"Spirit of America" 78 kz1000

More
06 Jul 2008 15:47 #224484 by kabarr
"Spirit of America" 78 kz1000 was created by kabarr
Does anyone know anything about these bikes only 200 were made. Are they rare or does it matter. The only reason I ask is because I've got one and I'm going to restore it but I wanted to trick it out a little. But if its rare and worth something then I'll take it back to factory. Thanx

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jul 2008 16:24 #224501 by kawtoy
Replied by kawtoy on topic "Spirit of America" 78 kz1000
That bike is kind of an odd duck as far as rare bikes go. It is rare with only 200 or so being made but it is not worth any more than a regular KZ, maybe even a bit less. I think the paint scheme and fairings are the only things that are different than a normal KZ. Most people do not like fairings on a KZ and the paint leaves much to be desired so it makes for a non-collectable bike. If it is in decent shape then you might try to sell as is and see if a collector wants it then go buy a normal KZ. If it is too far gone then I would not worry about hacking it up to make something wild. I don't think you would be hurting anyones feelings here. Welcome to the site.

Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.