:37 - 17 Jul 2008 12:03 #226504 by CruisingRam
1982 GPZ 750- customer wants it to be "custom"- leaving whatever that means up to me- he will get round headlight, get rid of gauges for veypor or other guage type, cafe style bikini fairing, new handle bars, custom paint and powder coating. Tail light treatment will be hand formed most likely- want integrated two round tail lights,

1979 Xs 1100- going to trike.

1982 KZ750 shaft drive spectre. 99% completed now, but wants it "show quality" by march- he is off to Iraq now!

1975 Chopper project- frame is done as of today, modified soft-tail frame, old-skool bobber style.

Frame off 2002 F4i racer replica "frame off" build- former stunt bike brought back to hawtness.

Got two more customers coming by this week- we shall see how it all plays out!

Will post pics tonight!

Frame for the chopper is really coming along- got it all tacked together, will be doing the final welding today after I pick up another bottle of C02, and will X-ray all the welds when I am done, just for giggles.

Choppers are not everyone's thing- but it is what customers overwhelmingly want! ;)

The thing I am most proud of is a built in optical illusion - it looks much longer than it really is- the lady I am building it for is very, very small, she barely fits a honda rebel!

It is gs550e, will be getting 4inch over forks, and the rake is a stock 26*, and trail is great- 4.8" !

nearly 5 inches of ground clearance, so she is totally Alaskan commuter status IMHO.

It is a very heavily modified soft-tail style frame BTW.

It is my "brass knuckle Chopper"B)

1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.
Last edit: 17 Jul 2008 12:03 by CruisingRam.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.